Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (GAME OVER)  (Read 179286 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (Day 7)
« Reply #1875 on: August 19, 2020, 03:06:38 pm »

here's the point for scum!scola. Arch is known for excluding main characters and give them as fakeclaims to people

Really? I'll admit that's. smart design. But I had no way of knowing that - well, except for going back and reading old games, but if you believe anything I say, know that I'm not *that* invested in these games.

Care to point me to any?

Well, if you believe anything I say, first believe I'm town. Then this. :)

Don't forget I did breadcrumb being a host in my very first post, as well. I'd like to hope that counts for something.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: August 19, 2020, 03:08:04 pm »

if someone is outed as scum you can message them so they will target you for maintenance

And so why didn't I do that?

Let's look at the traitor!mail-mi scenario. Joth is rezzed by swowl. Since he wasn't rezzed by me, I know that he's scum. In what world do I not message joth and say "hey, I'm the human traitor, when you die again, maintenance with me."? Answer: in this world. because I'm not a traitor.

This does make sense to me. Any reason why it doesn't to others?

I'd still like to exile MiX, fyi. He continues to push exiling mail-mi and still pings my scum radar.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: August 19, 2020, 03:09:13 pm »

if someone is outed as scum you can message them so they will target you for maintenance

Let's look at the traitor!mail-mi scenario. Joth is rezzed by swowl. Since he wasn't rezzed by me, I know that he's scum. In what world do I not message joth and say "hey, I'm the human traitor, when you die again, maintenance with me."? Answer: in this world. because I'm not a traitor.

I'd still like to exile MiX, fyi. He continues to push exiling mail-mi and still pings my scum radar.

who killed him?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: August 19, 2020, 03:09:50 pm »

In any case, I don't actually know if LaLight is human scum, a third party, or misguided town. What I do know is that scola has been blocked the past 2 nights, and there haven't been nightkills the past two nights.

Vote: scolapasta if I wasn't already.

If we kill you and scola's scum, we win.

how so?

Not so, nevermind.

We have so much power, yet there's like no ways of knowing who's scum.

I mean, we do have ways though.

Over the past 2 nights, scum have known who are hosts and who are humans. They also know that the ability that lets them kill humans is activated upon my death. Scum knows they cannot kill humans. Thus, scum would be dumb to target humans with their nightkill. So I think we can safely assume that scum has been trying to nightkill other hosts. Therefore, we have only 1 explanation for why there have been no deaths at night: scola being blocked.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: August 19, 2020, 03:13:43 pm »

In any case, I don't actually know if LaLight is human scum, a third party, or misguided town. What I do know is that scola has been blocked the past 2 nights, and there haven't been nightkills the past two nights.

how so?

Not so, nevermind.

Over the past 2 nights, scum have known who are hosts and who are humans. They also know that the ability that lets them kill humans is activated upon my death. Scum knows they cannot kill humans. Thus, scum would be dumb to target humans with their nightkill. So I think we can safely assume that scum has been trying to nightkill other hosts. Therefore, we have only 1 explanation for why there have been no deaths at night: scola being blocked.

i guess there are a few other explanations, like all scum are dead and LaLight is a NKless 3rd party. But I think Occam's Razor applies in this scenario.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: August 19, 2020, 03:14:22 pm »

who killed him?

Who killed who?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: August 19, 2020, 03:15:07 pm »

There was a night where I was roleblocked, only scola wasn't outed and no one died.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: August 19, 2020, 03:18:12 pm »

There was a night where I was roleblocked, only scola wasn't outed and no one died.

was there? There have been too many nights this game for me to keep track of.

was joth alive during that night?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: August 19, 2020, 03:18:24 pm »

how so?

Not so, nevermind.

Another explanation: Mix and Didds are scum and knew NKing me would make them look guilty.

If I'm scum, then all scum are hosts. Yet no one seems to believe that except me. Why would I be so stubborn about and not just to exiling faust, for example, or help to exile you or Lalight today, if this were true?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: August 19, 2020, 03:21:26 pm »

was there? There have been too many nights this game for me to keep track of.

was joth alive during that night?

Yes.

how so?

Not so, nevermind.

Another explanation: Mix and Didds are scum and knew NKing me would make them look guilty.

If I'm scum, then all scum are hosts. Yet no one seems to believe that except me. Why would I be so stubborn about and not just to exiling faust, for example, or help to exile you or Lalight today, if this were true?

Projection? For this exact argument?

