Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70  All

Author Topic: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (GAME OVER)  (Read 189694 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (D6)
« Reply #1675 on: August 25, 2020, 09:17:48 pm »

I iso'd faust, found several places that were the basis of my earlier town read. Am too OMGUSy to do any kind of scum analysis. Really, he hasn't been scummy until today. I almost wonder if he is trying to provoke me.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: August 25, 2020, 09:41:39 pm »

Mets lose the first game of the double header. :(

Started my reread. Didn't find much that hasn't already been said.

D1 one was long (I knew Isis's fluff posts would be aggravating) and honestly, neither of you posted much at all. Of course, for faust it was because he was LaLight, while EFHW stated she was busy. In fact, this could be an alternative explanation for her lack of moving from Isis D1 (one of the scummy things I found in the VCA).

Here's a post I found interesting:

joth's summary of MiX's stances toward chairs shows the exact mix (haha) of attitudes he is showing now. I was reading MiX as very towny. Until he voted chairs to please joth, his biggest scum read. This chairs wagon feels very scummy to me and I won't be joining it.  I'm thinking the chairs voters are my X-pool.

The chairs voters at this point were: scolapasta, Isis, jotheonah, MiX

Three posts later space joins the wagon.

Could this have been a coordinated (daychat!) way to create suspicion on the town members of the wagon while having the scum member join right after?

D2:
I think I mentioned this in a previous post but faust throws the 3rd vote on the Robz wagon (#908) and EFHW unvotes just 13 posts later:

unvote. Robz is seeming more town-oriented recently. I'm open to voting Galz or chairs. I would like them to answer my question from awhile back. I'll find it and post it next.

I'll continue my reread, though I don't know if I'll get it done tonight.

ppe 1
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: August 25, 2020, 09:51:53 pm »

I iso'd faust, found several places that were the basis of my earlier town read. Am too OMGUSy to do any kind of scum analysis. Really, he hasn't been scummy until today. I almost wonder if he is trying to provoke me.

Provoke you how?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: August 25, 2020, 11:06:31 pm »

Provoke you how?

This is my wishful thinking that really he is town and he is checking to see if I am town by seeing how I react to unreasonable pressure. More likely, it doesn't matter how I react because he knows I'm town.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: August 25, 2020, 11:10:30 pm »

Could this have been a coordinated (daychat!) way to create suspicion on the town members of the wagon while having the scum member join right after?

Bit of a stretch, don't you think? Simplest explanation is I meant what I said.

D2:
I think I mentioned this in a previous post but faust throws the 3rd vote on the Robz wagon (#908) and EFHW unvotes just 13 posts later:

I did address this earlier as an apparent mistake on my part. It would be pretty bad scum play to get off so soon, anyway.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: August 25, 2020, 11:19:56 pm »

]quote]EFHW stated she was busy
[/quote]

In fact, I was having a stressful couple of weeks Days 1 and 2. Once I was on vacation, I participated at more like my normal level. Unfortunately, it meant I didn't notice faust's Robz vote and I wasn't there for the Galz hammer of Dylan, which faust found scummy. I literally signed on, tried to catch up, spent several minutes confirming that it was the hammer and posted because there seemed to be some unawareness of that.

I was on Isis all that time Day 1 because I was completely uninspired by the existing wagons and didn't have time to create a case of my own on someone else.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: August 25, 2020, 11:26:00 pm »

]quote]EFHW stated she was busy

In fact, I was having a stressful couple of weeks Days 1 and 2. Once I was on vacation, I participated at more like my normal level. Unfortunately, it meant I didn't notice faust's Robz vote and I wasn't there for the Galz hammer of Dylan, which faust found scummy. I literally signed on, tried to catch up, spent several minutes confirming that it was the hammer and posted because there seemed to be some unawareness of that.

I was on Isis all that time Day 1 because I was completely uninspired by the existing wagons and didn't have time to create a case of my own on someone else.
[/quote]

I believe you were busy. I'm not convinced you're not using that as an excuse to try to explain away actual scummy behavior.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: August 25, 2020, 11:27:22 pm »

Quote fail - though I think you may have started it!

EFHW stated she was busy

I believe you were busy. I'm not convinced you're not using that as an excuse to try to explain away actual scummy behavior.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: August 25, 2020, 11:56:00 pm »

Ok. I'm explaining my behavior.  I don't think I was particularly scummy, except for the low participation, but I have the benefit of knowing my own mind, while you have to guess.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: August 26, 2020, 02:53:36 am »

On to Day 4. I guess this is where Swowl's suspicion on scola really gets going.

