Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36  All

Author Topic: M128: Dragonborn Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 95121 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: M128: Dragonborn Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #750 on: July 14, 2020, 05:33:35 pm »

Galzria wall is really hard to read considering he mixed up red and white.

I'm not even sure if that counts as a townslip.

Who doesn't think Swowl is scum?

Thank you! I was like ... what?

It would count as a townslip if you hadn't pointed out me doing something similar. Now there's too great a chance scum!Galz does it on purpose.

My bad on the colors. But as I was merely pointing out all possibilities the colors are actually irrelevant. Could be Yellow and Purple and it would all still be accurate. I do get that it can be mentally confusing though, so sorry about that!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 14, 2020, 05:41:11 pm »

Galz, how much experience do you have playing with MiX?

We're reading him opposite ways, but he's also  a bit of a weird player (no offense MiX) whom I have a lot of experience with.

I have quite a bit of experience with him and contrary to...:

We're reading him opposite ways, but he's also  a bit of a weird player (no offense MiX) whom I have a lot of experience with.

Galz has a hard time seeing me as town.

Also, none taken, I'm proud of that  :P

My general take with MiX is that I always find him scummy D1, but rarely vote for him over it. That’s largely because I’m generally decent at switching that read when he’s actually Town as the game goes on.

That said, there isn’t anything that strikes me as crazy scummy from MiX this game, it’s just PoE. There’s two town in {Swowl, MiX, Shraeye, EFHW, Joth}. I’m strong reading Shraeye as one. That only leaves one more amongst the remaining four... and MiX just isn’t topping that list for me.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 14, 2020, 05:42:30 pm »

I keep trying to type out a VCA but everytime i get into it the conclusion is just the same as before.. which is not helpful.

Day 1 Joth and MiX were the campers on the TownvTown Wagons, whereas Shraeye and Yuma spent the crucial part of the day voting for 1-offs (galz and E! I think) and then both came on in the end to even out the wagons voting for ADK. Galz was looking for ladybugs or something all day, so idk what to make of that.

Then Day 2 Mix is with me on ADK. Galz, Yuma, Joth all on WCD. Shraeye not voting.

So yeah, to keep it short...

long list is
- MiX/Shraeye
- gap
- Galz
- gap
- Joth/Yuma.

i believe the two least likely players to be MCMC's team mate are Joth and Yuma, which is why they are down on the list. I believe the most likely players to be skum in general are MiX, Shraeye, Galz. There is a gap on Galz, because it is based off of VCA that doesn't effing work in this game. So for today - I am MiX or Shraeye.

I am gonna go do some iso's but for now - Vote: MiX

🐞🐞🐞

Mafia Record:

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 14, 2020, 06:43:57 pm »

I keep trying to type out a VCA but everytime i get into it the conclusion is just the same as before.. which is not helpful.

Day 1 Joth and MiX were the campers on the TownvTown Wagons, whereas Shraeye and Yuma spent the crucial part of the day voting for 1-offs (galz and E! I think) and then both came on in the end to even out the wagons voting for ADK. Galz was looking for ladybugs or something all day, so idk what to make of that.

Then Day 2 Mix is with me on ADK. Galz, Yuma, Joth all on WCD. Shraeye not voting.

long list is
- MiX/Shraeye
- gap
- Galz
- gap
- Joth/Yuma.

i believe the two least likely players to be MCMC's team mate are Joth and Yuma, which is why they are down on the list. I believe the most likely players to be skum in general are MiX, Shraeye, Galz. There is a gap on Galz, because it is based off of VCA that doesn't effing work in this game. So for today - I am MiX or Shraeye.

🐞🐞🐞

What?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 14, 2020, 06:48:27 pm »

long list is
- MiX/Shraeye
- gap
- Galz
- gap
- Joth/Yuma.

🐞🐞🐞

What?

He said I was looking for ladybugs...

Mafia Record:

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 14, 2020, 07:52:49 pm »

Oh is that what those are
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 14, 2020, 08:40:16 pm »

Did you not know what ladybugs were?

Obv!scum

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 14, 2020, 09:30:41 pm »

long list is
- MiX/Shraeye
- gap
- Galz
- gap
- Joth/Yuma.

The fact that Swowl is default looking for mcmcs partner...yup

I'm still not forgetting the VCA from earlier that "implicated" ADK but just skipped right past the if-ADK-is-town portion.

Vote: Swowl

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 14, 2020, 09:31:35 pm »

Oh no I saw that the doctor was doing an incredible amount of self-pres.

When did you notice the doctor doing self-pres?  What did you do because of that?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 14, 2020, 09:45:27 pm »

long list is
- MiX/Shraeye
- gap
- Galz
- gap
- Joth/Yuma.

I'm still not forgetting the VCA from earlier that "implicated" ADK but just skipped right past the if-ADK-is-town portion.

You are bringing up... again... the implication of ADK. To which I IMMEDIATELY responded to you saying all of day 1 I skum read them and wrote the VCA up from a "if they are skum" pov. Did not hide it. Openly stated it. Don't know why you are hung up on it.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 14, 2020, 10:15:26 pm »

Did you not know what ladybugs were?

