Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36  All

Author Topic: M128: Dragonborn Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 94331 times)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: M128: Dragonborn Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #725 on: July 13, 2020, 11:41:51 am »

Okay let's put in some effort I don't think shraeye vs EFHW is working.

Really? It is so clear to me that at least one of them is scum.

Right. One of them is red scum. But that's not what we want. At least, uh...not anymore? I did some math and the obvious thing is if we exile red scum, then tomorrow is 3v2 XLo, which kinda sucks? We can do much better if we get white instead.

Although you're right in that letting them talk was helpful.

If we get red scum we eliminate a nightkill. I'd have to crunch some numbers but that might improve our chances
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 13, 2020, 11:44:40 am »

jotheonah - Me, a townie
A Drowned Kernel - Our doctor, a townie
MiX - obvtown
shraeye - red scum or town

White scum, then, is among: Galzria, Swowl, EFHW
my strongest townread in that group is Galz.

so... vote: Swowl

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: M128: Dragonborn Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #727 on: July 13, 2020, 01:44:48 pm »

I am finding this latest turn from shraeye to be very town!shraeye BUT I can't help but notice that town!shraeye came out right after people started voting for him. Isn't this very similar to what someone (I want to say mail-mi) was accusing Didds of? Steering hard into her town meta when she started to get votes?

Joth, are you still scumreading me because of this?  I thoguht I'd question you to draw it out at the time, didn't work.  You need to look back more closely. 
A) ADK was the only person who had voted for me and (B) I showed up after prodded.   
You might be thinking about yuma, who voted me AFTER I showed up.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 13, 2020, 01:49:11 pm »

Also, ADK/MiX.  I already crunched those numbers and showed my results.

It's clear that we need to find the hidden team.

This is why despite finding mcmcs partner, im not voting there
This is why the OMGUS vote EFHW threw out was doubly scummy.  She says bad case means I'm scum, but didn't think for a moment if I was mcmcs partner or not, which absolutely matters.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 13, 2020, 02:09:14 pm »

I am finding this latest turn from shraeye to be very town!shraeye BUT I can't help but notice that town!shraeye came out right after people started voting for him. Isn't this very similar to what someone (I want to say mail-mi) was accusing Didds of? Steering hard into her town meta when she started to get votes?

Joth, are you still scumreading me because of this?  I thoguht I'd question you to draw it out at the time, didn't work.  You need to look back more closely. 
A) ADK was the only person who had voted for me and (B) I showed up after prodded.   

At this point I'm not exactly scumreading you so much for that.  Instead, the fact that you were the one to suggest hunting specifically for the other team suggests that you're either town or you're mcmc's partner. So my point in that last post was that, whether you're scum or not, for the purposes of finding white scum I'm counting you out  today.

Which brings me to... between Galz, EFHW, and Swowl,  which one do you think is town and why?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 13, 2020, 02:09:47 pm »

Which brings me to... between Galz, EFHW, and Swowl,  which one do you think is town and why?

MiX and ADK, same question.

He/him

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 13, 2020, 03:08:36 pm »

At this point I'm not exactly scumreading you so much for that.  Instead, the fact that you were the one to suggest hunting specifically for the other team suggests that you're either town or you're mcmc's partner. So my point in that last post was that, whether you're scum or not, for the purposes of finding white scum I'm counting you out  today.

None of the above.   I'm feeling mostly sure MiX is town.  You're the most unknown variable.

I've got independent reasons for Galz and Swowl, but I haven't yet rescanned focusing on them as a pair to see if it that partnership checks out.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 13, 2020, 05:04:19 pm »

MiX and ADK, same question.

EFHW, I guess. More like yuma.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 13, 2020, 07:47:43 pm »

back from camping. Sorry it ran a half day longer then expected. It was rad though. I will read up now.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 13, 2020, 09:11:27 pm »

Vote count 3.1

shraeye (1): EFHW
Swowl (1): jotheonah

Not Voting (5): A Drowned Kernel, Swowl, MiX, shraeye, Galzria

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to exile. Day 3 ends Friday, 17th of July, at 6:30 FT.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: July 13, 2020, 09:26:16 pm »

This is why the OMGUS vote EFHW threw out was doubly scummy.  She says bad case means I'm scum, but didn't think for a moment if I was mcmcs partner or not, which absolutely matters.

