Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36  All

Author Topic: M128: Dragonborn Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 95107 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M128: Dragonborn Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #250 on: June 29, 2020, 02:36:49 pm »

Both of those posts came before people started calling you out and voting for you.

Exactly, so Didds didn't "go back" to posting like this. She just...posts like this.

What's getting me is the "Like," part of the post, which immediately follows the "I'm sorry I was scumhunting!" part of the post.

Like she's saying "See! I'm still myself, look at this question I'm asking ADK!"

She is saying that. There's no...deceit. She went back to it because she was thinking about things she would do if she had time to, and thus that gave her time to think of that question, so she asked it.

I can't really see how this has to be scummy thinking.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 29, 2020, 02:38:27 pm »

Wait, no one is voting for Didds? All this hullaballoo and no votes?

This also sticks out to me. Vote: Scolapasta for being a prime offender on this front.

All I did was not understand were didd's vote on me came from (as I didn't agree with the reasoning). I think it leads me to suspect her, but not so much that I'm ready to vote for her.

I do feel like her reaction is more defensive than I've seen in the past. But that might just be because she feels more pushed. Or Covid times are just making everyone a little stir crazy.

Still happy with my Robz vote.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 29, 2020, 02:39:53 pm »

I was late! I was trying to catch up! I’m usually early so feel no compunction whatsoever about chatting everyone up.

Like, how are the animals? And how are you?

"I was more urgent than normal! I usually have time to think of stuff to chat about, like, how are the animals ADK?"

That's how I interpret that sentence.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 29, 2020, 02:40:00 pm »

Ah, so those who scumread you are scum?

No, neither ADK nor e are on that list.

Scola is scum because I feel like he’s off. Yuma is scum based on the reasons for his votes, and you (and Scola) are scummy for beating a dead horse and trying to paint my interactions as forced, inauthentic, or deliberate...it’s taking up way too much space and distracting from anything important.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 29, 2020, 02:41:19 pm »

mail-mi is town
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 29, 2020, 02:42:43 pm »

I would like to point out that 90% of the games Didds says I'm "off", I'm scum. That should be enough to vote scola, right?

mail-mi is town

Yes, but who's scum?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 29, 2020, 02:44:04 pm »

Scola is scum because I feel like he’s off. Yuma is scum based on the reasons for his votes, and you (and Scola) are scummy for beating a dead horse and trying to paint my interactions as forced, inauthentic, or deliberate...it’s taking up way too much space and distracting from anything important.

The horse isn't dead because you're not exiled yet.

But you do have a point, I should look at what other people are doing as well.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 29, 2020, 02:46:16 pm »

(P.S. Didds, I love how friendly you are and I don't want the chatty fun to stop, btw.  :)  Just think this particular instance is scummy in the context of this game)

Thanks, yams. And thanks, MiX. I appreciate y’all.

I wear my feelings on the outside (thus the defensiveness). I know it’s just a game and no one is trying to be mean.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 29, 2020, 02:48:09 pm »

I would like to point out that 90% of the games Didds says I'm "off", I'm scum. That should be enough to vote scola, right?

This is a source of great pride for me.

Also, vote: Scola

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 29, 2020, 02:48:41 pm »

I think bringing up the potential of should the doctor claim or not is certainly pro town, it’s not necessarily towny because scum could do it as well. Sure it could be nefariously brought up to draw out reactions to find the doctor while looking towny but it doesn’t make the discussion itself anything other than pro-town.
It's not pro-town, AND not necessarily something a town would do more than scum.  Or vice versa.  It's the way every game starts, with an overwrought, not helpful in any way discussion about setup.  No thanks.

It was pro-town, otherwise I would not have said it. It's at least a way to start the game rather than RVS, which admittedly still happened but was much less than usual.
"It's pro-town because *I* said it" is so empty I can hear the air whooshing into the vacuum from here.

"At least it's something" is categorically not a defense to "it is not helpful"

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 29, 2020, 02:51:08 pm »

Well this will end up being self fulfilling (since I'm responding) - but I just want back to confirm my posts. Go do it yourselves: how could those be read as "beating a dead horse". I mean sure, maybe you were more referring to mail-mi there, but you deliberately chose to add "and scola". It does feel like you're trying hard to push a scumapasta narrative one where none really exists.

Now does that paint you as scum? I don't know, just that it makes me want to keep on eye on you.

