Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (GAME OVER)  (Read 179386 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1050 on: July 29, 2020, 05:50:44 am »

i am not told if they have power X, only if they are targeted by it.

Night 1 - Awaclus and MiX, Night 2 - joth and hypercube
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 29, 2020, 05:52:18 am »

on D1 i guessed Didds, D2 faust, D3 joth

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 29, 2020, 05:54:40 am »

also, in the end of the night i get told how many times throughout the game I targeted the bearer of searched power

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 29, 2020, 05:54:58 am »

that's how I guessed joth

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 29, 2020, 06:17:45 am »

Let's say the team is Awaclus/ADK/Didds.

N1 actions do not make a lot of sense. Like... why do ADK and Awaclus target LaLight? For ADK, targeting LaLight is a good cover, but Awaclus also targeting them means that cover is undetectable, which seems counterproductive.

So either one of them lied, or at most one of them is scum.

ADK definitely knew the LaLight was a human, so they certainly did target them. No lie there. Which leaves Awaclus - but who else would he have targeted? joth, to cover up the nightkill? But joth would have seen that. It's possible that all of Awaclus' role is made up, indeed I think it has to be: If this is the team, then a scum is responsible for blocking mail-mi during D2. That would be what Awaclus did. So, he's the Roleblocker.

This also fits with the fact that we don't have any evidence of someone other than Awaclus being roleblocked during N2.

Another option is that ADK was town, actually. If we go with Didds/Awaclus are still scum, who is the partner?

Could be joth, conceivably. That mainly makes sense if he's a Traitor, since scum would still have engineered for him to die. This also fits with him targeting Swowl - as he was a candidate for having kiled him, and he would want a QT with fellow scum. In that case however, I'm not sure why he'd offer up Didds as an exile by forcing her to claim.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1055 on: July 29, 2020, 06:26:35 am »

It's possible that all of Awaclus' role is made up, indeed I think it has to be

I don't think it's plausible for my role to be made up, given that apparently it fits my character's flavor so well that joth could guess what it was.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 29, 2020, 07:37:22 am »

It's possible that all of Awaclus' role is made up, indeed I think it has to be

I don't think it's plausible for my role to be made up, given that apparently it fits my character's flavor so well that joth could guess what it was.
My point was clearly about the Watcher part, not the Host/human part, as you could easily determine if you cared about context rather than silly gotchas.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 29, 2020, 08:13:36 am »

We don't have a doctor. We don't have bulletproof. The only way to stop NKs is with roleblocking. Only 1 person could've been roleblocked. We know who it is because of scola's result, and we know all 4 people that picked Awaclus (scola, faust, Swowl, Didds), which means we know where the redirection went and also where the roleblocking went. Therefore Awaclus made the NK, unsucessfully.

Now the second part: joth vs mail-mi. mail-mi, did you message anyone D2?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 29, 2020, 08:21:25 am »

joth: Why would you target one of the candidates for killing you with maintenance?

Just reads, man. I had a townread on Swowl and reason to believe he was human. The letter is a big one, most people at that point were still big old question marks in that regard.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 29, 2020, 08:21:50 am »

*the latter
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1060 on: July 29, 2020, 09:48:28 am »

We don't have a doctor. We don't have bulletproof. The only way to stop NKs is with roleblocking. Only 1 person could've been roleblocked. We know who it is because of scola's result, and we know all 4 people that picked Awaclus (scola, faust, Swowl, Didds), which means we know where the redirection went and also where the roleblocking went. Therefore Awaclus made the NK, unsucessfully.

No I didn't, and we don't know what non-town factions have because they could be lying.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 29, 2020, 10:24:43 am »

joth: Why would you target one of the candidates for killing you with maintenance?

Just reads, man. I had a townread on Swowl and reason to believe he was human. The letter is a big one, most people at that point were still big old question marks in that regard.
What was the reason for thinking that Swowl was human?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 29, 2020, 10:26:27 am »

No I didn't, and we don't know what non-town factions have because they could be lying.

You think scum stopped their own night kill? I see no town manipulation that would cause this.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 29, 2020, 10:27:49 am »

I think we need to consider a scenario where the scum team is Awaclus/joth/Swowl.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 29, 2020, 10:29:06 am »

I think we need to consider a scenario where the scum team is Awaclus/joth/Swowl.

I'd like for mail-mi to answer my question first, but sure.

Why would scum forego their NK?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: July 29, 2020, 10:35:13 am »

Not sure what you mean? Night 1? There they tried to shoot ADK and failed due to classic Diddsian meddling.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 29, 2020, 10:41:08 am »

Not sure what you mean? Night 1? There they tried to shoot ADK and failed due to classic Diddsian meddling.

