Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36  All

Author Topic: M128: Dragonborn Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 94345 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M128: Dragonborn Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: July 01, 2020, 08:55:29 am »

Just have to say, that was a fun read catching up. You all are so funny

Anything more specific to say?

Scola is a fine target, just want to watch it from the shadows.

Joth is town as others have realized.

Uh, what else?

Mail-mi is scummy, maybe I will get lucky and he will actually be scum

Yuma is probably scum, but I won't realize it until I am exiled off in the speccy

MiX is town

Other stuff is sure to come to mind eventually
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 01, 2020, 09:46:12 am »

Happy July! Holy smokes the summer is going slow/fast.

I ❤️ you, Joth. I will always come to your Ted Talk.

What’s up with Galzy? Swowl, is he alive? I’m not sure scum Galz is so absent. Especially on a 2-dude team. We’ve been exiling him early for lurking but he hasn’t been quite this absent in those games, so he’s staying on my town list with MiX, Joth, and Swowl. I think Shraeye is on that list too, and probably Rob.

Debatepro’s daughter turned 18 yesterday. Good gravy, people, that’s a full grown adult. She voted and bought lottery tickets. I was old before, but I’m really old now. In that arrested development, completely ageless college professor kind of way, obvi.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 01, 2020, 10:01:11 am »

Everyone please stop townreading me so hard I really don’t want to be the N1 kill.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 01, 2020, 10:14:16 am »

Everyone please stop townreading me so hard I really don’t want to be the N1 kill.
I am not. Your TED Talk was nice. But I will never post a full scum to chum. Parts and pieces sure, but I have no mind to tell scum everything I am thinking so they can manipulate me from that.

And you are right about new fds meta. It is quite different.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 01, 2020, 10:23:39 am »

Better, or just different?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 01, 2020, 10:34:37 am »

Better, or just different?
Probably better.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 01, 2020, 11:30:11 am »

This game is strange, because there are the two small teams, I feel like the patterns we are looking for are different.  I'm really not interested in the standard "A said something weird so they're scum".  ADK and scola both seem to be on the line for fake scumhunting, well nobody's incentivized to do that, so it's hardly a scumtepl here.  Neither exile feels wrong or awesome though.

I feel like our best bet is to pivot (PIVOT!!) to a totally different exile.  Rather than looking for who's defending who (which is gonna be so much more fruitful in standard 3-scum setup), we should look for who's playing it safest. 

Off the top of my head that's Galz, e, mail-mi.

Vote: Galz

I know some of that is not-aroundedness. But playing it safe isn't just a synonym for low post count.  Once I'm at a compy imma check my instincts

Scola isn’t on the line for fake scum hunting it’s more specifically voting with out a strong reason, explaining the vote later when pressed with an explaination that doesn’t hold up logically with what happened at the time. (Check my prior post about the setup discussion and mail-mi, ADK, myself, joth and robz reactions with scola picking robz our of that). He’s is also being accused of acting like newbie overly sheepish, overly qualifying scum, many of his posts have had unnecessary jokey tone or greetings and he has bent quietly to the votes and cases against him.

I get that scum has more insentive to truly scumhunt and so “poor reasoning” and fake scum hunting” are less than ideal cases in this setup but they are much better than a total lurker exile which is essentially what a galz vote is for.

And yet this is your first game with me. That jokey tome or greeting is very normal for me D1. Look at any of my past, ended games.

my vote did have a reason. Not strong, because, well, D1. I don't agree with my explanation not holding up with any logic, though I think people wondering why I picked Robz over the other doctor reveal early suggesters is sensible. But I also din't think it was illogical.

I'm not sure what you mean by overly sheepish and overly qualifying scum. I also think it's interesting that I could in theory be all these scum newbie things, but there's no allowance there for just general town newbie. (I have only played a handful of games on here, two of which I was gone by D2).

I don't agree with the ADK wagon (though of course pondered voting that way for self preservation). And I am worried about starting a new wagon, because I agree we don't want to wait until last minute to consolidate. So I haven't put a vote in.

But I've been told new wagons are not antitown (do you agree), so if that's the case, Ill throw a vote in, after all:

vote: mcmcsalot

I do agree with you that voting a lurker isn't very practical right now.

So it looks like we agree the vote was weak and your explanation was lacking the really solid logic of why specifically robz over others.

I do think it could be general newness as well but the fact that it is tied to you making a vote on someone leans new scum. New town is likely to hold on to their thought if its not strong or clear, new scum feels more compelled to contribute and thus might make a weaker less logically explainable vote.

Overly sheepish and qualifying behavior below. This could very well be how you talk, I have not played with you before but it think scum more often adds words that are unneeded because they sound better when reread:
Whew(qualifier), and my vote wasn't strictly rvs(sheepish, is it or isn't it and if its both maybe elaborate as more info comes about)

Ha, pretty sure(not strong opinion)

This is outside of game discussion and then tagged with the fact that you still like your robz vote but might consider didds or mix.(might consider indicates not a strong read on any of the players you have decided to talk about which is weird for town to do because if you only might consider why even mention it.)

Here you get voted for being one of the players who was saying you would vote for didds without actually voting for her and you give your reason then triple down on liking your robz vote which you have gone on to say is weak and was slightly rvs to start.