If we're both scum I would've shot you tonight, lol.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: August 19, 2020, 03:26:30 pm »

Yeah, but I wouldn't be SO stubborn.

I would've thought so too (re: shooting me). Honestly the no alignment reveal makes it tough to game out.

Say you shoot me, then there's 4 of you, 2 scum. But game not over, because even though noxile, then no NK and town could bring me back...

So maybe not shooting me is better.

But yeah, I'm confused at all. I'lll have time after work to process and try to make any sense of it.

One thing I am trying to figure out is why is Didds so trusting of you this game?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: August 19, 2020, 03:27:41 pm »

Didds knows I'm town. Same reason I know she's town. We can read each other.

As for the rest of you, I have no idea.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: August 19, 2020, 03:31:11 pm »

You know as well as I do, in this game, there's no "knowing" (unless you actually know). There's strongly suspecting, but Didds knows as well as anyone that she can be fooled.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: August 19, 2020, 03:37:43 pm »

You know as well as I do, in this game, there's no "knowing" (unless you actually know). There's strongly suspecting, but Didds knows as well as anyone that she can be fooled.

In this game, there is knowing, and saying otherwise makes town lose.

The only reason we're in this mess is because this game makes scumhunting next to impossible.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: August 19, 2020, 03:38:15 pm »

So Didds, why is MiX town?

And MiX why is Didds town?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: August 19, 2020, 03:38:47 pm »

The last scum's a human, also gut.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: August 19, 2020, 03:43:22 pm »

Why do you so discount the all scum are hosts hypothesis?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: August 19, 2020, 03:50:26 pm »

I don't think it makes sense.

Look, I'm not using strictly deductive processes, so if you trust me I can just say "because I do".

Why would joth self hammer?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: August 19, 2020, 04:00:34 pm »

I just got off work. I’m going to get a beer with debatepro. I’ll be around later, though.

I think that faust also blocked Scola.

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: August 19, 2020, 04:21:41 pm »

I just got off work. I’m going to get a beer with debatepro. I’ll be around later, though.

I think that faust also blocked Scola.

Yes, I have been blocked two nights in a row. But I am not scum.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: August 19, 2020, 04:26:20 pm »

I don't think it makes sense.

Look, I'm not using strictly deductive processes, so if you trust me I can just say "because I do".

Why would joth self hammer?

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure that one out, too.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: August 19, 2020, 05:36:56 pm »

MIx, I’m sure rye-rye would find your leadership admirable.

Scola, my MO is to choose someone I trust and stand next to them. I trust MiX. So much so that I’m willing to off faust, who I also trusted. I think I read him better than most, but I will fully admit that I can be fooled. When MiX and I are simpatico things are pretty good between us. Otherwise I annoy him and vice verse. Who do you trust?

MiXy, I think yams is town. But I think his powers scream traitor. And his defense (pretty aggro) vs the LL defense (more laid back) is interesting. Go back and read those three pages from an observer and see what you think.

I am rethinking Scola. If Joth doesn’t come back, I’m not sure what purpose he has and he is scummy af
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: August 19, 2020, 05:46:20 pm »

MIx, I’m sure rye-rye would find your leadership admirable.

Scola, my MO is to choose someone I trust and stand next to them. I trust MiX. So much so that I’m willing to off faust, who I also trusted. I think I read him better than most, but I will fully admit that I can be fooled. When MiX and I are simpatico things are pretty good between us. Otherwise I annoy him and vice verse. Who do you trust?

MiXy, I think yams is town. But I think his powers scream traitor. And his defense (pretty aggro) vs the LL defense (more laid back) is interesting. Go back and read those three pages from an observer and see what you think.

I am rethinking Scola. If Joth doesn’t come back, I’m not sure what purpose he has and he is scummy af

Maybe raerae just knows when I'm doing town leadership and anti-town leadership. That might be the key.

I reread the 3 pages (do you use 25 post pages or 50 post pages?) and I can see what you're thinking. I'm just always scared of scum!LL, as we all should.

This game isn't winnable without trust, sadly. We should've trusted faust.....man, I feel bad about that exile.

(off topic: yay portuguese word randomly inserted in a post! although nice is a better word in these circumstances. Or uh..."amigaveis", is how I would put it.)

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: August 19, 2020, 05:46:53 pm »

There's some other things to be said about scola, but that's not a topic for today.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: August 19, 2020, 05:57:34 pm »

the fact that I am good as scum shouldn't affect your trust in me :(
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.