Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (GAME OVER)  (Read 179279 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1250 on: August 04, 2020, 12:03:10 pm »

That said, and I'm now possibly contradicting myself -

I had early posited a hypothesis that all scum are hosts. Let's look at that again.

In the show, hosts can't hurt humans. So what if? They are all hosts, can only NK other hosts, and have to use other special ways of killing (or exile) to get rid of humans.

that could explain the no NKs, i.e. at the time of night there were no town hosts alive. (Didds may be a town host, but she was dead); Joth could be a scum host.

Something like that at least.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 04, 2020, 12:06:18 pm »

How was your vacation?  Do you go anywhere or just not work??

What is your opinion of Swowl and of faust?

Went to rocky mountain national park in CO. It was awesome.

I am still very wary of joth/swowl. We have no claim of me being blocked during D1. So I scumread swowl. I townread faust right now, but that could change.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 04, 2020, 12:07:59 pm »

I had early posited a hypothesis that all scum are hosts. Let's look at that again.

In the show, hosts can't hurt humans. So what if? They are all hosts, can only NK other hosts, and have to use other special ways of killing (or exile) to get rid of humans.

that could explain the no NKs, i.e. at the time of night there were no town hosts alive. (Didds may be a town host, but she was dead); Joth could be a scum host.

That I was already dead explains N3. 

N2 is not as clear... unless they tried to shoot a host but it wasn't a host and it failed?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 04, 2020, 12:22:36 pm »

That doesn't make a lot of sense: although it's very much possible they can't kill humans (goes perfectly with my dayvig), why wouldn't they kill a host last night?

Unless...they went for a human and then scola/me? Why risk it?

Did mail-mi claim human?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 04, 2020, 12:35:41 pm »

N2 is not as clear... unless they tried to shoot a host but it wasn't a host and it failed?

You were dead both N2 and N3, right? You died D2, D3 requested maintenance, and were rezzed for D4.

I really do think joth is likely scum. I think it'd be a clever tactic on N1 (given D1 we exiled town) to NK one of their own. (also guarantees a successful NK if there's any truth to the above ^^^)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 04, 2020, 12:36:34 pm »

That doesn't make a lot of sense: although it's very much possible they can't kill humans (goes perfectly with my dayvig), why wouldn't they kill a host last night?

Did mail-mi claim human?

Well, what known host could they go for? Only joth, no?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 04, 2020, 01:07:57 pm »

Did mail-mi claim human?

Yes.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 04, 2020, 01:10:59 pm »

On the one hand, this is a good explanation. On the other hand, I'm skeptical that Arch would design a game that hamstrings scum that much. Like, how are they suppose to kill humans? Just with town votes? With this vig thing? I mean, it just sort of showed up for me so I can believe that it came from scum. It's a weird number of steps for it to come to me and then for me to have to give it away, but I guess it kind of makes sense since it makes it harder to track.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 04, 2020, 01:17:25 pm »

@ Joth - vig shot is use it or lose it.

@ WCD - just to be clear, my perma dead ability can only be used on a DEAD host. So, not like a vig shot.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: August 04, 2020, 01:21:38 pm »

@ WCD - just to be clear, my perma dead ability can only be used on a DEAD host. So, not like a vig shot.

You could vig any living host and then use your perma dead ability.

So it kinda is a vig shot, now that you have an actual vig shot.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: August 04, 2020, 01:30:27 pm »

right fair enough. I was just specifying based on the language she used in her response to me. just to be clear.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: August 04, 2020, 01:33:34 pm »

I also don't think I would use it on a host given the info we have already... that is to say there probably isn't any more coming out. IDK about that. I value a flip a lot here, but also I assume we are down to the wire (ish) in terms of being able to achieve win con. or not. I don't know. This game is weird.

Does anyone else want to weigh in on the vig shot?

So far I am underwhelmed with the suggestions given.
real good. That’s how

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: August 04, 2020, 01:39:31 pm »

I also don't think I would use it on a host given the info we have already... that is to say there probably isn't any more coming out. IDK about that. I value a flip a lot here, but also I assume we are down to the wire (ish) in terms of being able to achieve win con. or not. I don't know. This game is weird.

Does anyone else want to weigh in on the vig shot?

