Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 190528 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2020, 07:44:57 pm »

Neat. Probably not helpful until later if and when we have claims

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2020, 07:45:57 pm »

How many ways can you split 8 into a sum of integers is a fun problem, but in this game it's irrelevant.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2020, 09:02:35 pm »

Just so I am reading this correctly: It's possible, though extremely unlikely, we have 8 Ant-Mans?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2020, 09:07:05 pm »

Just so I am reading this correctly: It's possible, though extremely unlikely, we have 8 Ant-Mans?

Yep! But then why Framer.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2020, 09:11:35 pm »

Yep! But then why Framer.

Right, yeah. Just saying, theoretically. Scum choices definitely point to certain PRs, not 8 Ant-Mans (Ant-Men?)
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2020, 09:55:47 pm »

Vote: Space for being anti-funny
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2020, 09:57:55 pm »

MiX, why should I believe that you're not scum this game?

That would be way too cool for me.

Stop asking this! You have no idea how awful it is to answer this when I'm scum. Or town. Or third-party. Or anything in between. It feels like whatever I say it's scummy.

Has this been helping you?

It's been helping me laugh.

Why is this question so difficult for you? It's not as if you don't know it's coming. This is the... 8th? 9th? game in a row that I've asked it of you in my opening post.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2020, 10:00:14 pm »

I have hope.

And a short memory.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2020, 10:01:39 pm »

Well uh I think that's actually like x-1 what the hell

Unvote

Oh spare me the faux panicky unvoting when there's little real danger we'd exile MiX.

But also, this.

vote: Chairs

Robz - why did you make this post but not vote for Chairs?

Mafia Record:

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2020, 12:03:01 am »

Heyo.

We could reverse engineer what roles are likely in the game based on the choices that skum made for their powers?

Normally, that would be an insta pass I know... but since skum literally knew the roles in play prior to their selections... it is not really giving them any info they don't already have.

TBF I also do not know how helpful mapping it out would be for us... thoughts?
Best play is always to treat setups as vanilla except for factors you just can't ignore.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2020, 12:19:43 am »

MiX, why should I believe that you're not scum this game?

That would be way too cool for me.

Stop asking this! You have no idea how awful it is to answer this when I'm scum. Or town. Or third-party. Or anything in between. It feels like whatever I say it's scummy.

Has this been helping you?
It's frustrating to not behave in a more sortable manner, but you're probably town this game anyway.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2020, 12:23:38 am »

I'm gonna box that next person who talks about mechanics again, which could be anybody, because it's all any of you are doing.  It's a really good way to make an environment where scum can hide and town can't find anything.  Please stop

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2020, 12:25:19 am »

Heyo.

We could reverse engineer what roles are likely in the game based on the choices that skum made for their powers?

Normally, that would be an insta pass I know... but since skum literally knew the roles in play prior to their selections... it is not really giving them any info they don't already have.

Best play is always to treat setups as vanilla except for factors you just can't ignore.

I mean if you were not a Vt in a game that has deductible logic in it and you are town you def shouldn't play it "from a vt pov" that is just wasted knowledge. But I think I get your point. and if I do, I at least moderately agree with it.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2020, 12:25:50 am »

I'm gonna box that next person who talks about mechanics again, which could be anybody, because it's all any of you are doing.  It's a really good way to make an environment where scum can hide and town can't find anything.  Please stop

more than you are doing. just saying.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2020, 12:30:34 am »

meh that comes off poorly. sorry. but if you don't like the topic being discussed you should invite another one, not just complain about what it is people are actually discussing.
real good. That’s how

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2020, 12:34:16 am »

Heyo.

I mean if you were not a Vt in a game that has deductible logic in it and you are town you def shouldn't play it "from a vt pov" that is just wasted knowledge. But I think I get your point. and if I do, I at least moderately agree with it.
"Oh I rolled Doctor I should probably decide who the mafia want to kill tonight and message the mod their name or I'm throwing away lots of value" would be what I mean by "except for factors you can't ignore."  If you think a Doctor should participate in the dayplay in a fundamentally different way from a VT, like attempting to manipulate their chance of getting nightkilled or something, I fundamentally disagree as I think it's too hard to do; you'll play the daygame much worst or paradoxically spew your role to scum precisely because you set out to do something besides play all your games the same.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2020, 12:35:34 am »

meh that comes off poorly. sorry. but if you don't like the topic being discussed you should invite another one, not just complain about what it is people are actually discussing.
I was intending to do that soonish.  I am playing battlegrounds while reading/rereading so it's very slow.  My last game on f.ds wasn't very active so I wasn't expecting drawing it out to make much difference

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2020, 12:39:03 am »

Heyo.

"Oh I rolled Doctor I should probably decide who the mafia want to kill tonight and message the mod their name or I'm throwing away lots of value" would be what I mean by "except for factors you can't ignore."  If you think a Doctor should participate in the dayplay in a fundamentally different way from a VT, like attempting to manipulate their chance of getting nightkilled or something, I fundamentally disagree as I think it's too hard to do; you'll play the daygame much worst or paradoxically spew your role to scum precisely because you set out to do something besides play all your games the same.

I think our defn of "play" is different. I guess my word would be more appropriately "approach".
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2020, 12:41:06 am »

I was intending to do that soonish.  I am playing battlegrounds while reading/rereading so it's very slow.  My last game on f.ds wasn't very active so I wasn't expecting drawing it out to make much difference

fds day 1s are, in a summary:
1 parts RVS
2 parts set up talk
a dash of bitters
900 dashes of MiX and faust leading random conversation
set oven to 450 and wait until 3 hours to DL and randomly lynch one of the wagons.

so if you got something to talk about. please, switch it up .
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2020, 12:42:00 am »

also battlegrounds like HS battlegrounds? love that game
real good. That’s how

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2020, 12:48:28 am »

1 parts RVS
2 parts set up talk
a dash of bitters
set oven to 450 and wait until 3 hours to DL and randomly lynch one of the wagons.

so if you got somrething to talk about. please, switch it up .

Ha! This is great. And reflects my general feels on D1. I'm on board for a different approach. (sadly I don't have one myself)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2020, 12:49:19 am »

Agreed, Space!

Oh hi Space!

I almost had the same reaction, so you're town.

Heh.. I found it so ammusing I pointed it out to my French lockdown-lodger :-P Shame I haven't managed to get him back here to play any more Mafia.

I've been out of the loop for a couple of games. Anyone want to fill me in on anything relevant that's been happening, since I'm unlikely to have time to read it all?
This is scummy posting, not terribly so and for the more obvious reasons, that the proportional lack of interest in the game at hand isn't a great look.
Heyo.

I like this approach - I mean even if not helpful, I don't see how it can hurt.
It will give them information about who doesn't have certain roles. Which seems to matter them, since they chose the rolecop.
This is probably a townslip on the other hand, assuming without deciding it's true, I think scum would be likely to think of or characterize their decision in this way/with this wording.  Rolecops typically return to kill their targets the following night because they found out their target was "anything but VT".

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2020, 12:50:00 am »

1 parts RVS
2 parts set up talk
a dash of bitters

so if you got something to talk about. please, switch it up .
Oh I am becoming aware of how I have dramatically altered this formula in the past

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2020, 12:52:09 am »

And yeah I have a mostly dragons comp but i'm gonna try to squeeze a Goldgrubber in

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2020, 12:54:34 am »

Goldgrubber is always a trap children
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.