Obv!scum

They kind of looked like Majora's Mask to me
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 14, 2020, 10:17:53 pm »

I have quite a bit of experience with him and contrary to...:

Galz has a hard time seeing me as town.

Also, none taken, I'm proud of that  :P

My general take with MiX is that I always find him scummy D1, but rarely vote for him over it. That’s largely because I’m generally decent at switching that read when he’s actually Town as the game goes on.

That said, there isn’t anything that strikes me as crazy scummy from MiX this game, it’s just PoE. There’s two town in {Swowl, MiX, Shraeye, EFHW, Joth}. I’m strong reading Shraeye as one. That only leaves one more amongst the remaining four... and MiX just isn’t topping that list for me.

((If you’re looking for an exact reference: MiX joined the site 24 games ago (including current ongoing games) - he and I have played together in 13 of those, and we’ve also played a lot of Drunk Mafia on Jimmmmm’s site))

Mafia Record:

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 14, 2020, 10:21:57 pm »

I'm settling on Swowl and MiX as my townreads. But I don't have theories yet as to which of the others are red or white. I had thought of joth as white, but others seem to think he is red. I think I'll stick with my Shraeye vote and will continue ISO's tomorrow.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 14, 2020, 11:03:50 pm »

I'm settling on Swowl and MiX as my townreads. But I don't have theories yet as to which of the others are red or white. I had thought of joth as white, but others seem to think he is red. I think I'll stick with my Shraeye vote and will continue ISO's tomorrow.

Why is swowl a town read for you?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 15, 2020, 01:57:07 am »

Also we don't really wanna kill red scum.

Vote: Swowl, I'm ready. It's less pressure odds, this is fine.

1) I obviously did not know he was a doctor at the time.
2) The term you were looking for is "exile" or "lynch"... not "kill".
3) According to your own logic, it is not less pressure. In less pressure you don't care who skum is, as long as they are skum.

The concept of not wanting to lynch "red skum" is ridiculous. Yes, it would be fantastic if we find MCMC's partner... but the fact of the matter is that lynching any skum is better than a mis lynch. So unless ya'll got some freeking super powers that helps you hone in based on skum color, I would say that everyone that is suggesting it is ridiculous and boarderline skummy.

7 alive. 3 skum. 3 town. 1 IC.
Looking at that from my pov, or anyone that is actually town, that is choosing 3 skum out of 5 total choices. Or.. if you wanna make it super convoluted, you can try to find 1 skum out of 5 total.
The fact that people have tried to steer the conversation and general thought towards the latter is in its own - skummy.

There are

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: July 15, 2020, 02:56:50 am »

Why is swowl a town read for you?
I isoed him and his posts feel free of any agenda. He writes long posts that feel very much like town!him.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 15, 2020, 03:01:36 am »

@Swowl,  you've got it backwards. People are advocating looking for white scum rather than mcmc's red partner.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 15, 2020, 07:02:54 am »

When did you notice the doctor doing self-pres?  What did you do because of that?

I voted for them because I thought they were scum.

I did that like all of D2 and SoD3.

@Swowl,  you've got it backwards. People are advocating looking for white scum rather than mcmc's red partner.

I blame Galzria's confusion  :P

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 15, 2020, 07:40:05 am »

What's self-pres?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 15, 2020, 09:13:55 am »

What's self-pres?

Self-preservation, which in this case is hammering twice (yes, twice) when you're the alternative.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 15, 2020, 10:36:58 am »

I voted for them because I thought they were scum.

I did that like all of D2 and SoD3.

Ah, ok.  It wasn't meant to be a veiled criticism, I just didn't understand exactly what you meant.  Carry on.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 15, 2020, 12:46:31 pm »

Put a comma between "them" and "because" and you'll get a less agressive answer, which should match with your questions after that clarification.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 15, 2020, 01:07:24 pm »

long list is
- MiX/Shraeye
- gap
- Galz
- gap
- Joth/Yuma.

Was this X-1?

Joth (726), MiX (749), Shraeye (757)?

Can we get a VC?

Vote: MiX

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 15, 2020, 01:12:15 pm »

long list is
- MiX/Shraeye
- gap
- Galz
- gap
- Joth/Yuma.

Was this X-1?

Joth (726), MiX (749), Shraeye (757)?

Can we get a VC?

Vote: MiX

((To be clear: I have no problem with the Swowl exile - I just don't want to accidently hammer it. Of the players on the wagon, MiX is the one that I think has the clearest chance of flipping scum based on PoE))

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 15, 2020, 01:14:58 pm »

Galz Vote Count 3.X

Swowl (3): Joth (726), MiX (749), Shraeye (757)
MiX (2): Swowl (748), Galz (772)

Not Voting: ADK, EFHW

With 7 Alive it takes 4 to Exile

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36  All

Page created in 1.995 seconds with 20 queries.