Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (GAME OVER)  (Read 181230 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1300 on: August 04, 2020, 11:37:35 pm »

Also I have been politely hinting or asking or whatever.

But MiX/Scola need to full claim. like rn.

Like, why?

If theirs any possibility that scum hosts can't NK humans, why would you provide that info?

the 100% certainty that we need to have all the information available out in the open out weighs the off chance scenario you have presented.

Also, I did not ask for a host/human claim. I asked for a full claim. So I will meet you in the middle.

Let's call it "all information you have barring if you are host/human".

I just don't see how knowing human vs host helps town at the moment. Even without this scenario being true, I think it is more likely to help scum.

That said, I'm not sure what else you would want me to claim - I believe I've claimed everything else.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: August 05, 2020, 12:26:43 am »

Also I have been politely hinting or asking or whatever.

But MiX/Scola need to full claim. like rn.

Like, why?

If theirs any possibility that scum hosts can't NK humans, why would you provide that info?

the 100% certainty that we need to have all the information available out in the open out weighs the off chance scenario you have presented.

Also, I did not ask for a host/human claim. I asked for a full claim. So I will meet you in the middle.

Let's call it "all information you have barring if you are host/human".

I just don't see how knowing human vs host helps town at the moment. Even without this scenario being true, I think it is more likely to help scum.

That said, I'm not sure what else you would want me to claim - I believe I've claimed everything else.

well lets be clear. You should be sure you have claimed everything else. But it also was not just directed at you.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: August 05, 2020, 01:52:56 am »

I think Swowl shooting mail-mi is not the worst idea. mail-mi flipping scum is maybe the only way town will ever start townreading me again.

And when mail-mi flips town?

if that happens, I'm no worse off than I am now.

Vote: mail-mi
Oh look, joth is concerned about noone expect joth.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: August 05, 2020, 02:01:43 am »

And on the "all scum are hosts" theory - within the flavor, human parkgoers also get weapons that cannot hurt other humans, so I don't think scum being unable to kill humans would necessarily mean  that they are all hosts.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 05, 2020, 08:28:43 am »

Yams, what are the powers you have left?

I can make a host a lightning rod for humans, I can roleblock their actions for the night, and I can doctor them. Those are the ones I haven't used

if you can make a host a lightning rod for humans and you have been hard SRing Joth all game, why have you not used that on Joth?

Because I've found that other abilities would be more helpful. I could use it today, though. Perhaps.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: August 05, 2020, 08:31:58 am »

Shouldn't we exile mail-mi? Or are we just going to forget the only information we have this game? Tha mail-mi/joth conflict's great...right?

We can also exile Swan and shoot mail-mi for them flips, but that can get ugly fast.

wrong order. I have the shot.

Of course a day shot comes before exiles...

And on the "all scum are hosts" theory - within the flavor, human parkgoers also get weapons that cannot hurt other humans, so I don't think scum being unable to kill humans would necessarily mean  that they are all hosts.

That's what Swowl has, sure.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: August 05, 2020, 12:25:22 pm »

I feel stuck and don't know what to do. :/
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: August 05, 2020, 04:18:31 pm »

Day 4 lasts until August 8th, 3:10 pm Forum Time[/b]

I should mention that Swowl has to use his vig shot before the last 48 hours of the day. So that would mean tomorrow at 3:09 is his last shot. We have about 24 hours to decide what he should do with it.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: August 05, 2020, 04:39:31 pm »

correct. Thought that was stated already mb.

real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: August 05, 2020, 04:40:43 pm »

hey also... can't believe I didn't think of this before... but my vig shot comes with the explicit statement of "if it works I will be saved from any and all NK actions that night". So skum not having an NK to point at humans probably ain't super likely.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: August 05, 2020, 04:49:45 pm »

also doesn't your one off ability make it so if you are killed by a human the night kill becomes ninja? would kind of dictate that there is skum!humans yeah?
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: August 05, 2020, 04:55:25 pm »

also doesn't your one off ability make it so if you are killed by a human the night kill becomes ninja? would kind of dictate that there is skum!humans yeah?
That's true, I forgot about that. Unless it's a red herring.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: August 05, 2020, 04:56:52 pm »

But I thought the general idea was scum can only killl hosts until unspecified event X happens and then they can kill everyone. That would still work with the item.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: August 05, 2020, 05:04:10 pm »

Also, and maybe I missed this, did joth have to give to a human? Could he have given it to a host?

