Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36  All

Author Topic: M128: Dragonborn Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 94327 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M128: Dragonborn Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #575 on: July 06, 2020, 10:41:35 pm »

Actually... yeah. I can see that.

vote: shraeye

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 06, 2020, 11:26:36 pm »

*Swowl does VCA*
This really looks like you first thought ADK was scum, THEN did an analysis.

You say "if ADK is town, then scum were ok with either wagon" but then conclude there are 2-3 scum on scola's wagon...is that true even if ADK is town?? why would that make scum want to be on scola's wagon more than ADKs?

Why are you ignoring where the kills were?

I pushed for ADK all of Day 1 - so yes, I did my VCA under two scenarios, and one is where my lead skum pick "could be skum". Not quite sure what is weird about that.

I also went into fairly decent detail on why I was "ignoring" where the kills were - but in a nutshell, again... I think that boiled down, the importance of Skum Team A shooting Skum Team B, or vice versa, would of been so overly important to them in comparison to stuff like "wagon placement and how to use it for choosing the NK". Which I think is pretty solid point actually. You really think skum from Skum Team A is gonna be like "oh yeah I reallllllllyyyyy think Player X is other skum team... but man... it would limit the on/off wagon pool so let's just kill someone that is probably town"? - yeah that is never happening.

Also, more simplistically - Skum team A does not know who is on the other skum team, and vice versa... so even if all the skums went into night with like zero reads... it still really wouldn't mean all that much... except for like how they could be split... which I think I also pointed out.

I feel like I said all of this already? Am I crazy?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 06, 2020, 11:28:56 pm »

the Margrave is NOT FUN in a three person game.

Fixed it. 

Also, did you agree with Swow's conclusions on his analysis?  What did you take away from his post?

Fair enough. But it’s especially bad when you margraved twice!

It had reread qualities, although it’s more VCA than anything. The length was rereadish. Here is what I know about DatSwoel...VCA is his thing, but when he’s using it up steer a game, it’s when he’s scum. Best evidence was in the customer service game we just finished. Scum!Swowl and scum!yuma exhibition there.

In VCA's defense.... I have also ridden that beezy into some cool wins, and some goulish losses... both as town not skum. I once used it so much as town it somehow drove Town!Awaclus to self hammer. I shit you not.
real good. That’s how

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 07, 2020, 01:35:48 am »

Reading shraeye's what appears to be stream of conscious posting and swowl's reply....

I don't want to exile either of them today
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 07, 2020, 06:33:22 am »

the Margrave is NOT FUN in a three person game.

Fixed it. 

Also, did you agree with Swow's conclusions on his analysis?  What did you take away from his post?

Fair enough. But it’s especially bad when you margraved twice!

It had reread qualities, although it’s more VCA than anything. The length was rereadish. Here is what I know about DatSwoel...VCA is his thing, but when he’s using it up steer a game, it’s when he’s scum. Best evidence was in the customer service game we just finished. Scum!Swowl and scum!yuma exhibition there.

In VCA's defense.... I have also ridden that beezy into some cool wins, and some goulish losses... both as town not skum. I once used it so much as town it somehow drove Town!Awaclus to self hammer. I shit you not.

Now that's a moment for history.

Reading shraeye's what appears to be stream of conscious posting and swowl's reply....

I don't want to exile either of them today

That's where I'm at too.

Still see no reason to move my vote from ADK.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 07, 2020, 09:20:35 am »

MiX, what do you think about Yuma?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 07, 2020, 09:24:08 am »

I’m caught up. Having a hard time parsing much together because we got 3 town flips that are likely townies who were being scumread by both town and scum.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 07, 2020, 09:24:30 am »

Hey, game is real slow right now. I will go back through again tonight or tomorrow, specifically looking at ADK again as well as what our exiled friends had to say

Did you get anything from this?
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M128: Dragonborn Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #583 on: July 07, 2020, 09:36:42 am »

Vote Count 1.final

scolapasta (7): WestCoastDidds, mcmcsalot, jotheonah, 2.71828....., Robz888, mail-mi, A Drowned Kernel
A Drowned Kernel (5): Swowl, MiX, yuma, shraeye, scolapasta
Not Voting (1): Galzria

With 13 alive it takes 7 to exile.

Happy 4th everyone!

I’ll get into this tomorrow.

