Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 190434 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2020, 10:30:28 am »

joth is town i dont remember you asking ur eyeball is a drunken mess

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2020, 10:31:14 am »

pls feel scumread in a feminine way

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2020, 10:49:54 am »

How dare you Mix.  The zombie game didn't require that much effort, with the wincon being somewhat town adjacent and my play being somewhat obscure here.  But new game and you should not be townreading just because I don't have a dayvig, I doubt this setup even has dayvigs.  I have done like, nothing this game I couldn't emulate as scum.

Tell me exactly what you are (pretending to) townread.

iZombie allowed me to openwolf for specific reasons but I woudln't do that in singleball

And this seems like willful ignorance.

I guess Didds agrees with you
but like she always seems scummy
There were many zombie meeting sessions about how scummy Didds was but I think she flipped town that game.
otoh I think you're more authentic than this if you're town I feel paranoid you anticipated other positive reactions to my A-type mafia personality townplay and want to townread the thing you're gonna NK anyway, but I don't think I've done anything actually evidencing my alignment, only had healthful style

Well I wasn't really townreading you, you just wanted to look like town, which is different. Different from third-party isn't a read.

But then I did townread you so I don't know. It's not what I meant in the post you quoted anyway.

I think you're just being genuine. I think you're being very conscious that you're hard to read and you play in a generally scummy way, and instead of breaking that openly, you're playing heavily into it. The setup thoughts look very pops, early reading people using "evidence" in posts feels right and not made up, your vote is good, and overall you're not paying attention to the game and just saying things, and given how correct those things are, I'd say they come from town trying to be right than scum making stuff up on the spot.

This post is pretty scummy, however. You assume I'm townreading you and you crush it, then you assume I'm scum a bunch of times in a row and describe yourself as "healthful".

joth is town i dont remember you asking ur eyeball is a drunken mess

Nah, he's not. You'd know, right?

pls feel scumread in a feminine way

I can't even begin to start trying to address this post.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2020, 10:51:10 am »

Why so glum, MiX?

I don't think I'm being glum...

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2020, 11:24:37 am »

How many ways can you split 8 into a sum of integers is a fun problem, but in this game it's irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant. Shutting scola down seems MiX is trying to control the conversation a bit much.

I wanted to correct scolapasta on why it's not useful only to enumerate the points breakdowns when different roles at the same point values have differet chances of getting rolled.

Except "why" is a Space thing to do, I just assume people won't understand my explanation and shut it down.

I tend not to worry too much about whether everyone gets my explanations... over-explaining things is an IRL passtime of mine too, unfortunately.

Anyway, if the explanation is there, and there's at least one technical person who can vouch to the thread that I'm making sense, then at least I can be held to my statements, and the same should go for other people. I'm not a big fan of stating stuff and dropping votes with no explanation, though I think it works better for some players' play-styles than others. To clarify, I'm not saying I can's see the utility of being able to drop a vote without being expected to say anything further about it, particularly for people who might have PR-derived info... I just don't personally feel comfortable with deliberate uncertainty on the whole.

As for EFHW calling MiX out, @EFHW, presumably you'd actually agree that if we were to want to talk about role distributions in the thread here, then the frequency with which the different roles are expected to be rolled is actually relevant as well as the number of possible role-point sums?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2020, 11:28:08 am »

Space is for sure funny! It’s  a dry observational humor mixed with genuine charm.

I sign every word. Space, I love your humor
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2020, 11:50:26 am »

As for EFHW calling MiX out, @EFHW, presumably you'd actually agree that if we were to want to talk about role distributions in the thread here, then the frequency with which the different roles are expected to be rolled is actually relevant as well as the number of possible role-point sums?

Actually, no. It depends how you want to use the information. If you are trying to predict stuff, then yes. If you want a comprehensive look at the possibilities, then it doesn't matter if some are more probable than others.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 23, 2020, 11:52:19 am »

MiX thinks I'm scum. Must be Thursday.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2020, 12:20:15 pm »

MiX thinks I'm scum. Must be Thursday.

It is!

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 23, 2020, 12:30:00 pm »

Actually, no. It depends how you want to use the information. If you are trying to predict stuff, then yes. If you want a comprehensive look at the possibilities, then it doesn't matter if some are more probable than others.

