Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (GAME OVER)  (Read 180455 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (Day 7)
« Reply #1950 on: August 20, 2020, 01:00:27 pm »

So, when we were in the process of exiling faust, MiX was clear that it would be faust then LL.

If LL is scum, he had to have a plan to shift that focus. The Joth revelation does that.

This works, I think.

MiX, yams, where are the holes?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: August 20, 2020, 01:20:30 pm »

there is a point where getting towncred isn't necessary any more. scum does what scum does. I would rez joth, he would massacre and I would hope to lynch mail-mi or something.

No, I think WCD is onto something. If you get the towncred from not rezzing joth, then lynch me or scola, then rez joth tomorrow and get him to massacre everyone before he and you can be lynched, then scum has 50% and (probably) wins.

We also can't forget that you're the most likely of all of us to be 3rd party.

can you please answer, what is the point of me being 3rd party without killing actions?

3rd party as "needing to find all your powers" and not needing a kill to do that--in fact, having a kill would be an antithesis to that because it would speed up the game.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: August 20, 2020, 01:22:44 pm »

So, when we were in the process of exiling faust, MiX was clear that it would be faust then LL.

If LL is scum, he had to have a plan to shift that focus. The Joth revelation does that.

This works, I think.

MiX, yams, where are the holes?

There is one hole. town could quickhammer joth tomorrow if they get on before he does.

But that's reliant on the 3 town players logging in before joth does, and on them deciding to quicklynch joth. So the plan is still pretty solid.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: August 20, 2020, 01:32:07 pm »

Still thinking through LL

If his play was towncred... if yams gets exiled, assume no NK...The tomorrow it’s Joth, MiX, WCD, Scola, and LL.
Joth massacres himself, MiX, and me. That leaves Scola and LL. Scum wins.

If we all live, I can shoot LL and win.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: August 20, 2020, 03:13:28 pm »

That’s if we exile yams?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: August 20, 2020, 03:14:18 pm »

If his play was towncred... if yams gets exiled, assume no NK...The tomorrow it’s Joth, MiX, WCD, Scola, and LL.

But it would be a race, right? Shoot LL before Joth massacres

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: August 20, 2020, 03:16:11 pm »

I think I have convinced myself that exiling LL is better than yams.

I’m willing to be convinced otherwise, though.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: August 20, 2020, 03:17:22 pm »

I still want to keep rereading, but I'm more likely to vote ll than yams.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: August 20, 2020, 05:20:58 pm »

Vote: mail-mi then.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: August 20, 2020, 05:21:28 pm »

But it would be a race, right? Shoot LL before Joth massacres

Yeah, but most likely both go through.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: August 20, 2020, 05:22:15 pm »

there is a point where getting towncred isn't necessary any more. scum does what scum does. I would rez joth, he would massacre and I would hope to lynch mail-mi or something.

No, I think WCD is onto something. If you get the towncred from not rezzing joth, then lynch me or scola, then rez joth tomorrow and get him to massacre everyone before he and you can be lynched, then scum has 50% and (probably) wins.

can you please answer, what is the point of me being 3rd party without killing actions?

3rd party as "needing to find all your powers" and not needing a kill to do that--in fact, having a kill would be an antithesis to that because it would speed up the game.

If LL's a third-party, why did joth hammer himself?

Vote: mail-mi

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: August 20, 2020, 05:27:54 pm »

I have no idea what else to tell you, I am sorry.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: August 20, 2020, 05:28:28 pm »

it might be that scola and mm are both scum and WCD naturally doesn't trust me in endgame and I can understand that.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: August 20, 2020, 05:35:56 pm »

I'm not making the argument that LaLight is thirdparty, I'm just saying it's a possibility.

It looks like it's going to be me or Vote: LaLight today. Scum is him or scola. Obv. I prefer scola, but it looks like we're exiling a human today.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: August 20, 2020, 05:46:10 pm »

Scola asked for the weekend to read. Unless that is actually scummy I’m inclined to give him the time.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: August 20, 2020, 05:46:59 pm »

I don’t follow. Can you explain for the kids in back?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: August 20, 2020, 05:51:58 pm »

Scola asked for the weekend to read. Unless that is actually scummy I’m inclined to give him the time.

Weekend? That's like, boring.

Unvote

I don’t follow. Can you explain for the kids in back?

Follow what?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: August 20, 2020, 06:12:44 pm »

It is boring, I agree. But I trying to be accommodating instead of just being a Jabroni.

Why did Joth hammer himself? What does it have to do with LL?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: August 20, 2020, 06:17:18 pm »

It is boring, I agree. But I trying to be accommodating instead of just being a Jabroni.

Why did Joth hammer himself? What does it have to do with LL?

Well, joth hammered himself because that helped the living scum. Therefore, there's living scum.

Also, hold on.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: August 20, 2020, 06:18:49 pm »

Oh, but it could be LL

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: August 20, 2020, 06:20:30 pm »

I get it now. It’s a reason that LL isn’t third party, but he (or anyone) could be scum

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: August 20, 2020, 06:27:01 pm »

Also, let's not forget that LaLight has a perfect a) third party role (perhaps all scum are hosts and he's a third party that is considered a "thread to town"), or b) if he's scum, he has a rolecop right there.

"But mail-mi," LaLight says, "why was the first power I had to find of my partner?" Because it's a gambit. You already knew your partner's power, so you claimed that it's the first one you needed to find for distancing and cover purposes. Or maybe it was a gimme. I don't know the game design.

Point is, arguing mechanics is not convincing--especially since LaLight seems to be ignoring the parts of my role that are definitely town-aligned (read: resurrecting only townies).

This is the scumslip. Read the win condition again:

Alignment: Town
Win Condition: You win when all Mafia-aligned players are Dead and there is at least one Living Town Host.

Important bit bolded for your convenience.

Mail-mi is not town.

I'll hammer once scola votes mail-mi, but he might be coming up with something good.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: August 20, 2020, 07:12:21 pm »

Also, let's not forget that LaLight has a perfect a) third party role (perhaps all scum are hosts and he's a third party that is considered a "thread to town"), or b) if he's scum, he has a rolecop right there.

"But mail-mi," LaLight says, "why was the first power I had to find of my partner?" Because it's a gambit. You already knew your partner's power, so you claimed that it's the first one you needed to find for distancing and cover purposes. Or maybe it was a gimme. I don't know the game design.

Point is, arguing mechanics is not convincing--especially since LaLight seems to be ignoring the parts of my role that are definitely town-aligned (read: resurrecting only townies).

Win Condition: You win when all Mafia-aligned players are Dead and there is at least one Living Town Host.

Mail-mi is not town.

I'll hammer once scola votes mail-mi, but he might be coming up with something good.

Dude, not a scumslip. I haven't looked at my win condition since the beginning of the game. I just assumed it was the same as most other town wincons, with the host thing added.

But that does rule out LL being a third-party that is a threat to town, which is a good find.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: August 20, 2020, 07:27:38 pm »

Mail-mi is not town.

Dude, not a scumslip. I haven't looked at my win condition since the beginning of the game. I just assumed it was the same as most other town wincons, with the host thing added.

But that does rule out LL being a third-party that is a threat to town, which is a good find.

Fine. But you're still scum.

The important part is, if LL's scum, what is happening with this game.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: August 20, 2020, 08:02:25 pm »

Fine. But you're still scum.

The important part is, if LL's scum, what is happening with this game.

Or we could agree on Scola being scum.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.