Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (GAME OVER)  (Read 179435 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2020, 09:56:32 am »

This is a well designed game.

How can you tell? Vote: MiX

Ha I love the implication.

Oh I just love my role and I think I can see a lot of what's going to happen with it.

Also I have faith in Archetype, having played exactly one game with him for 48 hours.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2020, 10:15:42 am »

Without going into detail, how bad do people think that having everyone claim host or human would be? Just yes or no, I don't need you to say why. I have a plan that could be useful but would require everyone to claim which they are and that could potentially be bad

Eh, I thought about it, and not knowing how many hosts have maintenance ruins it.

I was assuming that maintenance went hand-in-hand with being a host but looking back at the setup I suppose it only specifies 'at least one'. So yeah, plan is bad, nevermind
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2020, 11:25:37 am »

Vote: faust
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2020, 11:29:42 am »

Pfft

Vote: Awaclus
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2020, 11:30:33 am »

Man, it feels pretty good being able to post whatever I want without having to work in a silly word every time.

The story, all names, characters, and incidents portrayed in this post are fictitious. No identification with actual games (ongoing or ended) should be inferred.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2020, 11:31:26 am »

The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2020, 11:31:59 am »

Pfft

Oh yeah? You want to fite me?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2020, 11:35:53 am »

Without going into detail, how bad do people think that having everyone claim host or human would be? Just yes or no, I don't need you to say why. I have a plan that could be useful but would require everyone to claim which they are and that could potentially be bad

Not as bad as it sounds but still pretty bad.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2020, 11:40:15 am »

What the hell? Who's this person that took over Awaclus' account?

No but seriously I've seen scum!him.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2020, 11:58:30 am »

Hi all. Welcome to westworld mafia.

My guess is revealing host / human is anti town. Then again, I usually think revealing much D1 is anti town - it does feel like human vs host is a big part of this world.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2020, 12:02:49 pm »

My guess is revealing host / human is anti town. Then again, I usually think revealing much D1 is anti town - it does feel like human vs host is a big part of this world.

Is it human vs. host though? It seems to me like we will have town and scum humans, and town and scum hosts.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2020, 12:04:03 pm »

Is it human vs. host though? It seems to me like we will have town and scum humans, and town and scum hosts.

That's not what he meant, he means the distinction of human vs host, or overall how humans and hosts are different.

You're human ok got it.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2020, 12:12:18 pm »

That's not what he meant, he means the distinction of human vs host, or overall how humans and hosts are different.

You're human ok got it.

::)
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2020, 12:46:48 pm »

Well, it seems like the humans would be cool with not knowing anything, but the hosts need to know who the humans are, although not yet since everyone starts off alive. But after one gets Xed, they need to reach out to a human, right?  The humans don’t want to revive the scum hosts, though, so I guess I was wrong about the humans not needing to know anything. They need to know who the scum hosts are to keep them dead...but why would scum hosts reach out to town humans if there are scum humans? Hmmm.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2020, 12:58:25 pm »

Pfft

Oh yeah? You want to fite me?

No, I want no lynch, but there's no harm in having some fun in between.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2020, 12:58:47 pm »

Hmpf, no exile, you get it.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2020, 01:11:11 pm »

Well, it seems like the humans would be cool with not knowing anything, but the hosts need to know who the humans are, although not yet since everyone starts off alive. But after one gets Xed, they need to reach out to a human, right?  The humans don’t want to revive the scum hosts, though, so I guess I was wrong about the humans not needing to know anything. They need to know who the scum hosts are to keep them dead...but why would scum hosts reach out to town humans if there are scum humans? Hmmm.

Sure, but hosts can find out humans after they're exiled. (i.e. can keep reading the thread)

Maybe only town hosts have maintenance? Nah, can't be that, because then there would be no reason to ever not fix a maintenance request.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2020, 01:20:55 pm »

I don't think I'm being particularly unusual here.

In that case, we can exile you and there will be no lynch.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2020, 02:02:35 pm »

Sure, but hosts can find out humans after they're exiled. (i.e. can keep reading the thread)

Maybe only town hosts have maintenance? Nah, can't be that, because then there would be no reason to ever not fix a maintenance request.

Flawed logic, but I agree with the conclusion so meh.

I don't think I'm being particularly unusual here.

In that case, we can exile you and there will be no lynch.

I guess not when I look closer, but that was my immediate reaction.

The best part about no lynch is that it's always going to happen.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2020, 03:08:52 pm »

I find it interesting that so far on the Exile/No-Exile talk that everyone is viewing the death mechanic in the game as like a negative utility. I mean, yes, not getting a flip if we lynch a host leads to very little info, fair. However, it is not like 100% that we in fact exile a host instead of a human. There is also the other end of the "maintenance can bring skum back" argument - that being that if we lynch a host we later deem likely town at a point when we are mylo/lylo or something, we may be able to work that in to our advantage.

so all in all - I don't think the upside on No-Exile is enough to go for it today. Though, I do see the argument, so I don't think it is skummy to bring it up or agree with it.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2020, 03:11:37 pm »

unless your plan is fool proof - hard pass on that one for today I think. Not gonna give reasons, but I have them, and the top one is fairly general and imo extremely solid.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2020, 04:06:15 pm »

I am fully against the claiming host/human plan. And I am a bit against no exile.

let's Vote: MiX
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2020, 04:10:06 pm »

I think ADK gets townpoints for proposing a plan that is so universally declined. Scumbuddy(s) would have discussed that N0 and denounced it.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2020, 04:11:18 pm »

I think ADK gets townpoints for proposing a plan that is so universally declined. Scumbuddy(s) would have discussed that N0 and denounced it.

and then say "yeah, also you should propose it in thread to look towny"
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2020, 04:12:32 pm »

and then say "yeah, also you should propose it in thread to look towny"

WIFOM. I didn't say they were completely off the table, I just gave them some townpoints.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.