Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (GAME OVER)  (Read 181045 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1225 on: August 04, 2020, 03:44:46 am »

I want joth to be the target of the vig shot.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 04, 2020, 07:46:26 am »

and I have to use it today.

You mean you have to use it today or lose it, or it’s mandatory that you use it today?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: August 04, 2020, 07:49:04 am »

Cool. joth, can you now explain why you gave it to Swowl?

Because he’s my scum partner and my night kills keep failing. /s

Because, as I’ve said 1000 times now, I’m strongly townreading him because he revived me when he didn’t have to.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 04, 2020, 07:50:46 am »

I want faust to be the target of the vig shot.

Rezzing Didds was scummy.

Vote: faust

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: August 04, 2020, 07:56:12 am »

Was it? Isn't rezzing you when mail-mi said you were scum even scummier? Look at it from an outside perspective, what looks worse? Also, didn't we decide Didds was town, or at least telling the truth?

I like how there's another compulsive dayvig, but is that how scum NKs...?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: August 04, 2020, 08:02:28 am »

In response to Swowl’s permadead a host....

So, we have three hosts that have maintenance that we know of...WCD, Joth, and ADK. ADK is already permadead from yams, so we’re down to 2. Could be that either Scola or mix is a host, and that would give us some more wiggle room. I’m assuming they aren’t for the moment, and that hosts are our most limited resource.

We win when there is a town host alive and scum have been eliminated. I’m not 100% that Joth is town, but I’m not so sure that I’d want to risk offing him for good. I’m 100% that I’m town, and I know we shouldn’t off me for good. Further, offing either one of us for good makes it much easier for scum to focus on eliminating the last one.

It makes me super nervous that Joth could wipe out everyone who has died before (him and me) and it makes me super nervous that Swowl could off one of us, too. And now a vig shot, too. That’s a lot of killing power residing in that pair, and it’s a pair that is solidified as a pairing.

PPE: 2

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: August 04, 2020, 08:04:38 am »

Was it? Isn't rezzing you when mail-mi said you were scum even scummier? Look at it from an outside perspective, what looks worse? Also, didn't we decide Didds was town, or at least telling the truth?

I like how there's another compulsive dayvig, but is that how scum NKs...?

Yes in that case I would definitely openly and brazenly claim that I gave it out. ::)

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: August 04, 2020, 08:07:28 am »

Of course you would!

What were your night actions?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: August 04, 2020, 08:11:26 am »

I don’t think we win this game by killing the same people over and over and over again. It seems like scum can’t use its kill for whatever reason but instead of pressing that advantage town just wants to throw ours away by rezzing everyone we kill and then using our kills on people we already rezzed. And by town I mean faust. Faust is trying to do damage control for his team here by getting us to waste our weapons and spin our wheels.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: August 04, 2020, 08:12:27 am »

Of course you would!

What were your night actions?

I already claimed.

I defended mail-mi (redirect actions that target him to me and I get investigative results if I die that night) and gave the vig power to Swowl.

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: August 04, 2020, 08:14:23 am »

I was never scummy. I was entirely forthcoming way before anyone else had claimed and the series of claims afterwards has born that out. I’m not even sure that MiX thought I was scummy when he whacked me, but by the end of the day Scola, MiX, and faust had figured out I was telling the truth.

This is part of why I’m have so much distrust of Joth/Swowl. I don’t get the insistence that I’m scum, nor the nonchalance about leaving hosts dead.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: August 04, 2020, 08:17:42 am »

I don’t think we win this game by killing the same people over and over and over again. It seems like scum can’t use its kill for whatever reason but instead of pressing that advantage town just wants to throw ours away by rezzing everyone we kill and then using our kills on people we already rezzed. And by town I mean faust. Faust is trying to do damage control for his team here by getting us to waste our weapons and spin our wheels.

I agree with this. I think we need to exile a human. I think that pool, for me, is Swowl, faust, or yams.

I have some of the same feelings about faust that you have about Swowl. Rezzing me makes him more town for me. It also gives them both more town cred since hosts are good for town. I think we need to both consider that bias in trying to evaluate them. I’m not sure I can see outside of it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: August 04, 2020, 08:23:26 am »

I agree with this. I think we need to exile a human. I think that pool, for me, is Swowl, faust, or yams.

I have some of the same feelings about faust that you have about Swowl. Rezzing me makes him more town for me. It also gives them both more town cred since hosts are good for town. I think we need to both consider that bias in trying to evaluate them. I’m not sure I can see outside of it.
I'm absolutely in favor of exiling Swowl, but I somehow doubt I'll succeed at convincing him to shoot himself.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: August 04, 2020, 08:24:32 am »

It makes me super nervous that Joth could wipe out everyone who has died before (him and me) and it makes me super nervous that Swowl could off one of us, too. And now a vig shot, too. That’s a lot of killing power residing in that pair, and it’s a pair that is solidified as a pairing.
Yeah a lot of killing power... it's almost like... they don't even need a nightkill!

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: August 04, 2020, 08:27:18 am »

Right?!!

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: August 04, 2020, 08:29:10 am »

Yeah a lot of killing power... it's almost like... they don't even need a nightkill!

Are you suggesting they can't NK? Why claim to have a dayvig then? Just use it silently, right?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: August 04, 2020, 08:33:24 am »

Are you suggesting they can't NK? Why claim to have a dayvig then? Just use it silently, right?
Maybe they can't? It's not clear to me that they could hide using it.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: August 04, 2020, 08:42:47 am »

A one-shot dayvig that kicks in on day 4 and the ability to kill people who are already dead? That's definitely comparable in power level to a nightkill every night.

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: August 04, 2020, 09:04:19 am »

A one-shot dayvig that kicks in on day 4 and the ability to kill people who are already dead? That's definitely comparable in power level to a nightkill every night.
So I assume you have a better explanation for the lack of nightkills?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: August 04, 2020, 09:21:08 am »

Weird assumption.

I don't know why they're not happening. I do know that we should press the advantage while we can, and I want to know why you don't want to do that.

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: August 04, 2020, 09:28:03 am »

Weird assumption.

I don't know why they're not happening. I do know that we should press the advantage while we can, and I want to know why you don't want to do that.
It's not an advantage. It's clear that town isn't stopping the kills, so scum is either deciding to not kill as they think that's in their best interest, or they have something up their sleeves that makes up for their inability to kill.

I don't know what "pressing the advantage" is even supposed to mean. Judging by your vote, it means exiling town, and if that's the case then I am not in favor.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 04, 2020, 10:06:28 am »

I think Vote: mail-mi

The closest thing to nightkills scum might have is an ability to shut down hosts for good. What if each scum has their own "kill" with this one being one of them?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 04, 2020, 11:34:11 am »

I am back from vacation and ready to play.

So night happened right when I went on vacation. I talked to Awa a little bit, and he suggested that I could confirm the fact that he doesn't count as a host for town's wincon. I posted that question, and a while later Arch said it wasn't valid. By the time I was able to check back, the action deadline had passed :/ so I did nothing of use last night.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 04, 2020, 11:39:16 am »

How was your vacation?  Do you go anywhere or just not work??

What is your opinion of Swowl and of faust?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 04, 2020, 12:00:06 pm »

The fact that we don't learn anything about hosts is very challenging. I'm surprised there's not a cop that sees alignment but just of hosts (or something like that).

I do think joth could be scum. I'm wary of faust, swowl, and mail-mi.

Would prefer to vote a human, I think, lean towards easier swowl or mail-mi.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.