Right, I think there's value added in both. I also don't think my enumeration was rocket science, but was useful enough for me to start wrapping my head and what kinds of combinations we might have.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2020, 12:30:57 pm »

Those who have played with popsofctown before, is this their usual style of play? (it's fairly different from the rest of y'all so just trying to calibrate my radar).
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 23, 2020, 12:32:23 pm »

I can link as many towngames or scumgames of mine as your heart desires if your heart desires them

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2020, 12:39:18 pm »

My heart desires a lot of things... reading through a bunch of old games on my vacation day is not exactly one of them... ;)

I will say your posts do seem in character for you from other non mafia posts I've read, so there's that, which feels towny.

I am trying to hone in on some non RVS D1 vote, but while I have some ideas, it's still at my usual elusive D1 distance...

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2020, 12:47:23 pm »

D1 is the best day because you can just spout off whatever and it doesn't matter, because D1 scum hunting is pretty dumb unless scum make a big faux pas. I generally just vote based on who's annoyed me, a die roll, or because I'm cheerfully taking the piss.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2020, 01:01:59 pm »

D1 is the best day for the totally opposite reasons you're spouting chairs, it has the most complex dayplay, it's analagous to a chess midgame

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 23, 2020, 01:16:54 pm »

I'm townreading joth, but I may have forgotten what it would feel like to *not* townread joth.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 23, 2020, 01:18:14 pm »

Those who have played with popsofctown before, is this their usual style of play? (it's fairly different from the rest of y'all so just trying to calibrate my radar).

It's very much their usual style of play.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 23, 2020, 01:35:50 pm »

im drunk so im going to not play hearthstone so i don't buy the gold grubbers, but I am about play some m tg

Pops, where are you located? I am totally down for daytime drunk mafia because lockdown has erased all sense of time in our house.

I'm I remembering you use "she", but don't care much about pronouns?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 23, 2020, 01:36:22 pm »

D1 is the best day because you can just spout off whatever and it doesn't matter, because D1 scum hunting is pretty dumb unless scum make a big faux pas. I generally just vote based on who's annoyed me, a die roll, or because I'm cheerfully taking the piss.
faux again!

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 23, 2020, 01:36:50 pm »

D1 is the best day for the totally opposite reasons you're spouting chairs, it has the most complex dayplay, it's analagous to a chess midgame

This is helpful. I suck at chess and D1.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2020, 02:01:49 pm »

D1 is the entire game. It's hard to lose a game where scum's the D1 exile (unless LaLight's scum, of course) and it's honestly hard to reverse the momentum of a town exile. It breaks morale a bit too much for town.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2020, 02:28:09 pm »

from my limited experience, yes. I find him a breath of fresh air tbh.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2020, 02:29:44 pm »

D1 is the entire game. It's hard to lose a game where scum's the D1 exile (unless LaLight's scum, of course) and it's honestly hard to reverse the momentum of a town exile. It breaks morale a bit too much for town.

ha. a D1 misexile affects my town morale not at all. I'm very Bayesian about it, it's my prior. I'm pleasantly surprised when we hit scum. Mostly, D1 is for getting information and kickstarting the game.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2020, 02:32:42 pm »

im drunk so im going to not play hearthstone so i don't buy the gold grubbers, but I am about play some m tg

Pops, where are you located? I am totally down for daytime drunk mafia because lockdown has erased all sense of time in our house.

I just bought my first home bottle of Scotch, so next drunk mafia is going to be  ... a lot.

(Finlaggan Old Reserve, since I know someone is going to ask. It was a bit of a value buy, on clearance at this huge liquor store at a rest stop in New Hampshire.)

He/him

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 23, 2020, 03:07:25 pm »

Apparently drunkpops cares more than soberpops.

I'm on hiatus from employment due to relatively high infection rates in my area and am kind of leading a lifestyle that transcends timezones for the most part.

There is actually some clusters of data showing lots of town losses for day one scum exiles, but only in larger games.  I think it's correlation, not causation, though.  The alignment of the player everyone through their vote down on doesn't matter that much, what matters is the multitude of impressions about everyone in the whole playerlist.  In my philosophy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.