Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM57: Westworld Mafia (GAME OVER)  (Read 181052 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
RMM57: Westworld Mafia (GAME OVER)
« on: June 21, 2020, 05:19:00 pm »

RMM57: Westworld Mafia
"This world doesn’t belong to you or the people who came before. It belongs to someone who has yet to come..."

Players:
1. mail-mi Robert Ford, Mafia Human [Exiled D7]
2. MiX Hector Escaton, Host [Killed N3] [Revived N5]
3. LaLight
4. scolapasta
5. A Drowned Kernel Clementine Pennyfeather, Host [Exiled D2]
6. faust Theresea Cullen, Town Human [Exiled D6]
7. Swowl Lee Sizemore, Town Human [Exiled D4]
8. WestCoastDidds Maeve Millay, Host [Killed D3] [Revived N3]
9. hypercube Charlotte Hale, Town Human [Exiled D1]
10. Glooble -> jotheonah Teddy Flood, Host [Killed N1] [Revived N2] [Exiled D5]
11. Awaclus Bernard Lowe, Host [Exiled D3]

Spectators: Galzria, 2.7

Subs: EFHW, jotheonah, chairs

Game Tracker:

Day 1 | Night 1
Day 2 | Night 2
Day 3 | Night 3
Day 4 | Night 4
Day 5 | Night 5
Day 6 | Night 6

The Rules:

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for any mafia game on this site.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play.

Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

The Standard Rules:
1. No communication between players outside of the game thread or shared QTs at any time. This includes passing references, jokes, or cases in other games or threads, whether in context or not.
2. If the game thread is locked, do not post. If you are unsure if something is locked, ask the mod by PM.
3. Direct or verbatim quoting of mod-provided information is strictly forbidden. Paraphrasing is okay.
4. Actions with instructions that do not specify a game state will be resolved in the order they are received.
5. Players must post once every 24 hours.
6. Do not edit or delete posts, ever. If you need to clarify or correct something, post again.
7. Invisible text, font size less than 10, and spoiler tags are not allowed.
8. Cryptography is not allowed.
9. The time between a consensus being reached and a flip being provided is called twilight. All players may continue posting during this time, including the exiled player.
10. Dead players may not post in thread or QT, except their Role QT. An exiled player is not "dead" until a flip has been provided.
11. Personal multimedia, such as video or audio recordings, are not allowed in the game thread.
12. Any tools to aid in creating or imitating randomness are not permitted in-thread or shared QTs.

The Voting Rules:
1. Votes should be in this format: Vote: Playername. Unambigiuous nicknames are acceptable.
2. Unvotes should be in this format: Unvote or Unvote: Playername.
3. Unvotes are not required if changing your vote from one player to another.
4. You may Vote: No Exile. If a majority is reached here, no player will be exiled that day.
5. Exiles occur when a simple majority (rounded up) of living players is reached. Once reached, an exile cannot be undone.
6. If a majority consensus is not reached by the Day's deadline, no one is exlied.

The Rest:
1. Blue text is reserved for the Mod. No other player may use it.
2. If you have an issue or problem with the game, please PM the Mod. Do not post complaints in the game thread.
3. Mods make mistakes - please point them out gently. If they can be corrected, they will. If irreversible, they will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. If a mod error disadvantages one faction greatly, the game may be called off.
5. Ask all questions and make all requests directly to the Mod via PM. Questions deemed as "universal" (defined as questions for which the answers should be available to all players) will be requested to be re-posted in the Game Thread and answered there.
6. One prod will be issued after 48 hours without posting in the game thread. Players are subject to replacement or modkill after one prod.
7. All rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, as determined by the mod.
8. Each player will receive their own QT, regardless of role. Don't quote from it. Quoting from these Personal QTs to a factional QT is allowed.

Deadlines:
1. Days will last ~seven IRL days.
2. Nights will last ~two IRL days.
3. Night action phase submission deadline will be roughly 36 hours after the night begins.
4. Nights may be shortened in certain cases to speed up the game.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 08:04:51 pm by Archetype »

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM57 : Westworld Mafia
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 05:19:11 pm »

This is a closed, 11-player RMM game designed by Archetype. This is a fairly complex RMM that features unique abilities alongside new spins on old favorites.

Flavor for this game comes from the HBO Sci Fi Drama Westworld. Characters and the powers they utilize are influenced by the first season of the series. Spoilers do abound, so I would suggest shying away if you ever plan on watching on the show (or do play if you think your memory will be hazy enough :))).

Each player will receive a Personal QT with the first post detailing their Role: their Character Name, Alignment, Win Condition, and Abilities. It’s important to note that a character’s relative ‘goodness’ in the show has no bearing on their relative ‘goodness’ in this game as Character Names are assigned relatively independently of Alignment.