So far I am underwhelmed with the suggestions given.

We have no idea if we're down to the wire. We have one dead townie (for sure) and two hosts who could be town or scum, one of which we could revive if we wanted to.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: August 04, 2020, 01:41:45 pm »

right fair enough. I was just specifying based on the language she used in her response to me. just to be clear.

Yeah, I definitely thought it was make and keep someone dead who had been dead. 

So, you essentially have the same thing that yams did to ADK?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: August 04, 2020, 01:47:49 pm »

You were dead both N2 and N3, right? You died D2, D3 requested maintenance, and were rezzed for D4.

I really do think joth is likely scum. I think it'd be a clever tactic on N1 (given D1 we exiled town) to NK one of their own. (also guarantees a successful NK if there's any truth to the above ^^^)

No.... I died on D3 and then was fixed by faust on D4. I was a MiX kill, not a NK.

On D1 Hypercube exiled
N1 Joth died
D2 ADK is exiled
N2 no one died, Joth had analysis mode with Swan
D3 Joth rezzed, MiX dayvigs WCD, Awaclus is exiled, yams makes ADK permadead
N3 no one died, ADK and WCD had analysis with faust
D4: WCD is rezzed, ADK rez fails

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: August 04, 2020, 01:50:08 pm »

That's actually a good point though -- we need to take MiX's vig into account if our theory is that scum doesn't have a nightkill but is compensating with other tools. Maybe MiX is scum.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: August 04, 2020, 02:00:52 pm »

That's actually a good point though -- we need to take MiX's vig into account if our theory is that scum doesn't have a nightkill but is compensating with other tools. Maybe MiX is scum.

Hmm...no, because Didds got revived, so I did nothing. Also it's clear my vig shot was secret, so why would I use it publicly as scum?

There's a trigger that lets hosts kill humans. We just need to find out what it is...

In the mean time, kill joth and Didds at the same time? Didds at day so we can rez her?

Joth, what are your PRs?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: August 04, 2020, 02:01:51 pm »

No.... I died on D3 and then was fixed by faust on D4. I was a MiX kill, not a NK.

On D1 Hypercube exiled
N1 Joth died
D2 ADK is exiled
N2 no one died, Joth had analysis mode with Swan
D3 Joth rezzed, MiX dayvigs WCD, Awaclus is exiled, yams makes ADK permadead
N3 no one died, ADK and WCD had analysis with faust
D4: WCD is rezzed, ADK rez fails

Oh, right, forgot you were a day kill.  That said, did they know you were a host N2? i.e. they could've targeted a human.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: August 04, 2020, 02:02:55 pm »

Not no NK, but no NK of humans. (at least that's my hypothesis)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: August 04, 2020, 02:03:03 pm »

if scum can't kill humans, ADK's role makes sense as scum
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: August 04, 2020, 02:04:29 pm »

There's a trigger that lets hosts kill humans. We just need to find out what it is...

Do we know such a trigger exists? I believe it could, just don't want to go back and reread to find it.

And do we need to find it? Wouldn't that benefit scum in this hyopthesis?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: August 04, 2020, 02:05:09 pm »

If anyone is interested, I'd love to see a recap of what are all the roles. (I could maybe take a crack at it tonight, if no one else gets to it first).

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: August 04, 2020, 02:06:36 pm »

Hmm...no, because Didds got revived, so I did nothing. Also it's clear my vig shot was secret, so why would I use it publicly as scum?

In the mean time, kill joth and Didds at the same time? Didds at day so we can rez her?

Joth, what are your PRs?

I'm really done answering questions I've already answered that you can easily look up.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: August 04, 2020, 02:07:35 pm »

Do we know such a trigger exists? I believe it could, just don't want to go back and reread to find it.

And do we need to find it? Wouldn't that benefit scum in this hyopthesis?

I think Awaclus mentioned something of the sort. It would make sense that the switch did something to all hosts, to the point Awaclus couldn't pass off as human anymore.

PPE: How did you get your item?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: August 04, 2020, 02:07:56 pm »

Also if you really want to kill me and Didds at the same time, I can do that right now. I just use my Massacre ability. But I'm going to need some kind of assurance that someone will rez me, which seems unlikely unless Swowl does it again.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.