Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 190500 times)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #275 on: July 24, 2020, 01:46:22 pm »

As galzria has explained any of my posts that reference hearthstone cards are not game posts so let me have a private chat with swowy please  ;)

Could you maybe make friends on FaceBook and not clutter the game thread?

I find it harder to feel like I'm really a part of the game when there's lots of conversation about stuff I have zero knowledge or interest in that's totally unrelated to mafia. The usual example (from my perspective) is alcohol, but Hearthstone seems to fit the bill. It's not inclusive fluff like what Didds posts, where at least it feels like she's trying to build community with everyone... if you're posting a load of stuff that only makes sense to people who've already invested in getting to know about whatever it is you're posting, then that's kind of clique-y, and I think it's easily anti-town because you're upping the number of excuses people have for not engaging when the thread is full of stuff that means nothing to them.

Vote: Popsofctown

Agree with this, although I'm not convinced it's actually scummy, at least D1.

I don’t remember who I’m voting for....MiX, maybe? That’s alright for now, I think. Mix, you’re feeling a little low energy to me. Are you doing okay?

I think at least one of the trio of swowl, pops, and Galz is probably scum, but probably not two of them. I’m not quite sure how to parse that out. 

I forgot Dylan was in the game. Sorry Dylan! How you been? Who’s scum??

Thanks, Space, for knowing my intention is always to build community.

Hey, no worries! I've been well enough, I guess.  I'm not sure who's scum, but I have a couple strong townreads and a few other won't-exile-todays.  Most of them don't have any relation to current wagons or anything right now (as far as I can tell pending a vote count), so the one I will share right now is that I don't plan on joining a Robz wagon today. His play seems more similar to his last game where he was town shot N1 than I remember back before my (our?) break(s?) when I vaguely remember it being more of "if I'm scumreading him he's town and I'm incapable of having anything better than a slightly town side of null read on him."

I think it’s far easier more likely for scum to hide behind the artifice of false indignation over the existence of off-topic fluff posts than it is for scum to continuously go through the effort of making them. It’s the easiest of ways to appear pro-Town without actually committing to anything game-relevant.

I’m happy with my Chairs vote right now.

It's also a good way to bus your partner, as some people will probably agree with you, while others will defend your partner, and the resulting wagon is unlikely to result in exile unless there is other reasons anyway.

And anyway, I have the guide to open wolfing that cayvie posted in the champion thread in my head, and so the high volume posting, particularly when it's off topic and thread dominating is pinging as scummy to me even though I know that's not an exclusively scum playstyle.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 24, 2020, 01:47:42 pm »

And yes, I realize you can read that and it seems like I'm contradicting myself in my reply to Space and my last sentence, but I'm not. It's pinging scummy to me, but I'm not convinced it actually is.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (Night 0)
« Reply #277 on: July 24, 2020, 02:02:36 pm »

Vote Count 1.1

popsofctown (3): scolapasta, EFHW, SpaceAnemone
Swowl (3): LaLight, Robz888, chairs
jotheonah (1): MiX
MiX (2): WestCoastDidds, jotheonah
LaLight (1): Dylan32
chairs (1): Galzria
Galzria (1): Swowl

Not Voting (1): popsofctown

With 13 alive it takes 7 to exile.

Day 1 lasts until 12:30PM FT on Wednesday, July 29th, 2020.

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 24, 2020, 02:33:28 pm »

Hmm.. worth noting that our mod is being strict about not counting votes with a missing space after the colon, otherwise Pops would have been voting Swowl since #35. (Guess who just set up their vote counter...).
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 24, 2020, 02:38:04 pm »

Dylan, right?!? Between the open wolfing and the town core stuff, I’ve learned so much from the champs games.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 24, 2020, 02:48:02 pm »

This is making me want to read more games, but I know that'll just burn me out from this one...

Hmm.. worth noting that our mod is being strict about not counting votes with a missing space after the colon, otherwise Pops would have been voting Swowl since #35. (Guess who just set up their vote counter...).

Huh? Didn't Swowl recently move his vote to Galz?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 24, 2020, 03:01:54 pm »

I'm not sure who's scum, but I have a couple strong townreads and a few other won't-exile-todays.  Most of them don't have any relation to current wagons or anything right now (as far as I can tell pending a vote count), so the one I will share right now is that I don't plan on joining a Robz wagon today. His play seems more similar to his last game where he was town shot N1 than I remember back before my (our?) break(s?) when I vaguely remember it being more of "if I'm scumreading him he's town and I'm incapable of having anything better than a slightly town side of null read on him."

This is a really weaksauce response to a request for reads. Especially the part about "most of my townreads aren't worth mentioning, but for some reason I will mention the one on Robz, who has no votes on him and has taken almost no heat". I mean, if that's a townread worth mentioning, I'd love to hear about the ones that aren't. Are you talking about a townread on yourself? Because that's just about the only thing that would be less noteable.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 24, 2020, 03:47:06 pm »

I'm not sure who's scum, but I have a couple strong townreads and a few other won't-exile-todays.  Most of them don't have any relation to current wagons or anything right now (as far as I can tell pending a vote count), so the one I will share right now is that I don't plan on joining a Robz wagon today. His play seems more similar to his last game where he was town shot N1 than I remember back before my (our?) break(s?) when I vaguely remember it being more of "if I'm scumreading him he's town and I'm incapable of having anything better than a slightly town side of null read on him."

This is a really weaksauce response to a request for reads. Especially the part about "most of my townreads aren't worth mentioning, but for some reason I will mention the one on Robz, who has no votes on him and has taken almost no heat". I mean, if that's a townread worth mentioning, I'd love to hear about the ones that aren't. Are you talking about a townread on yourself? Because that's just about the only thing that would be less noteable.