Vote: MiX

I don't expect to go elsewhere today.
Same. vote: MiX.
EFHW never voted for MiX on D3, but now suddenly she's all in. Why? Might it be because she rather wanted to PR confusion to happen?

Funny thing about the PR stuff - scum was really lucky there. If we hadn't rolled two value 1 PRs, then it would have been much more obvious what was going on.

Unvote. I'm having second thoughts about whether scum would all vote each other in first page of Day 2.
Mff. Again with the overconfidence that immediately falters.

faust, can you share with us why we should believe you are Town?
Oh look, EFHW is apparently still not townreading me. So when exactly did that start?

And swowl and galz? I don't really get your case against me? Unless it's the "we won't exile MiX, so have to find someone else type" thing? I don't know, feels like faust might be a better target in that scenario.

Am willing to defend myself against any case, fi I must. Though I think past arguments that I am scum don't hold up under further scrutiny. Honestly, I'd put my some suspicion on those making those cases, if I didn't think they were just misguided and not scum.

ppe 1
Gotta admit that I got Galz' death timing wrong in the D3 reread. So by now he has pivoted to scola, and then he dies. Okay, that kind of makes scola look worse.

It's not filler. It's much harder to hammer as scum.
Except that reasoning somehow doesn't apply to scola, who hammered twice.

EFHW has a bunch of random info drops in this game. I don't remember that from other games, and I'm not exactly sure what purpose they serve.

EFHW is just posting fluff with no like... conclusions. It is just a lot of stuff that looks like towny work but there is no towny aspect of it. Also... it is not something that they normally do.
Lol thanks Swowl for making my point for me.

EFHW->Galzria->scola
of course we shouldn't ignore MiX's dying request  :)
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: August 26, 2020, 03:16:54 am »

And, finally, D5.

Vote: Faust
Oh wow. Guess you don't then.

My re reads were done. They obv kill Galz. As hard as he tried to appear skummy.

Nothing against you. But it’s you  or efhw. Y’all can collectively no lynch without me and go from there. My read is just you over efoo.
well, this doesn't yet sound like we should exile scola.

It is Pasta.
okay, now we're getting into the meat of it i guess.

I'm just gonna look at the bits that suggest scola over EFHW. There are some points that argue it's not me, but they're not relevant.

- So, at this point here is the thing. EFHW has just been sitting there all day. We just had like 8+ town moves town from town votes in a ROW. Skum has Day chat. I don't think EFHW as skum is just sitting back. I also do not think that skum!faust and skum!Robz move together as they have crucially at this time in the day with ALL TOWN WAGONS available. So as of right now. It is SkumPasta
This is pretty lame reasoning. EFHW was busy during D1, it's easily possible she didn't have a chance to move, this is nothing really.

- Space votes Joth (Chairs) - Skum votes Town from Town - Skum!Space distancing from Robz joining the wagon that has all town on it. Town points for EFHW. Skum points for faust and pasta by association.
- WCD moves back to Joth (Chairs) - Town votes Town from Town.
- Scola hammers Joth (MiX) *like 7 seconds left* - UNK hammers Town from Town. This was the number 1 town point thing when it happened. It is no longer that way, from my pov at least. Town wants the lynch to go off, sure. But also, how is this for a narrative? - Skum has day chat and is coordinating. 18 out of the last 25 votes was Town moving from one Town Wagon to another Town Wagon. I think they went from being extremely confident, obviously attempting to get MiX lynched as a preference (makes sense, strong player) and then at the end of the day with moments left... the mix wagon disapates... now less time... the all town wagon on Joth is Swowl/Galz (not willing to lynch mix or chairs), MiX (offline and it was stated), and Chairs (obv not lynching Chairs).... they went from having every option available to them to being caught off guard and realizing the only option they had left was Joth (or to no lynch). There was already Robz and Space on Chairs (they are not gonna risk putting the third on there, especially cuz it wouldn't matter, not enough votes)... and the choice between Joth and MiX is easy because we know 100% certain that they had the votes to move to Joth, but not to MiX.... So Space moves to Joth (makes it 5)... WCD follows (makes it L-1).... and then what... skum is all sitting there with fucking day chat and are just like "sheah man whatever lets let it go no lynch?????" no freekin way. They waited it out as long as they possibly could and then hammered what they could get. Space got on there... Robz couldn't go because of their reads stated on Joth... Scola was the best option.
First point I don't even understand why that would give town points to EFHW. And the long-winded narrative... is just a reason why scola's hammer was not necessarily towny, but does nothing to show why it would be scummy. And scum doesn't mind a no exile like, at all, so the whole premise of this is kind of rotten.