But two separate scum teams made two separate choices and both chose on wagon players.
I’ll do the work tomorrow, but [Swowl, MiX, Yuma, Shraeye, Galz] will probably be a good jumping off point.

I think scum probably was focusing on two things:

- not targeting the same team as each other
- trying to hit the doctor

Neither of those considerations is particularly related to wagon position.

How does a scumteam focus on avoiding the other kill?

By avoiding obvious choices.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 07, 2020, 09:41:08 am »

Follow-up.  Why did you call Swowl's analysis a "reread"?

Shraeye, is the implication here that Swowl and Didds are partners, Swowl said something in the  night QT about planning to do a reread, and then Didds scumslipped by using that term even though Swowl hadn't?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: July 07, 2020, 09:42:40 am »

I am finding this latest turn from shraeye to be very town!shraeye BUT I can't help but notice that town!shraeye came out right after people started voting for him. Isn't this very similar to what someone (I want to say mail-mi) was accusing Didds of? Steering hard into her town meta when she started to get votes?

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 07, 2020, 09:43:29 am »

I’m caught up. Having a hard time parsing much together because we got 3 town flips that are likely townies who were being scumread by both town and scum.

This. Also, I miss Robzy. Was so excited to play with him again and then he was gone.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 07, 2020, 09:52:27 am »

Were they being scumread by town? I was townreading mail-mi and I feel like people were seeing town!Robz, although that's kinda hard due to how he plays scum.

MiX, what do you think about Yuma?

I think he's townie.

By avoiding obvious choices.

How do you do that? What's an "obvious" choice?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 07, 2020, 10:21:38 am »

How do you do that? What's an "obvious" choice?

People who have breadcrumbed a PR, people who are  universally or nearly-universally townread, people who get N1 NKd as a matter of course like faust...

He/him

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 07, 2020, 11:49:54 am »

Were they being scumread by town? I was townreading mail-mi and I feel like people were seeing town!Robz, although that's kinda hard due to how he plays scum.

Interesting looking back other than my initial vote for mail-mi 2.7 is the only other person who voted mail-mi all day. Robz had a few votes but all were pretty much surrounding his self vote and he was getting townreads towards the end of the day. Maybe scum was doctor hunting then? They were both pro doctor claim which feel like if anything it would point to not being the doctor but wifom for sure.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 07, 2020, 12:36:22 pm »

Shraeye, is the implication here that Swowl and Didds are partners, Swowl said something in the  night QT about planning to do a reread, and then Didds scumslipped by using that term even though Swowl hadn't?
That was the angle I wanted to hear Didds elaborate on.

I am finding this latest turn from shraeye to be very town!shraeye BUT I can't help but notice that town!shraeye came out right after people started voting for him. Isn't this very similar to what someone (I want to say mail-mi) was accusing Didds of? Steering hard into her town meta when she started to get votes?
Can you explain the "BUT" again?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 07, 2020, 01:42:58 pm »

It's pretty straightforward. I feel like you just  now showed up to play, and while that makes me happy, it does you no credit that you did so around the time a number of people started voting for you.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 07, 2020, 02:04:22 pm »

It's pretty straightforward. I feel like you just  now showed up to play, and while that makes me happy, it does you no credit that you did so around the time a number of people started voting for you.

He showed up when I prodded him.

At least that's the timing ITT maybe he was lurking.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 07, 2020, 02:46:36 pm »

so all of this inaccurate - but more funny is how the two of you are acting wayyyy more partnery/leady in the accusation of calling someone else partnery.
real good. That’s how

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 07, 2020, 03:30:25 pm »

vote: swowl

He/him

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 07, 2020, 03:33:28 pm »

so all of this inaccurate - but more funny is how the two of you are acting wayyyy more partnery/leady in the accusation of calling someone else partnery.

Yea I don’t see the didds/swowl connection here, but I also don’t think it is scummy of shraeye and joth to be discussing it.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 07, 2020, 03:34:28 pm »

vote: swowl

Did scum find each other? Cute.

I think you guys are wrong about ADK though.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 07, 2020, 03:37:11 pm »

What has been said about ADK?

which "you guys"?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 07, 2020, 03:39:45 pm »

What has been said about ADK?

which "you guys"?

You/joth and Swowl/Didds obviously :P

Not much, actually.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 07, 2020, 03:44:14 pm »

How am i wrong about ADK then????
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.