Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 190668 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2020, 12:55:03 am »

Well uh I think that's actually like x-1 what the hell

Unvote

Oh spare me the faux panicky unvoting when there's little real danger we'd exile MiX.

But also, this.

vote: Chairs

Robz - why did you make this post but not vote for Chairs?

I appreciate that you asked this. I was about to do so, and then I thought to myself, “okay but is this actually something scum does, or just something that annoys me? Is it actually townie to do something that annoys me, given that avoiding annoying me has to be a priority for scum?” One thing my brother, who is a much bette me town player than I, has taught me is too look for scum inconsistencies rather than just actions than seem unhelpful.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2020, 12:58:40 am »

Vote:Robz88

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2020, 01:26:19 am »

Vote:Robz88
spaces between ":" and "player name"

like this

Vote: Robz
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2020, 03:14:21 am »

Gotta start the game off right with a traditional Vote: LaLight.

This is amazing and annotation worthy after the game
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2020, 06:31:25 am »

I'm gonna box that next person who talks about mechanics again, which could be anybody, because it's all any of you are doing.  It's a really good way to make an environment where scum can hide and town can't find anything.  Please stop

Dang.. this is a cruel post for me to read just after I wanted to correct scolapasta on why it's not useful only to enumerate the points breakdowns when different roles at the same point values have differet chances of getting rolled.

OTOH, I do think that fleshing out better distribution estimates is not something we need to do openly in-thread immediately. I reserve the right to have my fun D3 or so, assuming it looks useful for us to know about at that point :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2020, 06:31:42 am »

Goldgrubber is always a trap children
*unless you're rafaam

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2020, 06:33:29 am »

Vote: Space for being anti-funny

Meh, Vote: Galz for being anti-space... when am I ever successfully pro-funny? Ask Didds or LL whether they remember me being humorous in person...
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2020, 06:42:09 am »

Goldgrubber is always a trap children
*unless you're rafaam

You wrote that my "proportional lack of interest in the game at hand isn't a great look". At least I was talking about the game we're in right now ;-)
(I googled "Goldgrubber" and figure it's not MCU-related.. haven't actually looked up what rafaam is, but am assuming similar).

Anyway, I guess it's accurate that I'm not feeling super-engaged yet, but yesterday was the end of a busy day, and right now it's just a quick between-meetings coffee break. For me, the main purpose of D1 is to create wagons for future wagon analysis, and I often find myself regretting in later days that I didn't move my vote around enough to get better PoE, so I'm trying to at least do some voting to help later.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2020, 07:43:54 am »

Space what's your pronouns I don't remember

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2020, 07:44:21 am »

oh wait I found them on third look

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2020, 08:07:44 am »

I like this pops. Seems town, or wants to be town. That's a completely different pops from the one that dayvigs 2 IRL days in.

What do you think of joth? What do you think of people in general, you were talking a lot in general.

Meh, Vote: Galz for being anti-space... when am I ever successfully pro-funny? Ask Didds or LL whether they remember me being humorous in person...

You're funny sometimes. It might not be NAI to be unfunny, although I have no idea what Galzria meant by it, what post was he referencing?

Honestly I'd like a clarification from him.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2020, 08:26:48 am »

vote: Galzria
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2020, 08:29:17 am »

I'm gonna box that next person who talks about mechanics again, which could be anybody, because it's all any of you are doing.  It's a really good way to make an environment where scum can hide and town can't find anything.  Please stop

more than you are doing. just saying.

meh that comes off poorly. sorry. but if you don't like the topic being discussed you should invite another one, not just complain about what it is people are actually discussing.
I was intending to do that soonish.  I am playing battlegrounds while reading/rereading so it's very slow.  My last game on f.ds wasn't very active so I wasn't expecting drawing it out to make much difference

fds day 1s are, in a summary:
1 parts RVS
2 parts set up talk
a dash of bitters
900 dashes of MiX and faust leading random conversation
set oven to 450 and wait until 3 hours to DL and randomly lynch one of the wagons.

so if you got something to talk about. please, switch it up .

This is a sig-worthy post.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2020, 08:43:40 am »

I like this pops. Seems town, or wants to be town. That's a completely different pops from the one that dayvigs 2 IRL days in.

What do you think of joth? What do you think of people in general, you were talking a lot in general.

