Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 190527 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2020, 03:12:28 pm »

My heart desires a lot of things... reading through a bunch of old games on my vacation day is not exactly one of them... ;)

I will say your posts do seem in character for you from other non mafia posts I've read, so there's that, which feels towny.

I am trying to hone in on some non RVS D1 vote, but while I have some ideas, it's still at my usual elusive D1 distance...
Could you explain why emulating my offtopic posting closely would make me town in your view?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2020, 03:12:58 pm »

I can see that pops, but given half the games we play are RMMs, early exiles tend to be more important than they look at first.

In this game it shouldn't matter that much. This is a... 4 mislynch game? Which is I think 1 more than the usual.

I still really like D1 as it's the only day I can scumhunt without needing to care about PRs.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2020, 03:14:23 pm »

When we exile scum on D1, I do a dance of exuberant joy. It's super fun, so let's do that.

Joth, starting with a peaty one.  I like it!!

I'm kind of finding Mix more understated than usual.  Could be the dayvig PTSD from Pops, or could be scum Mix. Not super sure yet.

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2020, 03:29:23 pm »

Don't get me twisted I love exiling scum D1 but I don't feel bad when we misexile.

That being said the SK D1 exile from Dynasty Warriors was crucial to our sweep after.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2020, 03:30:12 pm »

I can see that pops, but given half the games we play are RMMs, early exiles tend to be more important than they look at first.

In this game it shouldn't matter that much. This is a... 4 mislynch game? Which is I think 1 more than the usual.

I still really like D1 as it's the only day I can scumhunt without needing to care about PRs.
Yeah in a normal game a d1 exile doesn't affect nightplay much because it's usually a goon and roles like rolecop have less meaning that doctor or cop

In role madness exiling mafia d1 means you didn't exile and/or out cops and doctors do to the density so that's a big nightplay impact.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2020, 03:47:38 pm »

isn't anyone going to ask me why I voted for Galzria?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2020, 03:50:30 pm »

No.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2020, 03:54:43 pm »

No.

Well than I'm not telling! But you should all join me.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 23, 2020, 03:55:58 pm »

Why should we join you?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2020, 04:04:25 pm »

Maybe he's got cookies? But then he's the dark side ergo scum.

Vote: jotheonah

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 23, 2020, 04:06:38 pm »

D1 is the best day for the totally opposite reasons you're spouting chairs, it has the most complex dayplay, it's analagous to a chess midgame

D1 is the entire game. It's hard to lose a game where scum's the D1 exile (unless LaLight's scum, of course) and it's honestly hard to reverse the momentum of a town exile. It breaks morale a bit too much for town.

firstly, awwwww thanks, secondly, are you buddying me?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 23, 2020, 04:07:10 pm »

My heart desires a lot of things... reading through a bunch of old games on my vacation day is not exactly one of them... ;)

I will say your posts do seem in character for you from other non mafia posts I've read, so there's that, which feels towny.

I am trying to hone in on some non RVS D1 vote, but while I have some ideas, it's still at my usual elusive D1 distance...
Could you explain why emulating my offtopic posting closely would make me town in your view?

Honestly, it's a small thing, but as I've never played with you, I'm trying to just find something to get any kind of bearing. Are you saying it's wrong?

I hear everyone on D1 - clearly it's something I need to get better at. Not sure it's going to happen this game, though.

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 23, 2020, 04:07:50 pm »

No.

Well than I'm not telling! But you should all join me.

I'll bite. Why are you voting for Galz?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 23, 2020, 04:10:20 pm »

Why should we join you?

I'm so glad you asked!

Because I am getting scum vibes off Galzria. Specifically, this post:

Well uh I think that's actually like x-1 what the hell

Unvote

Oh spare me the faux panicky unvoting when there's little real danger we'd exile MiX.

But also, this.

vote: Chairs

Robz - why did you make this post but not vote for Chairs?

Ok, now I'm having a hard time articulating why this is scummy. Basically, I think it's scummy to jump on someone else's case and then sort of softly egg that person on to back it up with a vote. Like he's impatient to get a wagon going.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 23, 2020, 04:12:25 pm »

This game is a great example of how well scum can do when they are all (mostly) active.

I mean, Scum should generally do well when active. I have notes in my QT where I talked about intentionally being less active to lean into an older established meta of mine - dictated by the group we were playing with. If the game were largely the “newer” (to me, since returning for M100) crowd, I think I would’ve played more forward and “in control”. I certainly find it WAY easier to be active scum than inactive scum - I hate feeling a loss of game control.

Also, this is an important quote from Galzria in the aftermath of the game we just finished, where he was scum. Do you think Galz is being active, forward, and in control this game?

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 23, 2020, 04:13:20 pm »

He's impatient to get a wagon going.

Yeah I agree that seems scummy.

This game is a great example of how well scum can do when they are all (mostly) active.

I mean, Scum should generally do well when active. I have notes in my QT where I talked about intentionally being less active to lean into an older established meta of mine - dictated by the group we were playing with. If the game were largely the “newer” (to me, since returning for M100) crowd, I think I would’ve played more forward and “in control”. I certainly find it WAY easier to be active scum than inactive scum - I hate feeling a loss of game control.

Also, this is an important quote from Galzria in the aftermath of the game we just finished, where he was scum. Do you think Galz is being active, forward, and in control this game?

That takes at least 1 day to realize. That's kinda why I'm not talking about him, he's solvable eventually, and early D1 is not when that happens.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 23, 2020, 04:14:54 pm »

He's impatient to get a wagon going.

Yeah I agree that seems scummy.

Ah, but there's a big important difference: I'm trying to start a wagon from nothing. Smart scum tries to start a wagon from somebody else's idea.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2020, 04:15:56 pm »

Does that mean I'm town? Neat.

Hey everyone join the joth wagon, best place to be in.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 23, 2020, 04:16:08 pm »

Honestly, it's a small thing, but as I've never played with you, I'm trying to just find something to get any kind of bearing. Are you saying it's wrong?

I hear everyone on D1 - clearly it's something I need to get better at. Not sure it's going to happen this game, though.

I would be of the opinion it's wrong.  Playing mafia is different from using English to discuss stuff, but when you roll scum you win if you play as little mafia as possible, so the more someone feels like an out of game players the more likely they are to be scum.   I try to be pretty conversational as both alignments just because mafia is more fun that way (?) People win more if they're having fun rationalize (?) So anyway mostly I would place very small weight on it, but if I had to pick a direction, I would say seeming conversational is scum indicative.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 23, 2020, 04:17:09 pm »

Shoot: MiX

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 23, 2020, 04:17:15 pm »

@MiX why is it that whenever I send out the obvtown memo everybody gets it but you? Do I have your address wrong?

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 23, 2020, 04:19:17 pm »

Joke's on you I checked if there was a dayvig in this setup before my first post. There isn't.

@MiX why is it that whenever I send out the obvtown memo everybody gets it but you? Do I have your address wrong?

Yes.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 23, 2020, 04:22:23 pm »

shoot: MiX

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 23, 2020, 04:29:10 pm »

Joke's on you I checked if there was a dayvig in this setup before my first post. There isn't.

Ask yourself, if you're playing in such a way that this is a necessary step, should you rethink your playstyle?

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 23, 2020, 04:30:21 pm »

Ask yourself, if you're playing in such a way that this is a necessary step, should you rethink your playstyle?

No. I got 3 out of 3 correct scum reads that game and we won, both me and the person that shot me. I see no reason to change.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.