You're right, I didn't think about that. It seems like there have been comments on both sides of the issue of which scum team to try to target. My first instinct would be to get mcmc's partner so there is one less nk. What is the advantage of looking for the white team instead? Hoping red and white will kill each other?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 13, 2020, 10:11:15 pm »

I am leaning EFHW. But I do want to hear more from galz
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 13, 2020, 10:11:32 pm »

Joth - why is Galz a TR for you?
real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 14, 2020, 12:03:44 am »

Alright. First off. Permutations from where we're at (Since there seems to be some confusion surrounding this - and what is "best" for us right now):

7 Alive:
- 2 Red
- 1 White
- 3 Town VT
- 1 IC Doc

Scenario's 1-9: We exile VT today
Scenario 10: We exile White today
Scenario's 11-17: We exile Red today

Scenario 1:
--- Exile VT
-- Red Shoots VT
-- White Shoots VT
-- Shots do not Cross-Fire, Doc does not proc
-- Day 4: 4 Alive
- 2 Red
- 1 White
- 1 IC Doc
--- Draw/Town Win
*** - This leads to No Exile, White Shoots Red, Red must shoot White (if they shoot ADK then final day is 1 Red, 1 White = Draw). ADK protects White to create a final day of 1:1:1. ADK forces no-exile and scum must shoot each other (If either shoots ADK they reset at best (both shoot ADK), or lose if the other scum shoots them). This means that Red must play WIFOM at night: Wanting to shoot ADK to remove this situation, but must also be worried about White playing defense by also shooting ADK. ***

Scenario 2:
--- Exile VT
-- Red Shoots Town
-- White Shoots Town
-- Shots do not Cross-Fire, Doc Procs
-- Day 4: 5 Alive
- 2 Red
- 1 White
- 2 Town (either both VT or {1 VT, 1 IC Doc} depending on Red/White target choices)
--- Exile Red: Draw/Town Win/Red Win/White Win. Exile White: Red Win. Exile Town: Draw/Town Win (ADK)/Red Win (No ADK)
*** This is a weird ExLo where town cannot Exile Town or White. Assuming a Red Exile, it's entirely down to night actions. If Red and White hit each other, Town wins. If Red hits White and White hits Town, Red wins (and vice versa). If Red and White hit separate Town Players, it's a 1v1 Draw. If Red and White hit the same Town Player, the next day is 2v1v1, goes to No-Exile, and essentially repeats. This ultimately ends in a Town Win, as Red must shoot White knowing White will never get exiled , and vice versa. This is true with or without ADK (With ADK, he either always Doctor's the last remaining Town if he knows who they are, and thus it's essentially a 1v1v1, or does nothing if he doesn't and is essentially VT) --- There's an edge case where in ExLo, if we exile the remaining VT and ADK is still alive he can Doctor White while White shoots Red. If Red shoots ADK then it's a 1v1 Draw. If Red Shoots White (Doctored) then it's 1v1v1 again. ***

Scenario 3:
--- Exile VT
-- Red Shoots Town
-- White Shoots Town
-- Shots Cross-Fire, Doc Proc doesn't matter
-- Day 4: 6 Alive
- 2 Red
- 1 White
- 2 Town VT
- 1 Doc
--- Undetermined
*** Lots of things can happen from here ***

Scenario 4:
--- Exile VT
-- Red Shoots White
-- White Shoots Town
-- Shots can not Cross-Fire, Doc does not Proc
- 2 Red
- 2 Town
--- Red Wins

Scenario 5:
--- Exile VT
-- Red Shoots White
-- White Shoots Town
-- Shots can not Cross-Fire, Doc Procs
-- Situation A:
- 2 Red
- 2 Town VT
- 1 IC Doc
--- Semi-Traditional Ex-Lo
-- Situation B:
- 2 Red
- 1 White
- 2 Town VT or {1 Town VT, 1 IC Doc}
--- See Second Scenario Above: Exile Red: Draw/Town Win/Red Win/White Win. Exile White: Red Win. Exile Town: Draw/Town Win (ADK)/Red Win (No ADK)

Scenario 6:
--- Exile VT
-- Red Shoots Town
-- White Shoots Red
- 1 Red
- 1 White
- 2 Town
--- See results from Second Scenario Above assuming Red-Exile: No Exile: Draw/Town Win/Red Win/White Win.