You're funny sometimes. It might not be NAI to be unfunny, although I have no idea what Galzria meant by it, what post was he referencing?

It wasn't faux panic, it came from the panic region of France which makes it authentic

This made me genuinely laugh out loud!

Vote: Chairs for being funny :-)
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2020, 08:44:22 am »

Aww, RVS :(

I thought you had something there.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 23, 2020, 08:45:32 am »

Good morning!!

Swowl, the D1 recipe is everything. I ❤️ you.

MiX, I’m laughing at your pops dayvig reference. Definitely a different pops here. I dig it. What are you thinking about chairs? (Other than the obvious mutual admiration?)  What about Galz?

Hi Joth! You and I are good. Thanks for asking.

Space is for sure funny! It’s  a dry observational humor mixed with genuine charm.

Scola, friend, how are you? I’m not finding you scummy! That’s good news!!

Pops, hi! I don’t know what a goldgrubber is, but it reminds me of gradegrubbers which is what I call students looking for extra points for anything well after the time for earning points has passed. And gradegrubbing is indeed, a trap. The setup talk is hard for me to grok, plus I love the idea of boxing anyone, so I’m totally here for the new and improved Ctown D1 recipe.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2020, 08:47:02 am »

chairs looks scummy, Galz looks scummy, but I haven't given it much thought.

Which probably means they're both town...

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2020, 09:01:08 am »

How many ways can you split 8 into a sum of integers is a fun problem, but in this game it's irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant. Shutting scola down seems MiX is trying to control the conversation a bit much.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2020, 09:04:14 am »

How many ways can you split 8 into a sum of integers is a fun problem, but in this game it's irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant. Shutting scola down seems MiX is trying to control the conversation a bit much.

I wanted to correct scolapasta on why it's not useful only to enumerate the points breakdowns when different roles at the same point values have differet chances of getting rolled.

Except "why" is a Space thing to do, I just assume people won't understand my explanation and shut it down.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2020, 09:31:03 am »

Why so glum, MiX?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2020, 10:01:14 am »

Good morning!!

Swowl, the D1 recipe is everything. I ❤️ you.

MiX, I’m laughing at your pops dayvig reference. Definitely a different pops here. I dig it. What are you thinking about chairs? (Other than the obvious mutual admiration?)  What about Galz?

Hi Joth! You and I are good. Thanks for asking.

Space is for sure funny! It’s  a dry observational humor mixed with genuine charm.

Scola, friend, how are you? I’m not finding you scummy! That’s good news!!

Pops, hi! I don’t know what a goldgrubber is, but it reminds me of gradegrubbers which is what I call students looking for extra points for anything well after the time for earning points has passed. And gradegrubbing is indeed, a trap. The setup talk is hard for me to grok, plus I love the idea of boxing anyone, so I’m totally here for the new and improved Ctown D1 recipe.
Goldgrubber is the "major" you pick up long after the time has passed for you to have decided on a major

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2020, 10:06:35 am »

Ha! Goldgrubbers, then, are the WORST and have all of my ire and contempt.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2020, 10:10:20 am »

How dare you Mix.  The zombie game didn't require that much effort, with the wincon being somewhat town adjacent and my play being somewhat obscure here.  But new game and you should not be townreading just because I don't have a dayvig, I doubt this setup even has dayvigs.  I have done like, nothing this game I couldn't emulate as scum.

Tell me exactly what you are (pretending to) townread.

iZombie allowed me to openwolf for specific reasons but I woudln't do that in singleball

And this seems like willful ignorance.

I guess Didds agrees with you
but like she always seems scummy
There were many zombie meeting sessions about how scummy Didds was but I think she flipped town that game.
otoh I think you're more authentic than this if you're town I feel paranoid you anticipated other positive reactions to my A-type mafia personality townplay and want to townread the thing you're gonna NK anyway, but I don't think I've done anything actually evidencing my alignment, only had healthful style

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2020, 10:10:59 am »

im drunk so im going to not play hearthstone so i don't buy the gold grubbers, but I am about play some m tg

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2020, 10:19:18 am »

Woah, pops is drunk angry. I can feel the disgust at lazy townreading him from here.

You dodged the question: what do you think of joth?

The rest of your post is a drunken mess, I'll answer it in a bit on non-mobile.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 20 queries.