You then go back and reread at my pressure for a reason for your vote and it prompts you to unvote. So why during the three times were you still so confident that you needed to reitorate you still like the robz vote to then just go ah yea it's not a great vote. Obviously if you are town and just made a bad vote it sucks to then get more scumread for backing off but its that the pattern is not one of oh yea that vote was bad its an inbetween world where you think the vote was okay, its just day one, you reitorate a bunchm then you decide nevermind its bad. It seems like scum bending to pressure after having made a vote and read that didn't hold up.

A lot of this evidence is definitely not having played with me. Extra words like whew and all are definitely how I talk / type. And I I'm not really the kind of player to put out long posts and reasons. Maybe that's not ideal, so another reason I'm an OK D1 exile, but I do tend to post / be more useful on later D1s. i.e. D1 scola is never going to be particularly useful.

I do think your posts trying to "help" me read as town.

So, while I don't love hopping around, I'll need a new vote. I actually think voting for people defending me is not a bad idea.

vote: shraeye
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 01, 2020, 11:43:25 am »

Looks like the people I need to reread are scola, ADK, and shraeye? Can do.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 01, 2020, 11:44:02 am »

Who's on the shraeye wagon?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 01, 2020, 12:04:33 pm »

LaLi, when you get a chance can we have a vote count, please? And maybe prod Galz? Thank you!!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: July 01, 2020, 12:17:46 pm »

So is mcmc scumreading scola or what?

I feel like Robz has to be scum this game. Would he try this hard D1 as town? But I also feel like scum doesn't want to try hard in this setup anyway.

Basically I was town the last game I played, and my performance was pathetic, and I want to try harder. I've also realized it's easier for me to b invested, to form reads, etc, if I'm active from the get-go. If I get behind, it spirals and I don't catch up. So I'm specifically trying hard on purpose. (Which, yes, I would also be doing that as mafia, true.)
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 01, 2020, 12:18:37 pm »

Absent Galz is a bummer but it does not make me think he's scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 01, 2020, 01:24:26 pm »

Vote Count 1.5

scolapasta (3): WestCoastDidds, mcmcsalot, jotheonah
A Drowned Kernel (3): Swowl, MiX, Robz888
mail-mi (1): 2.71828.....
shraeye (2): A Drowned Kernel, scolapasta
Galzria(1): shraeye
mcmcsalot (1): yuma

Not Voting (2): Galzria, mail-mi

With 13 alive it takes 7 to exile.

Day 1 lasts until 11:00am FT on July 3, 2020.

Galzria has been prodded.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 01, 2020, 01:56:53 pm »

Pasta only has 3? I like more pressure there

Vote: scolapasta
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 01, 2020, 02:14:26 pm »

ADK only has 3? I like more pressure there

vote: ADK

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 01, 2020, 02:15:13 pm »

Also worth noting that soc and ADK aren't voting for each other.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 01, 2020, 02:20:13 pm »

obviously, that's because we're partners. </sarcasm>
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 01, 2020, 02:28:46 pm »

obviously, that's because we're partners. </sarcasm>

No, just scum from both factions

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 01, 2020, 02:43:44 pm »

Why is that worth noting?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 01, 2020, 02:44:43 pm »

Why is that worth noting?

Because it means we can combine these wagons into a lethal wagon without anyone having to self-vote.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 01, 2020, 02:48:01 pm »

Vote: Scola

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 01, 2020, 02:54:55 pm »

scola reread:

Nothing has stood out to me so far (currently on reply 270) other than that scola does feel slightly different than he has before. He's never been scum, so that does give him scumpoints.

Someone else pointed out his casual backing off. I notice here (in reply 271) that he agrees with his detractors. When I was newer scum, I found myself agreeing with people arguing against me, and then saying "but I'm not scum." So also some scumpoints there. Here's the quote, for reference:

That said, if you and Didds both seem to think I'm playing differently? Then maybe you're right, and I am (though not as scumapasta). which would lessen my reactions to Didds. I'm willing to consider that for sure.

Here's another post with the same vibe (#317):

Yuma, I can actually see the case, however mistaken, against me.

Why are you so sure I'm town?

which, why would you ask that last question? I don't get town or scum vibes off of it, just weird vibes. I feel like as town or scum you don't look a gift townread in the mouth. Maybe that's just me.

So overall scola comes off scummy to me. I'll need to reread others before I put a vote down, but I am happy with scola lynch if it happens.

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 01, 2020, 02:55:22 pm »

And Robz just voted for him.

intent to hammer, and all that.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 01, 2020, 02:55:48 pm »

And Robz just voted for him.

intent to hammer, and all that.

Want to wait for scola to see if he's the doctor (or if he claims doctor and gets counterclaimed.)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 01, 2020, 02:58:00 pm »

We should probably decide right now how to respond to a doctor claim at L1. Scum will inevitably try it in order to out the real doctor. As a town, we have to decide if we want to allow that to happen or not.

To all of you who say 'the doctor will do what the doctor will do', that's exactly the problem. If we leave it up to them then we'll never know whether lack of counterclaim means the doctor is on the chopping block or lack of a counterclaim  means the doctor is keeping quiet.

If we decide, as policy, we're going to ignore L-1 doctor claims then we're trading a small risk of exiling our doctor for extended doctor anonymity.
If we decide, as policy, we're going to believe L-1 doctor claims in the absence of a counterclaim, we're doing the opposite.
I can kind of see the argument either way, but I do think it benefits  us to put forth, agree to, and honor a policy.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 20 queries.