Scenario 7:
--- Exile VT
-- Red Shoots Town
-- White Shoots Red
Situation A:
- 1 Red
- 1 White
- 3 Town
--- Undetermined
Situation B:
- 2 Red
- 1 White
- 2 Town (either both VT or {1 VT, 1 IC Doc} depending on Red/White target choices)
--- See Second Scenario Above: Exile Red: Draw/Town Win/Red Win/White Win. Exile White: Red Win. Exile Town: Draw/Town Win (ADK)/Red Win (No ADK)

Scenario 8:
--- Exile VT
-- Red Shoots White
-- White Shoots Red
- 1 Red
- 2 Town VT
- 1 IC Doc
--- Traditional Me-Lo.

Scenario 9:
--- Exile VT
-- Red Shoots White
-- White Shoots Red
Situation A:
- 2 Red
- 2 Town VT
- 1 IC Doc
--- Semi-Traditional Ex-Lo
Situation B:
- 1 Red
- 1 White
- 2 Town VT
- 1 IC Doc
--- Undetermined

Scenario 10:
--- Exile White:
-- Red Shoots ADK
- 2 Red
- 3 Town VT
--- Traditional Ex-Lo

Scenario 11:
--- Exile Red
-- Red Shoots Town
-- White Shoots Town
-- Shots do not Cross-Fire, Doc does not Proc
- 1 Red
- 1 White
- 2 Town
--- See results from Second Scenario Above assuming Red-Exile: No Exile: Draw/Town Win/Red Win/White Win.

Scenario 12:
--- Exile Red
-- Red Shoots Town
-- White Shoots Town
-- Shots do not Cross-Fire, Doc Procs
- 1 Red
- 1 White
- 3 Town
--- Undetermined

Scenario 13:
--- Exile Red
-- Red Shoots Town
-- White Shoots Town
-- Shots Cross-Fire, Doc Proc doesn't matter
-- Day 4: 6 Alive
- 1 Red
- 1 White
- 3 Town VT
- 1 IC Doc
--- Undetermined

Scenario 14:
--- Exile Red
-- Red Shoots White
-- White Shoots Town
- 1 Red
- 3 Town
--- Traditional MeLo
**After Red Exile, Scenario can flip Red/White**

Scenario 15:
--- Exile Red
-- Red Shoots White
-- White Shoots Town
Situation A:
- 1 Red
- 1 White
- 3 Town
--- Undetermined
Situation B:
- 1 Red
- 3 Town VT
- 1 IC Doc
--- Undetermined, but good spot for Town
**After Red Exile, Scenario can flip Red/White**

Scenario 16:
--- Exile Red
-- Red Shoots White
-- White Shoots Red
--- Town Wins

Scenario 17:
--- Exile Red
-- Red Shoots White
-- White Shoots Red
- 1 Red or White
- 3 Town VT
- 1 IC Doc
--- Undetermined, but good spot for Town

Conclusions:

I do not think it's entirely as clear as Shraeye makes it out to be that Exiling Red is strictly better than Exiling White here - but it's pretty damn close. With the exception of Scenario 11, most of the other scenario's are basically either on par (eh, it's weird still with a few multi-faction scenario's) with Scenario 10 or in many cases better than Scenario 10. So we almost certainly want to be hunting for the two Red's and not Mcmc's partner.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 14, 2020, 12:17:00 am »

As far as my re-read today went, I kinda focused on a few key things:

- There are two other town players (discounting ADK here) besides myself. That's 2 from {Swowl, MiX, Joth, EFHW, Shraeye}
- There is one partner with Mcmc
- There are two unknown partnered Scum

My most consistent town read is Shraeye. While he's been as quiet as I have for the most part, every time he's been prodded I've really felt like he was driving to find scum and challenging posts in a way that's consistent with town!Shraeye. At the very least anyway, I've found myself agreeing with his questions and points. He's also the only other person today to approach the day recognizing that there's two town (assuming he's town) that he needs to identify. That's an extremely town oriented approach to take because it carries with it the base assumption that he himself IS town - scum tend to focus more on/care more about "finding the remaining scum" and don't have that mindset.

Yuma/EFHW I've expressed why I struggle to see as scum. It's a bad line of reasoning, but it's what my gut tells me having played with Yuma for years and years. Discounting that, I see them on the same plane as Joth. I think one is town and one is scum, but I don't know which.

MiX/Swowl are the two that have the least "town" feel to me based on gut read. I want to look at some VCA with them, but I think it's safe to say that I would be comfortable exiling either.

Really will not lynch:
ADK
Galzria

Will not lynch:
Shraeye

Don't want to lynch, but one is almost definitely scum:
EFHW
Joth

Would lynch:
MiX
Swowl

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 14, 2020, 12:18:11 am »

Sorry. My fingers so naturally type "lynch" and not "exile". I had to go back and make a million edits to try and fix that in my permutations post. If I'm not consciously aware of it and checking myself, it's just ingrained. Gonna take me awhile to break that habit.