Additionally, each player will also be told that they’re either a Host or a Human. When anyone dies, their Character Name will be revealed along with their Host/Human designation. When a Human dies, their alignment will be revealed. A Host, on the other hand, will not have their alignment revealed upon death.

Players in the game are also either Living or Dead. Everyone starts the game as Living, but become Dead when killed or eliminated. Living players can vote and post in-thread and Dead players cannot. There is at least one player in this game with the ability Maintenance (see sample PM) which allows for a Host that is otherwise Dead to again become Living. As such, a Dead Host will not be invited to join the Spectators Chat until there is no way for them to return or affect the game.

Each role’s abilities will also name which types (Living/Dead) of players in the game it can target (if it’s a targeted action). Players cannot use their abilities while dead or self-target unless otherwise noted. Players may also have access to additional factional abilities depending upon their alignment. A sample Role is below:

Character Name: Angela - Host
Alignment: Town
Win Condition: You win when all Mafia-aligned players are Dead and there is at least one Living Town Host.

Abilities:

1. Welcome to Westworld (Dead/Living): Each Night, you may post Reveal: [Player Name] in your QT. That player will be told that you are a Host.

2. Maintenance (Living): While Dead, each Day you may post Request: [Player Name] in your QT. At the end of the Day, if the requested player is a Living Human and you are a Dead Host, you will enter Analysis Mode with them at the beginning of the Night. During that Night, you may talk to each other privately. They may post Fix in their Personal QT to have you become Living at the beginning of the next Day.

Please do note that Day actions will only be resolved when I’m online and done in the order they were submitted. I will be doing my best to check Personal QTs often and will notify players when I’ve resolved any submissions. Please also note that Night actions are due 36 hours after it begins.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 11:09:08 am by Archetype »

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: RMM57: Westworld Mafia
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 05:34:38 pm »

/tag
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 05:38:06 pm »

/in
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 05:48:19 pm »

Maintenance (Living): While Dead, each Day you may post Request: [Player Name] in your QT. At the end of the Day, if the requested player is a Living Human, you will enter Analysis Mode with them at the beginning of the Night. During that Night, you may talk to each other privately. They may post Fix in their Personal QT to become Living at the beginning of the next Day.

When you say "to become Living", I presume it's referring to the person with Maintenance, not to the Living Human that was the target, right?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 05:49:13 pm »

Maintenance (Living): While Dead, each Day you may post Request: [Player Name] in your QT. At the end of the Day, if the requested player is a Living Human, you will enter Analysis Mode with them at the beginning of the Night. During that Night, you may talk to each other privately. They may post Fix in their Personal QT to become Living at the beginning of the next Day.

When you say "to become Living", I presume it's referring to the person with Maintenance, not to the Living Human that was the target, right?
Correct! I just modified that for clarity

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 05:53:14 pm »

Okay, cool.

/in

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2020, 05:58:02 pm »

/in a hundred  times
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2020, 06:52:37 pm »

Huh, I'm planning on watching S1 of this next week!

/in
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 07:12:23 pm »

/in

Is the "maintenance" in the PM exactly how it will work it the game, or is this just a sample of how such an ability could work?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2020, 08:00:26 pm »

/in

Is the "maintenance" in the PM exactly how it will work it the game, or is this just a sample of how such an ability could work?
That is how the ability will work

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2020, 02:08:50 am »

/in
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2020, 02:29:48 am »

/tag
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2020, 03:41:39 am »

/in
Alternatively I could /comod as it seems that the setup requires a decent amount of modding work based on your caveat.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2020, 07:35:05 am »

/in
Alternatively I could /comod as it seems that the setup requires a decent amount of modding work based on your caveat.
Whichever you’d like! There’s a few things where having a comod would be nice, but I also think you’d really enjoy playing.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2020, 02:14:51 am »

/in
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2020, 11:06:08 am »

/in, please
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2020, 04:28:37 pm »

I'll also note that I don't intend on starting this game until mail-mi's game has completed/is nearing completion.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2020, 05:04:16 pm »

/in
I have sigs off.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2020, 12:09:22 pm »

/in

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2020, 01:43:43 pm »

/in
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2020, 06:56:43 pm »

There’s our 11! Anyone else is welcome to /tag to join the spectators or help with modding stuff.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2020, 07:15:21 am »

/sub

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2020, 04:44:48 pm »

/tag and available to replace.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2020, 05:51:40 am »

Great! I’ll probably keep you guys outside of the spectators chat just for maximum fairness when swapping in if you need to.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 19 queries.