There very well could be human scum, it was just a hypothesis.

So was scum hosts can't NK kill humans, which could still be true even if there are human scum. (maybe scum doesn't want their human to be tracked or seen by a watcher?)

Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: August 05, 2020, 05:05:16 pm »

Vote: faust

I hate it when I accidentally contradict my fakeclaim.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: August 05, 2020, 05:06:59 pm »

Hmm, what?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: August 05, 2020, 05:37:19 pm »

Swowl - Subset Tracker, 2 targets per night; One shot (day only) perma shut down a dead host; given day vig D4

N1 - Analysis mode with Joth; revived Joth....Track: [MiX], Valid Targets: {Awaclus, Scolapasta, LaLight}, Track: [Joth], Valid Targets: {Awaclus, Scolapasta, LaLight, MiX} ----NOs for both.
N2 - Track: [Awaclus], Valid Targets: {LaLight, MailMi,}, Track: [Faust], Valid Targets: {Awaclus, LL, MailMi} --- NOs on both sets.
N3 - Track: [Mail-Mi], Valid Targets: {Faust, MiX, LaLight, ScolaPasta, Swowl, Joth}... Track: [Joth], Valid Targets: {Swowl, LaLight, Mail-Mi} - YES's on both sets.

MiX - Host only Day Vig that somehow is effected by an unknown passive; Steal Yes/No answer that, when it works, runs out of shots?

N1 - Targets faust. Get's no result, assuming bc faust does not get yes not results N1.
D2 - Vigs WCD
N2 - Targets Scola... gets a YES ***** could you please break that one down... what was the yes on? I thought scola just got number of people visiting each night?*****
N3 - Took no actions.

faust - Subset Roleblocker; one-shot find out if target attempted to target any of their subset.

N1 - Blocked pasta. Works on subset [MiX, LL, Didds]. Or at least of the claim of scolapasta being blocked.
N2 - Targets Awaclus. Unknown I suppose. Subset was [MiX/LaLight/joth/mail-mi/faust]
N3 - Targets MiX to subset faust, LaLight, scolapasta, mail-mi, Awaclus. Also uses one-shot to confirm that MiX did not target anyone from that set of players. Also, revived Didds and attempted to revive ADK, both via analysis.

scolapasta - Watcher that learns the amount of people that targeted them that night. Gets to guess at 2 names and told if they were one's that targeted them.

N1 - Blocked by faust. (target I can't remember)
N2 - Targets faust; result is 4. Guesses WCD, MM; result no for both
N3- Targeted LL; Result 1... himself.

Didds - Targets 2 players, deflects from 1 to the other. Is host with maintenance.

N1 - Deflects actions from ADK to Joth.
N2 - deflects faust to Awaclus
D3- shot by MiX.
N3 - Targets faust for analysis; is revived. ***what was your reverie claim?****

Joth - During the Day, can kill all revived Hosts. Can redirect all actions from a player to himself, and if he dies, gets a list of people who ended up targeting him. Is host with maintenance.

N1 - Targets WCD. Is killed.
N2 - Enters Analysis with Swowl; Is revived start Day 3.
N3 - Gives day vig shot to Swowl; Targets MailMi with defend - nothing happens.

Mail-Mi - Can open 2 chats per day, at which time they can give certain abilities to that player? The list is I believe Doctor, Lightning Rod, Perma Dead Host, and Bring Town host back to life. They also get a QT with a host when they die. They can ask MOD one question about the dead host ability to get a yes/no.

N1 - nothing?
D2 - Targets wCD and Joth. Uses revive Town Host on Joth.
N2 - Talks to ADK?
D3 - Targets ADK and MiX. Perma death on ADK.
N4 - nothing

LaLight - Has a list of abilities they are working their way down to learn who has them? They get to target 2 people per night and learn if they were targeted by the ability that they seek. Then they get to guess a name for the ability and are told yes or no? *********is that correct? I am still confused by your ability a little I think****
Also, can re-direct Host exiles to the target they are on at EOD. - can you still do this??*****

*** can you just fill yours out please? It will be more accurate that way, and less confusing for everyone.***

K. That is what I have in summary of abilities and uses of shit. I am sure there is some missing crap, so everyone read yours and we can edit in a sec.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: August 05, 2020, 05:39:59 pm »

MiX - Host only Day Vig that somehow is effected by an unknown passive; Steal Yes/No answer that, when it works, runs out of shots?

