Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 190537 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)
« on: July 06, 2020, 03:02:23 pm »

Avengers Assemble!

Welcome to M129: Marvel Mafia 2

This game is for 13 players, and is classified as normal. It uses open setup called Haunted Village. See post #2

Comod: Position Open

Players:

1. Swowl Killed N5. Ant-Man
2. Dylan32 Exiled D3. Scarlet Witch.
3. EFHW Exiled D6. Bystander
4. MiX Exiled D4. Bystander
5. Scolapasta
6. Robz888 Exiled D2. Ultron.
7. SpaceAnemone Killed N2. Thanos.
8. chairs Killed N3. Iron Man.
9. LaLight faust
10. jotheonah Exiled D1. Bystander.
11. WestCoastDidds Killed N1. Groot.
12. Isis Killed N2. Dr. Strange
13. Galzria Killed N4. Bystander

Tags:

The Rules:

The Golden Rule:
This is a game. Everyone who signs up to play must be considerate of each other, never get personal, and focus on having fun. Once the game starts, having signed up is a commitment: inactivity is just as inconsiderate as rude comments.

The Standard Rules:
1. No communication between players outside of the game thread or shared QTs at any time. This includes passing references, jokes, or cases in other games or threads, whether in context or not.
2. If the game thread is locked, do not post. If you are unsure if something is locked, ask the mod by PM.
3. Direct or verbatim quoting of mod-provided information (including QT opening and closing times) is strictly forbidden. Paraphrasing is okay.
4. Actions with instructions that do not specify a game state will be resolved in the order they are received.
5. All night actions must be submitted within 36 hours of day ending.
6. Players must post once every 24 hours.
7. Do not edit or delete posts, ever. If you need to clarify or correct something, post again.
8. Invisible text, font size less than 10, and spoiler tags are not allowed.
9. Cryptography is not allowed.
10. The time between an exile being reached and a flip being provided is called twilight. All players may continue posting during this time, including the exiled player.
11. Dead players may not post in thread or QT, except their Role QT. An exiled player is not "dead" until a flip has been provided.
12. Personal multimedia, such as video or audio recordings, are not allowed in the game thread.

The Voting Rules:
1. Votes should be in this format: Vote: Playername. Unambigiuous nicknames are acceptable, or any string that uniquely identifies a user. Note that the point of voting is, in fact, unambiguity, and attempting to make it unclear to other players (or, of course, mods) which user you are voting for is very ill-advised.
2. Unvotes should be in this format:
unvote or Unvote: Playername.
3. Unvotes are not required if changing your vote from one player to another.
4. You may
vote: no exile.
5. Exiles occur when a simple majority (rounded up) of living players is reached. Once reached, an exile cannot be undone.
6. If a majority lynch is not reached by the Day's deadline, no lynch occurs.

The Rest:
1. Bold, limegreen text is reserved for the mod. Players may not use it.
2. If you have an issue or problem with the game, please PM the Mod. Do not post complaints in the game thread.
3. Mods make mistakes - please point them out gently. If they can be corrected, they will. If irreversible, they will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. If a mod error disadvantages one faction greatly, the game may be called off.
5. Ask all questions and make all requests directly to the Mod via PM. Questions deemed as "universal" (defined as questions for which the answers should be available to all players) will be requested to be re-posted in the Game Thread and answered there.
6. Players may request prods on other players if they have not posted in 24 hours. Players are subject to replacement or modkill after one prod.
7. All rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, as determined by the mod.
8. Each player will receive their own QT, regardless of role. Don't quote from it.
9. If the game goes on for 3 days and 3 nights without a lynch or nightkill, town wins.

