Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84]  All

Author Topic: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (GAME OVER)  (Read 179326 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (GAME OVER)
« Reply #2075 on: August 25, 2020, 02:53:06 am »

Arch, can you post all thr abilities I was looking for?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: August 25, 2020, 03:34:05 am »

Well, I guess it didn't help that we exiled the one role that could determine Host alignments on D1.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: August 25, 2020, 08:42:37 am »

Wow. I was trying so hard to be towny, I actually actively hurt my scumteam. In my defense, I didn't know who you guys were.

ADK, I didn't actually think you were scum. I actually got the answer "yes" to you being a tracker, so I used my perma-dead on you to try to rid town of an investigative role!

Joth, as soon as you self-hammered, I should have messaged you and told you I was the traitor. I forgot that I could message dead people. In fact, when you failed to resurrect D2, I should have started coordinating with you. Oh well, the things one wishes he could do better.

There is definitely blame to share! I ruled out you being the traitor because I couldn't reconcile you perma-killing ADK. But also, I completely missed the QT link you sent me after I died. Just did not see it. If I had I would have talked to you at least a little and things might have gone very differently.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: August 25, 2020, 08:45:02 am »

Joth you son a gun! :P

you had me 100% fooled.

Could it be MM? - sure
Could it be Joth? - ok yeah, but MM first
Could they both be town - Somehow yes

Never fucking got to "both skum" lol.

I know it was like moderately accidental, but still ya both hoodwinked the crap out of me on that one. gj.

Ha! Well jokes on me, I thought you were my partner, which is why I gave you that vig shot. So we fooled each other.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: August 25, 2020, 08:49:48 am »

Here's what's really quite hilarious: the only kill I actually successfully pulled off this game was MiX, and I wasn't trying to kill him. I thought he was a human and I was trying to give him another vig shot.

@Arch, it's hard to judge because scum had such a rough start, but I think you're underestimating the disutility of scum that can't use its nightkill. I was really surprised that when both host scum were dead the traitor did not inherit the nightkill. Honestly, that's such a standard part of the traitor role that it almost seems bastard to include a traitor and tell us about them but not mention that detail.

All told though, that was a fun game and well played. Good job to town. ADK and mail-mi, you both played very well and I feel like I (and a little bit Glooble) let you down. If just one of my guesses/gambles had gone right (thinking Swowl was traitor, thinking LaLight was traitor, thinking MiX was human), it's a very different game. But instead I just kept being wrong.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: August 25, 2020, 08:51:41 am »

Archetype, why DIDN'T you make LaLight a third party?

He/him

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: August 25, 2020, 08:55:42 am »

I have the exact same questions. Although than scum would be a bit more overpowered than they already were.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: August 25, 2020, 09:16:17 am »

Maybe it's the mark of a good game, but I did not feel anything close to overpowered that game.

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: August 25, 2020, 09:19:58 am »

Maybe it's the mark of a good game, but I did not feel anything close to overpowered that game.

❤️

Hammering yourself definitely increased my paranoia by 1000x
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: August 25, 2020, 10:30:29 am »

I wish I could say the self-hammer was strategic, but it honestly wasn't. It was like 15% strategic 85% frustration and impatience. Proper play would have been to keep maintaining my towniness, and I would never self-hammer there as town.

He/him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: August 25, 2020, 10:31:29 am »

To me it feels like we had abilities that were potentially very powerful if used optimally, but the information gap made it difficult for us to do so
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: August 25, 2020, 02:18:14 pm »

Arch - did you pull this game from a set up or was this all you? It was seriously fun. I mean... I hated every second of it lol but it was a blast.
Unless someone used a similar mechanic in the time periods I've been away from the forums, I think this is a newer idea. I think it could be implemented differently in other games. I remember ADK mentioned a similiarish idea in the games hub a bit ago. I'm glad you had fun!

Arch, can you post all thr abilities I was looking for?

Yes!

Order of Abilities for Search for the Maze:
1. Good Samaritan Reflex (Teddy)
2. Convincing Enough (Bernard) (confirms Bernard as good)
3. Final Narrative (Robert)
4. Gunslinger (Hector)
5. Shooting Practice (Teddy) (confirms Teddy as bad)
6. Reveries (Maeve)
7. A Demonstration (Clementine) (confirms Clementine as bad)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: August 25, 2020, 02:30:37 pm »

@Arch, it's hard to judge because scum had such a rough start, but I think you're underestimating the disutility of scum that can't use its nightkill. I was really surprised that when both host scum were dead the traitor did not inherit the nightkill. Honestly, that's such a standard part of the traitor role that it almost seems bastard to include a traitor and tell us about them but not mention that detail.
I wouldn't consider it bastard in the slightest. The traitor receiving the nk upon team elimination is only one of the many potential variations for a the role. In this game in particular, it wouldn't make sense at all since you and ADK could never truly die and it would throw off the balance of mail-mi needing to die before humans could easily be killed. Plus, it would make it very easy for the traitor to deduce who their scumpartners were.

Mafia couldn't easily kill humans, but that was tempered by town not getting too much information off of the players Mafia could kill. I think mail-mi just sending a message earlier reaching out to confirm his traitor-ness was what really hurt along with you and ADK missing a few opportunities to chat with living players and collect information.

I have the exact same questions. Although than scum would be a bit more overpowered than they already were.
^this. I almost made LaLight townaligned with an additional thing he had to do regarding the maze, but felt nearly half of the players being 'not town' would be too unbalanced from a numbers perspective.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: August 25, 2020, 03:55:07 pm »

I love the idea of and the implementation of the maze. The game in general was a huge flavor win, even if it didn't quite go the way the show did. I'm sorry I never got to trigger the massacre!

Arch, really good job.

He/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: August 25, 2020, 04:05:29 pm »

Now I just have to watch season two for when Westworld Mafia II comes out. :)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: August 27, 2020, 08:37:21 am »

Yay, great work town!  :)
I have sigs off.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84]  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.