- EFHW unvotes (Robz) - UNK unvotes Skum - meh. that would be skumish points for EFHW except it is so fucking open and clear. I don't actually feel like they would "unvote" after a bus in that spot.
- Pasta votes Dylan (Robz) - UNK votes Town from Skum****** The post they do this in they leave it super open on being able to come back to chairs. Makes sense if skum. Space is on chairs, Robz is on Galz... They want to go for another wagon and Pasta wants to get off of Robz.
I know I'm biased at this point, but it's hard to look at these two reads and argue that Swowl isn't.

Kay – this is where Chairs claims. They wanted that fucking claim. Like for sure. Even if it gets confirmed as a VT, they wanted that claim. They got didds N1, we are to believe that they copped Isis night 1, the X-1 vote here is just them narrowing the field down more. That being said... same ish goes for faust... except faust is town. And EFHW could of just been not wanting to get involved I guess... But with day chat... I think the plan was to push for the claim and then dismantle to someone else. Let's watch...
I mean sure, scum likes claims. But why chairs specifically? Like, they could have pushed galzria to claim here just as well. And chairs had already refused to claim at L-1 before.

- Space votes MiX (Chairs)- Skum voting Town from Town *** This is perfect. MiX at this point was more likely to be lynched than anyone else. Followed a little bit by Galz. They don't wanna go to Galz because Robz is on Galz. They don't wanna go to MiX because Pasta is on MiX... but the #3 place on MiX is wayyyyy townier than the #4 placement on Galz... So MiX it is.
This is just make-believe at this point. Like, there is no reason in the world why this vote would implicate scola but not EFHW, who was also on a wagon the Space didn't join.

Yeah, color me unconvinced.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: August 26, 2020, 03:17:08 am »

Vote: EFHW

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: August 26, 2020, 03:18:11 am »

Forgot to do D6: scum always votes first in 3-player LyLo.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: August 26, 2020, 06:47:37 am »

Vote: EFHW

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: August 26, 2020, 06:50:32 am »

So, like, are you scum?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: August 26, 2020, 06:50:54 am »

gg. No.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: August 26, 2020, 06:51:09 am »

Phew.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: M129: Marvel Mafia 2 (D4)
« Reply #1692 on: August 26, 2020, 10:24:45 am »

Vote Count 6.FINAL

EFHW (2): faust, scolapasta

Not Voting (3): EFHW

With 3 alive it took 2 to exile.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: August 26, 2020, 10:30:51 am »

"scolapasta is obviously Mysterio," EFHW said, "Right, faust?"

"No, don't listen to her!" scolapasta said. "It could be her or you, but not I!"

faust didn't need to take much time to decide. "Mysterio is... EFHW!"

Together, scolapasta and faust tied up EFHW and threw her into jail with Ultron, Scarlet Witch, and other bystanders. Faust clapped his hands together,  confident that the illusion would fall and Mysterio would be revealed. He was.

The remaining Bystander didn't have a chance.

EFHW has been exiled! She was a Bystander!
faust has been endgamed! He was a Bystander!

The scum team of Robz888, SpaceAnemone, and scolapasta win!!!

Thread unlocked forever.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: August 26, 2020, 10:33:38 am »

Sigh.

Very well played Scola - manatee to keep NK’ing every player that knew you were scum & kept the one alive that would vote for Efoo instead.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: August 26, 2020, 10:34:41 am »

Speccy: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/EjECSvaW6a2vC

What a disaster. Well played scum.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: August 26, 2020, 10:35:40 am »

I'd take suggestions for MVP, but from reading the speccy I already know what everyone will say.

scolapasta is MVP!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: August 26, 2020, 10:38:54 am »

Mod QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/8uM6xmuEdbGd

About the Setup: There were a few complaints about scum being able to use less than their given number of points. The OP was not clear on this matter, but neither was the page in the MafiaScum Wiki where I copied the majority of the OP from. I didn't even think about scum using less than the given number of ascension points until Space brought it up in the scum QT. I will say, any time I run this game in the future, it will be made clear that scum can use fewer than their given number of ascension points (though from the experience this game, I don't think players will likely forget anytime soon). I think that scum played and planned well and used the setup to their advantage.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: August 26, 2020, 10:49:33 am »

I'm still mad about that ridiculous quixile. Why oh why would you do that when there were two claimed bystanders? I mean, I was a bystander too but I could easily have been a PR.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: August 26, 2020, 10:51:54 am »

I'm still mad about that ridiculous quixile. Why oh why would you do that when there were two claimed bystanders? I mean, I was a bystander too but I could easily have been a PR.

It was better than the other exiles. Chairs was a PR, and if it weren't for D2 he would've lived long as one.

Also your reads were empirically bad, but so were mine, so I probably should've died there instead of you.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 19 queries.