Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Peddler, are the durations card played last turn  (Read 1056 times)

krypis123

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Peddler, are the durations card played last turn
« on: July 01, 2020, 05:19:44 am »

Hi,

Me and my friend have a king's court and hirling in play.
Does they count as action in play if they was played before. Because it's 4 action than or just 3 or it's not counted as action in play that round?

[TP] Inferno

• Golem
  • I have no +Buys :(
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
Re: Peddler, are the durations card played last turn
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 06:30:22 am »

Yes, they count towards Peddler as they are in play, even though they weren't played that turn.
Counting House is the best card in the game. Change my mind.

dane-m

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: dane-m
  • Respect: +198
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 06:50:07 am »
+3

From the phrasing of the question I'm assuming that you used the King's Court to play the Hireling three times in a previous round.

The King's Court and Hireling do indeed count towards the number of Action cards in play in the current round, but that's just two Action cards in play, not three or four.  There's an important difference between Action cards in play and the number of Actions played.

The KC and Hireling count as two Action cards in play in both the round in which they were played and all subsequent rounds.  Well, just so long as you don't use Bonfire on them!

The KC and Hireling made a total of four Actions played in the round in which they were played, but zero in all subsequent rounds.

Quite a few cards care about the number of cards in play, but I think Conspirator is the only card for which the number of Actions played in the round is significant.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 12:17:34 pm »
+1

Quite a few cards care about the number of cards in play, but I think Conspirator is the only card for which the number of Actions played in the round is significant.

Right; though Crossroads and Fool's Gold care about whether another Crossroads or Fool's Gold has already been played; which is distinct from checking whether another Crossroads or Fool's Gold is already in play.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.