So I didn't go back and look to see where votes were, and I thought I remembered Robz getting some or a couple votes earlier in the game. I haven't kept up with who's votes had moved or if anyone was still on him, but there has also been at least one person mildly confronting or disagreeing with Robz on something, and he's at least someone who's alignment has been discussed, unlike a couple of my other reads. Like I said, that was 100% from memory and not reading anything before page 9 (on the 25 per page view) in more than 24 hours. So I was actually a bit surprised not seeing any votes on Robz.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 24, 2020, 03:54:00 pm »

Ok, to be specific, I remembered this interaction.

Well uh I think that's actually like x-1 what the hell

Unvote

Oh spare me the faux panicky unvoting when there's little real danger we'd exile MiX.

But also, this.

vote: Chairs

Robz - why did you make this post but not vote for Chairs?

I appreciate that you asked this. I was about to do so, and then I thought to myself, “okay but is this actually something scum does, or just something that annoys me? Is it actually townie to do something that annoys me, given that avoiding annoying me has to be a priority for scum?” One thing my brother, who is a much bette me town player than I, has taught me is too look for scum inconsistencies rather than just actions than seem unhelpful.

Immediately following this, pops attempted to vote for Robz (no space so not valid vote), and Swowl voted for him right after that.  I thought this sounded more like Dragonborn mafia town!Robz than what I used to remember, and so I disagreed with those votes/scumreads. I couldn't remember who all was involved to know if those votes were still there or not. So of course now I realize my post was less helpful than I thought it was when I said it.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 24, 2020, 04:04:55 pm »

Now, to make a point relating to two conversations: D1 and whether or not scumhunting and hitting scum D1 is very important or not as important for town to win and about fluffy/not helpful posting. I suspect that the most important part of the D1 exile (man that's hard to change that vocab, sorry when I inevitably miss it) is finding a high information exile, regardless of their alignment. I think it would ultimately work out better if you hit scum at equivalent to random chance D1 with high info exiles every time rather than hitting a low info scum D1 every game, whether low info means lurky or fluffy or hearthstony or whatever.  So at least D1, I don't think fluff or whatever label you want to use for not directly game related posts and conversations are a good basis for the day's exile, especially if the fluffy person doesn't have much else in the way of interactions or info that would help either connect them to scum or clear other town. However, on later days, that would be less true as letting scum hide behind that is obviously no good.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 24, 2020, 04:07:21 pm »

So to that point, I don't think pops is a great exile for today, unless there are game related interactions that would be scummy aside from the "distracting" conversations, even though I do agree that my personal preference would be to cut back on those. I mean there is a dedicated hearthstone thread on f.ds, after all.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 24, 2020, 07:44:44 pm »

vote: pops

I hate Hearthstone and I'm blaming you for Hearthstone talk occurring.
This is a good post

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 24, 2020, 07:53:08 pm »

My feelings are kind of hurted to be honest

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 24, 2020, 07:54:15 pm »

I think Robz's reasoning and vote on joth has low improvement over rand for connecting with scum, but the way the reasoning was constructed makes me feel better about Rob

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 24, 2020, 08:13:07 pm »

Now, to make a point relating to two conversations: D1 and whether or not scumhunting and hitting scum D1 is very important or not as important for town to win and about fluffy/not helpful posting. I suspect that the most important part of the D1 exile (man that's hard to change that vocab, sorry when I inevitably miss it) is finding a high information exile, regardless of their alignment. I think it would ultimately work out better if you hit scum at equivalent to random chance D1 with high info exiles every time rather than hitting a low info scum D1 every game, whether low info means lurky or fluffy or hearthstony or whatever.  So at least D1, I don't think fluff or whatever label you want to use for not directly game related posts and conversations are a good basis for the day's exile, especially if the fluffy person doesn't have much else in the way of interactions or info that would help either connect them to scum or clear other town. However, on later days, that would be less true as letting scum hide behind that is obviously no good.

I disagree because you're now encouraging players of all alignments to be low information D1 since nobody wants to be the D1 exile.

I'm much more in favor of punishing -not- generating information, to force scum to generate information and not be floofy

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 24, 2020, 08:16:15 pm »

I think Robz's reasoning and vote on joth has low improvement over rand for connecting with scum, but the way the reasoning was constructed makes me feel better about Rob

You mean my vote on swowl?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 24, 2020, 08:37:38 pm »

Yeah swowl.  I'm mixing people up I guess

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 24, 2020, 09:21:44 pm »

durnk ama
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 24, 2020, 09:22:37 pm »

durnk ama

Who's town? Who's scum? What am I?

How much do you know of Hearthstone?

What are your thoughts on Swowl and Galzria?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 24, 2020, 09:47:33 pm »

Who's town?

Me, Robz, pops, scola, Didds, some others

Who's scum?

you, Swowl, Galz

What am I?

probz scum

How much do you know of Hearthstone?

I played for a little bit but it just felt like Magic but worse.

What are your thoughts on Swowl and Galzria?

They're both scummy but in different ways. The fact that you asked about the two of them means you're almost certainly not all scum together, so please ignore my answer to question 2.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 24, 2020, 09:59:17 pm »

Who's scum now?

Why are you town?

Which of Swowl/Galzria do you scumread the most, any why?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 24, 2020, 10:01:09 pm »

I'm not scumreading joth as much as last time so I'm gonna let him be town

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 24, 2020, 10:02:36 pm »

durnk ama

Hey, me too!

Time to start more quote walls.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 24, 2020, 10:02:48 pm »

Joth, you should come back to the swowl wagon!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 24, 2020, 10:03:14 pm »

I'd also like Galz to respond to my swowl case.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.