Deadlines:
1. Days will last seven IRL days.
2. Nights will last between 36 and 48 hours.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 11:03:18 am by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 03:02:30 pm »

This game will use the setup Haunted Village, with changes adjusted for Marvel flavor. Here is how it works:

Heroes (10 total) chosen from:
- Bystanders
- Dr. Strange (3 points) (cop)
- Iron Man (2 points) (JOAT: cop, vig, track)
- Hulk (3 points) (vig)
- Scarlet Witch (1 point) (rolestopper)
- Groot (2 points) (doctor)
- Captain America (2 points) (improved day/night vengeful)
- Ant-Man (1 point) (non-consecutive commuter)

and Villians (3 total) chosen from:
- Minions
- Hela (2 points) (roleblocker)
- Zemo (2 points) (enrager)
- Mysterio (2 points) (framer)
- Red Skull (2 points) (delayed prince)
- Thanos  (2 points) (non-consecutive strongman)
- Loki (3 points) (godfather)
- Ultron (1 point) (rolecop)

1. Town in this game are known as Heroes. Mafia are known as Villians. Vanilla Townies are known as Bystanders. Mafia goons are known as Minions.
2. The Heroes start with between 5-9 ascension points. The Villians start with the same number minus 3.
3. The Heroes are then randomly assigned roles whose combined worth equals their ascension points. The chance for each role to appear is the following:
  a. Dr. Strange: 25%
  b. Iron Man: 20%
  c. Hulk: 15%
  d. Scarlet Witch: 10%
  e. Groot: 10%
  f. Captain America: 10%
  g. Ant-Man: 10%
4. The Villians are told which hero roles are in the game and have 24 hours to pick their own powers from their pool (no duplicates allowed). If they fail, the moderator will randomly assign them powers based on what village roles exist (i.e. no Thanos if its strong kill can't be utilised).
5. The game begins when all roles are distributed and confirmed.
6. The villian roles in the game are then publicly announced on Day 1 by the moderator.

Sample setup
1. Hero points = rand(5-9) = 8. Villian points = 8-3 = 5.
2. Hero roles: {3} -> Dr. Strange (3/8); {18} -> Dr. Strange (6/8); {99} -> Ant-Man (7/8); {68*} -> Scarlet Witch (8/8)
*repeat random until a 1-point role is drawn
3. The Villians are told there are Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, and Scarlet Witch. They pick Hela, Mysterio, and Ultron.
4. Final setup: Dr. Strange x2, Scarlet Witch, Antman, 6 Bystanders, Hela, Mysterio, Ultron

Unique role abilities and interactions

Dr. Strange
See the Future: Target a player and learn their alignment. Loki returns favorable (innocent) result; Mysterio's target returns unfavourable (guilty) result

Iron Man
Iron Man is a Jack of all trades with the following abilities. He may use each one once per game, and he can only use one per night.
Ask Jarvis: Target a player and learn their alignment. Loki returns a favorable (innocent) result, Mysterio's target returns an unfavorable (guilty) result.
I am Iron Man: Target a player. That player will be killed.
Activate Tracking Satalite: Target a player. You will learn what players that player targeted that night.
Note: If Iron Man's actions are blocked in any way, they will not be used up.

Hulk
SMASH!: Target a player. That player will be killed. This kill is blocked by Scarlet Witch's Mind Warp.

Scarlet Witch
Mind Warp: Protects the targets from all non-factional-kill abilities. In addition, if she targets Red Skull, and he had been exiled, he will not return the next day.

Groot
We are Groot: Target a player, that player will be protected from any non-strongman kills.

Captain America
I can do this all day: When Captain America dies or is exiled, he may target someone for a kill. If they are a Villian or framed by Mysterio, they will die (Loki will not die).

Ant-Man
Shrink: Ant-Man can shrink and become immune to all direct night actions except strong kills. After shrinking, Ant-man must wait one full night before he can become small again

Hela
Break the Hammer: Target a player. Any non-strong actions they take that night will be blocked.

Zemo
Enrage: Target a player to kill their killers if they die. Both the enraging and the reactive kill can be blocked by Scarlet Witch's Mind Warp

Mysterio
Illusion: Target another player, they will investigate as "guilty" to Dr. Strange and Iron Man that night. Additionally, they will be vulnerable to Captain America's vengekill that night and the next day.