And claiming this is taking time from anything important? I don't get that either. These back and forth discussions seem to usually be at least somewhat useful is trying to read people.

That said, I am completely willing to move on from this specific interaction right now. Who else should we be looking at?

Didds, do you think Robz is scum?

ppe 4
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 29, 2020, 02:53:20 pm »

Also, I now think MiX is likely town.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 29, 2020, 03:01:29 pm »

I think bringing up the potential of should the doctor claim or not is certainly pro town, it’s not necessarily towny because scum could do it as well. Sure it could be nefariously brought up to draw out reactions to find the doctor while looking towny but it doesn’t make the discussion itself anything other than pro-town.
It's not pro-town, AND not necessarily something a town would do more than scum.  Or vice versa.  It's the way every game starts, with an overwrought, not helpful in any way discussion about setup.  No thanks.

It was pro-town, otherwise I would not have said it. It's at least a way to start the game rather than RVS, which admittedly still happened but was much less than usual.
"It's pro-town because *I* said it" is so empty I can hear the air whooshing into the vacuum from here.

"At least it's something" is categorically not a defense to "it is not helpful"

While I disagree that it was not helpful I agree that mail-mi’s defense here of why it is helpful is pretty lame.

Also mail-mi has had a wild tunnel of wcd for what appears to be a pretty small and as E pointed out not very correct reason.

All that being said I’m not sure scum!mail-mi decides to do any of this. I think he crafts a better reason the opening post was helpful and I think he drops the weird wcd pressure when the votes dissapear. Also were in multi ball so scum is not looking to force exiles on players they no are town, they are trying to legitimately scumhunt so in this case I think this is mistaken town!mail-mi
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 29, 2020, 03:04:11 pm »

@scola- I’m not a very good person to ask about Robz. I’ve played in one game with him, and he exiled and then turned out to be an IC.

Mcmc is a better source! Or galzy.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 29, 2020, 03:12:59 pm »

I just reread scola and his posts read pretty scummy.

He only had 12 posts and has taken a lot of time to respond with a laugh or to non game specific content, he appears mostly to be trying to look towny and low key.

His robz vote came super early and he’s consistently re-affirmed it despite robz varying quite a bit in play and attitude and votes so far (meaning I find it hard to believe someone has had a singularly consistent read on him).

I have not played with scola before, he is coming across to me like newbie scum concerned mostly about looking towny.

Vote: scola
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 29, 2020, 03:31:09 pm »

Scolapasta is a good lunch.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 29, 2020, 03:35:14 pm »

Question for those who are scumreading Scola: how is this different than the scola we've seen in games past? He's been town in every game, and I'm not sure I see the difference.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 29, 2020, 03:35:42 pm »

Question for those who are scumreading Scola: how is this different than the scola we've seen in games past? He's been town in every game, and I'm not sure I see the difference.

Is scumhunting D1.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 29, 2020, 03:54:00 pm »

Well I've never played with him before!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 29, 2020, 04:08:13 pm »

Is scumhunting D1.

He is absolutely not playing as they always do. Still not sold on skum, but to say the same as always is a stretch.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 29, 2020, 04:18:31 pm »

Is scumhunting D1.

He is absolutely not playing as they always do. Still not sold on skum, but to say the same as always is a stretch.

I do legitimately find this surprising. I don't love D1s. I don't usually participate in RVS, so usually skip, but try to find some reason to favor voting someone over someone else. In this case it was Robz and how he was discussing the doctor claim, which I don't see much reason as that being prow town.

As always, I don't feel completely that strong, but I also don't see reason yet to switch votes. (if I find a better cause, or the vote goes dangerously up, I will, as always, reconsider)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 29, 2020, 04:20:02 pm »

That said, if you and Didds both seem to think I'm playing differently? Then maybe you're right, and I am (though not as scumapasta). which would lessen my reactions to Didds. I'm willing to consider that for sure.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 29, 2020, 04:21:26 pm »

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 29, 2020, 04:50:51 pm »

I was  just thinking about how strongly I'm townreading Robz right now.

Then I realized it's been so long since I've been in a game with Robz, I forgot that I'm basically 100% to misread him.

So he's probably scum.

But I can't quite bring myself to vote for someone based on my strong townread of them.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 29, 2020, 05:03:36 pm »

mail-mi is town

Yes, but who's scum?

Still working on that but scola doesn't seem like a bad bet
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36  All

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 20 queries.