N2 - Targets Scola... gets a YES ***** could you please break that one down... what was the yes on? I thought scola just got number of people visiting each night?*****

scolapasta - Watcher that learns the amount of people that targeted them that night. Gets to guess at 2 names and told if they were one's that targeted them.

N2 - Targets faust; result is 4. Guesses WCD, MM; result no for both

I stole one of scola's "Yes" results on this, which means Didds (or mail-mi I guess) targeted faust.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: August 05, 2020, 05:52:27 pm »

The reverie is that when I am revived, I find out who has targeted me while I was alive. (Would be useful if I hadn’t been whacked in the daytime). Result was Joth, MiX, and yams

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: August 05, 2020, 05:53:54 pm »

My primary issues right now still are with ....

1. Joth v MailMi
a) Joth was not brought back via MM claim - either day block or one of them is lying. 
b) Joth only got Swowl and WCD on the target list... since I did not kill Joth, it either means that ADK was the attempted target (so town) and that shot was RD'd from aDK to Joth (so WCD probably also... town), and Swowl is Town... so Just would be Skum there I feel like.... or alternatively, WCD is skum and they just shot Joth.
--- So the issue with the Joth MailMi thing is that the more I think about it the more likely it is that Joth is potentially skum... However the issue is that with the players that are tied into the triangle of fucking ridiculousness here... The only way we can get a clear on anyone is to know the alignment of Joth (can't), WCD (can't), ADK (can't), and/or Mail Mi (can... but idk how I feel about that option).---

2. Pasta v WCD/MiX
The discrepancy between N2 results of WCD and Pasta. WCD deflected from faust to Awaclus (IDC what anyone says, every game I have ever played would dictate that that means WCD TARGETED both faust and awaclus). However, Pasta tracked faust (ending up on Awaclus), and then guessed MM and WCD and got no's for both of them. Is that right? And then there is the MiX getting the Yes thing. Just a shit ton of confusion there - no clue what to make of it, but there is skum there somewhere.
--- Again, the issue here is that Didds flip does not happen and we do not know if Pasta or MiX will flip. Now that being said... it probably is NOT Didds and MiX bc of the day vig --- PPE - MiX explanation... need to think about that.

3. faust - I am suspicious to the extent that 2/3 people he targeted have claimed to take no actions and the person he targeted on Day 1 is still alive and no flip... so again just a lack of confirmation. Flip green would mean like essentially nothing. Flip red is huge FOS on WCD and small on on Pasta.

4. LaLight - Ability is just skummy af. its a hunter essentially. I need to put in some time looking at the connections their claims would have to people because running out of time and I am just so confused by their role in general.

Anyone wanna attempt to throw out some clarification or new ideas for that shit, please go for it.
real good. That’s how

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: August 05, 2020, 06:03:11 pm »

Vote Count 4.3

Swowl (2): faust, mail-mi
faust (1): jotheonah
mail-mi (1): LaLight

Not Voting (4): MiX, scolapasta, Swowl, WestCoastDidds

With 8 alive it takes 5 to exile. Day 4 lasts until August 8th, 3:10 pm Forum Time (~69 hours)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: August 05, 2020, 07:10:25 pm »

@Swowl I also have a roleblock option. I don't open a QT with them, they get sent a message (presumably in their own QT or over the forum).

Also, on your Pasta vs. WCD, I can conceive of a universe where WCD's power only "counts" as targeting faust. Less likely that it counts as only targeting awaclus, though.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: August 05, 2020, 07:21:04 pm »

I’ll ask arch about the targeting results. You all would know better than me since you actually mod stuff. It feels like when I’m redirecting that the target is the one who is the redirected to, but what makes sense to me often makes no sense.

I know that is a minor point, but I’ll try to clear it up

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: August 05, 2020, 08:26:37 pm »

Hmm, what?

This:

That's true, I forgot about that. Unless it's a red herring.

Town faust doesn't forget parts of his own ability that contradict his theories. Scum!faust who has to keep track of his fakeclaim and his real role? Yeah.

I will add that the last time I got caught as scum it was because I forgot something I'd claimed and contradicted it.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: August 05, 2020, 08:29:04 pm »

Was it his theory that all scum are hosts?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 20 queries.