Red Skull
Guard the Soul Stone (reactive): If exiled, Red Skull will return on the next dawn, but only if another Villian is alive. He will be slain for good if killed in any way other than exile. If dead and awaiting return, Red Skull cannot be put to rest by normal means. Will not return if doing so will endgame the remaining players.

Thanos
Snap: If Thanos performs the Villian kill, he can instead choose to use the Infinity Gauntlet. The Snap kills through shrinking and healing, but it is blocked by Scarlet Witch's Mind Warp. If Thanos Snaps, he must wait one full night before he can Snap again.

Loki
Whose side are you on, anyway?: Loki investigates favorably (innocent) to Cops and cannot be killed by Captain America's vengekill.

Ultron
Invade the Internet: Target a player. Ultron will be told their role.

Other mechanics
1. The Villians have daytalk; if Red Skull isn't permanently slain, can still communicate privately even if "dead"
2. The Villian who performs the kill can also use their other powers on the same night
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 03:00:29 pm by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 03:56:58 pm »

yall need to stop stringing together all my favorite shit in back to back games!

/first
/in!
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That痴 how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 06:01:34 pm »

/in

Also, instead of just rolling repeatedly for the last 1 point role, just flip a coin between them and save yourself a few seconds lol
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 06:05:39 pm »

/in

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 06:07:32 pm »

/in

Also, instead of just rolling repeatedly for the last 1 point role, just flip a coin between them and save yourself a few seconds lol

That can get complicated for other rolls. Besides, the excitement of seeing which 10%'s rolled first is too much.

/in, probably. What's an "undead"?

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 06:10:31 pm »

/in

That can get complicated for other rolls. Besides, the excitement of seeing which 10%'s rolled first is too much.

/in, probably. What's an "undead"?

That's why it's just for deciding between the two 1 point powers if needed as noted at the end of step two of the setup process. Of course you roll for the others haha.  That's also probably a relic from the original flavor.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 11:50:51 pm »

/assembing
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 01:24:17 am »

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That痴 how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 09:21:35 am »

Yams, when do you see this starting?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2020, 11:46:50 am »

/in
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2020, 11:48:07 am »

I'm /in :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2020, 11:59:29 am »

Yams, when do you see this starting?

We'll see when it fiils up then we can decide.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2020, 02:49:09 pm »

/innocent

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2020, 04:07:53 pm »

Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2020, 09:20:44 am »

/in

So if villians are told who the heroes are, and then the whole town is told who the villians are, then the villians know the whole setup, VTs know only the villians (and can deduce point totals) and powered heroes know only their own power and the villiancs?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2020, 10:18:00 am »

/in

So if villians are told who the heroes are, and then the whole town is told who the villians are, then the villians know the whole setup, VTs know only the villians (and can deduce point totals) and powered heroes know only their own power and the villiancs?

Villains are told what heroes are in the setup, but not how many of each. Other than that yes you're right.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2020, 12:08:05 pm »

/in

Villains are told what heroes are in the setup, but not how many of each. Other than that yes you're right.
Seems like only fairly fringe situations where scum couldn't deduce how many of each there are given the information available to them (i.e. which powers there are and the ascension points).
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (3 spots left!)
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2020, 09:07:34 am »

/in

Thanks, yams!!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2020, 08:07:07 am »

i join

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2020, 09:54:30 am »

i join

Welcome back!

Just need 1 more, now!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (1 spot left!)
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2020, 01:12:16 pm »

I値l Hammer, but I知 going to be V/LA until Monday.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2020, 01:18:42 pm »

We can start on Monday, then, if you'd prefer

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2020, 01:22:29 pm »

We can start on Monday, then, if you'd prefer

I知 good with that
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (Full! Starting Monday!)
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2020, 12:06:03 pm »

The setup is currently being rolled and PMs will go out shortly.

In the meantime, Thread locked except for tags!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 20 queries.