Oh yeah! That should explain most things.

Well, that's a good theory too. It might just be the solve!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 29, 2020, 10:42:07 am »

Here is my fullclaim:

I am Robert Ford, a human. During the day, I can send up to 2 messages to other people. Along with the first message in a day, I can send commands that will effect hosts but will not effect humans. I can only use each command once. They are: make the host a lightning rod for human actions (unused), roleblock them (unused), doctor them for the night (unused), rez them if they're town (used on joth during d2) and if they're dead, make them stay dead permanently (used on ADK today).

During D1, I messaged Didds pretty late in the day (I was townreading her and thought she was a host), didn't use the second message, and didn't use any abilities. I asked didds to use the word "pineapple" in her next post if she was host, and she used it during the first post of D2. I was probably gonna doctor her tonight, until all the claiming happened.

D2, I messaged joth and used the rez power and then I messaged Didds again and explained I can only use one power per night.

D3, I've messaged ADK a blank message and used the permanent-death power on him because I think that he is scum. Here is why:

I have a second ability that each day after a host is exiled, I get a QT with them that night. After conversing with them, I can ask the mod a yes/no question about their abilities. I asked Arch if ADK was a tracker. I got a "no." So I made him perma-dead.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1068 on: July 29, 2020, 10:43:26 am »

You think scum stopped their own night kill? I see no town manipulation that would cause this.

NK-less 3rd party could have stopped a different faction's NK, there could have been a traitor that converts to full scum when NK'd, it's possible the scum team is unable to kill and also perform some other action they deemed more important last night, it's possible the kills are odd-night only, it's possible the factional kill only works while scum meets a specific requirement that they currently don't (e.g. a scum host being alive), it's possible we only ever had a serial killer plus a NK-less scum team in the first place and now the SK is exiled, etc. It's an RMM, there's a lot of different possibilities and we don't know anything about the setup.

My point was clearly about the Watcher part, not the Host/human part, as you could easily determine if you cared about context rather than silly gotchas.

I think my Watcher claim is also pretty believable, because it's kind of specific and I have reported results that I have gotten with it that are consistent with everyone else's claims.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 29, 2020, 10:47:16 am »

Did ADK fullclaim to you? What was it?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 29, 2020, 10:50:21 am »

Here is my fullclaim:

I am Robert Ford, a human. During the day, I can send up to 2 messages to other people. Along with the first message in a day, I can send commands that will effect hosts but will not effect humans. I can only use each command once. They are: make the host a lightning rod for human actions (unused), roleblock them (unused), doctor them for the night (unused), rez them if they're town (used on joth during d2) and if they're dead, make them stay dead permanently (used on ADK today).

During D1, I messaged Didds pretty late in the day (I was townreading her and thought she was a host), didn't use the second message, and didn't use any abilities. I asked didds to use the word "pineapple" in her next post if she was host, and she used it during the first post of D2. I was probably gonna doctor her tonight, until all the claiming happened.

D2, I messaged joth and used the rez power and then I messaged Didds again and explained I can only use one power per night.

D3, I've messaged ADK a blank message and used the permanent-death power on him because I think that he is scum. Here is why:

I have a second ability that each day after a host is exiled, I get a QT with them that night. After conversing with them, I can ask the mod a yes/no question about their abilities. I asked Arch if ADK was a tracker. I got a "no." So I made him perma-dead.
Would be kind of nice if you discussed things with town before going around making decisions like this.

Did you ask "Is ADK a Tracker?" ... that's a pretty ambiguous question to say the least. Are you absolutely sure that your information is in conflict with what he claimed?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 29, 2020, 10:51:16 am »

Here is my fullclaim:

Would be kind of nice if you discussed things with town before going around making decisions like this.

Did you ask "Is ADK a Tracker?" ... that's a pretty ambiguous question to say the least. Are you absolutely sure that your information is in conflict with what hethey claimed?
EBWOP

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 29, 2020, 10:52:53 am »

mail-mi: Could you send someone another message for confirmation purposes?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 29, 2020, 10:53:29 am »

I'm ready to vote: Awaclus

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 29, 2020, 10:54:30 am »

In response to faust's question I will add that I regret killing Didds, however it should be good mechanically speaking.

Carry on.

I'm ready to vote: Awaclus

X-1.

I think we're not done with this day yet. You didn't get mail-mi's message, yet Didds did. Is that correct?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 20 queries.