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 14, 2020, 03:27:57 am »

As far as my re-read today went, I kinda focused on a few key things:

- There are two other town players (discounting ADK here) besides myself. That's 2 from {Swowl, MiX, Joth, EFHW, Shraeye}
- There is one partner with Mcmc
- There are two unknown partnered Scum

My most consistent town read is Shraeye. While he's been as quiet as I have for the most part, every time he's been prodded I've really felt like he was driving to find scum and challenging posts in a way that's consistent with town!Shraeye. At the very least anyway, I've found myself agreeing with his questions and points. He's also the only other person today to approach the day recognizing that there's two town (assuming he's town) that he needs to identify. That's an extremely town oriented approach to take because it carries with it the base assumption that he himself IS town - scum tend to focus more on/care more about "finding the remaining scum" and don't have that mindset.

Yuma/EFHW I've expressed why I struggle to see as scum. It's a bad line of reasoning, but it's what my gut tells me having played with Yuma for years and years. Discounting that, I see them on the same plane as Joth. I think one is town and one is scum, but I don't know which.

MiX/Swowl are the two that have the least "town" feel to me based on gut read. I want to look at some VCA with them, but I think it's safe to say that I would be comfortable exiling either.

Really will not lynch:
ADK
Galzria

Will not lynch:
Shraeye

Don't want to lynch, but one is almost definitely scum:
EFHW
Joth

Would lynch:
MiX
Swowl

So there is all skum in [MiX, Swowl, EFHW, Joth] and 100% of MiX/Swowl is skum? That is how that reads right?
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 14, 2020, 06:22:18 am »

Galzria wall is really hard to read considering he mixed up red and white.

I'm not even sure if that counts as a townslip.

Who doesn't think Swowl is scum?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 14, 2020, 08:42:59 am »

Galzria wall is really hard to read considering he mixed up red and white.

I'm not even sure if that counts as a townslip.

Thank you! I was like ... what?

It would count as a townslip if you hadn't pointed out me doing something similar. Now there's too great a chance scum!Galz does it on purpose.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 14, 2020, 08:45:42 am »

Galz, how much experience do you have playing with MiX?

We're reading him opposite ways, but he's also  a bit of a weird player (no offense MiX) whom I have a lot of experience with.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 14, 2020, 09:03:31 am »

Galz, how much experience do you have playing with MiX?

We're reading him opposite ways, but he's also  a bit of a weird player (no offense MiX) whom I have a lot of experience with.

Galz has a hard time seeing me as town.

Also, none taken, I'm proud of that  :P

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 14, 2020, 11:58:56 am »

Joth - why is Galz a TR for you?

I always have a hard time articulating these things.  I think disengaged/working hard to engage Galz is more often town Galz. The big post he just did was pretty towny. He seems to be seeing the game in a towny way.

As others have pointed out, the current situation is a bit like Less Pressure and I have a town tell that often works in LP that's working here. idk. Nothing rock-solid.

He/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 14, 2020, 02:37:20 pm »

<--- this guy
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 14, 2020, 03:36:06 pm »

I keep trying to type out a VCA but everytime i get into it the conclusion is just the same as before.. which is not helpful.

Day 1 Joth and MiX were the campers on the TownvTown Wagons, whereas Shraeye and Yuma spent the crucial part of the day voting for 1-offs (galz and E! I think) and then both came on in the end to even out the wagons voting for ADK. Galz was looking for ladybugs or something all day, so idk what to make of that.

Then Day 2 Mix is with me on ADK. Galz, Yuma, Joth all on WCD. Shraeye not voting.

So yeah, to keep it short...

long list is
- MiX/Shraeye
- gap
- Galz
- gap
- Joth/Yuma.

i believe the two least likely players to be MCMC's team mate are Joth and Yuma, which is why they are down on the list. I believe the most likely players to be skum in general are MiX, Shraeye, Galz. There is a gap on Galz, because it is based off of VCA that doesn't effing work in this game. So for today - I am MiX or Shraeye.

I am gonna go do some iso's but for now - Vote: MiX
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 14, 2020, 04:20:46 pm »

Oh no I saw that the doctor was doing an incredible amount of self-pres.

Also we don't really wanna kill red scum.

Vote: Swowl, I'm ready. It's less pressure odds, this is fine.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.