Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17  All

Author Topic: BM31: Random Word Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 42700 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: BM31: Random Word Mafia (D1)
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2020, 08:12:52 am »

This game makes it harder to post during the night.

I was hoping someone would ask me about my plan. I thought we were a family. :(

I was expecting you to say something out of your own volition. I presume it was a joke then? That makes sense.

ok, so the beginning of the day is like I don't know english at all. hell.

Anyway, in this game I will try to keep my honor and vote only for scum. For example vote: MiX

We're back to MiX wagon D1, this is the third vote lol.

Hi all.

I'll admit I do love WCD's initial "hihihi" posts. It makes me feel so welcome.

I feel I'm not usually a heavy poster, but that in this game I'll want to post more often, just to use my words. I just hope I remember to make valid posts.

Okay I guess this is never going to be a good RVS vote will it.

I think Vote: Galzria is scum. Didn't like how he backed off.

it's interesting how the inclusion of the words makes the posts I want to make much more thorough. As thorough as you must be not to overeat in one evening!

Weird, right? I've even thought of making a collection of sentences with my future words because writing is fun but spamming the thread isn't.

I also just noticed, that one mislynch can pretty much cost us a game. let's not kid around, what do you think of Masons claiming? (not the UB mason of course)

We should allow for people to claim at L-1 more than average. Also, I think we can have a perfect lynch game and still lose, but I'd need to math that one out.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2020, 08:17:57 am »

Here's a confession: I am not a math person. But let's try:

Worst case scenario with perfect lynches:

Lynch scum - kill 2 towns

D2: 2-1-5

lynch another scum - kill 2 towns

D3 - 1-1-3

Lynch scum - kill town

1-2

you're wrong.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2020, 08:18:46 am »

so let's lynch perfectly without a single disturbance.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2020, 08:22:42 am »

Here's a confession: I am not a math person. But let's try:

Worst case scenario with perfect lynches:

Lynch scum - kill 2 towns

D2: 2-1-5

lynch another scum - kill 2 towns

D3 - 1-1-3

Lynch scum - kill town

1-2

you're wrong.

Oh ok.

so let's lynch perfectly without a single disturbance.

Well you also assumed perfect NKs which is why this setup is great!

Luckily we can't cross out scenarios where scum goes at each other, and that'll be...necessary?

For each mislynch, scum has to shoot scum. Right? And if a team dies N1 we have 1 more mislynch? Sounds about right.

Oh they can also shoot the same player lol. Okay so chances are we get 1 to 2 mislynches this game.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2020, 08:25:59 am »

фnd if Masons claim it can undermine scum's plans.

Also maybe one mason should claim, so scum will WIFOM each other into killing them or not killing them. Sounds amazing.

I'm a Mason.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2020, 08:30:46 am »

The problem is that we do not have a daychat, which is very unusual for Masons, but oh well. My eternal playing on this forum might help here a little. I don't think I ever was an IC.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2020, 08:34:00 am »

also, if I get erased by scum harvest, my partner is the new IC, if they get demolished by scum wrecking ball, the backup is the new IC. So given that scum might avoid killing us to not hit the same target, we will have ICs for the whole game. Amazing.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2020, 08:43:23 am »

фnd if Masons claim it can undermine scum's plans.

Also maybe one mason should claim, so scum will WIFOM each other into killing them or not killing them. Sounds amazing.

I'm a Mason.

Well this sounds correct. I'm not a mason given we just had this conversation now and not at night.

also, if I get erased by scum harvest, my partner is the new IC, if they get demolished by scum wrecking ball, the backup is the new IC. So given that scum might avoid killing us to not hit the same target, we will have ICs for the whole game. Amazing.

Well if both masons die then the backup's just a named townie. Although given this quotation:

The Backup Mason is given a Vanilla Townie Role PM initially and will convert when one of the Masons dies.  If both Masons die at the same time, the Backup Mason will still receive a PM revealing their role and the Mason QT.  If the Backup Mason is killed before joining, they will flip as a VT, but if they are killed after joining, they will flip as a generic Mason, not as a Backup Mason (this shouldn't really matter and I couldn't find any precedent but thought I would mention it).  If the Mason is killed during the night, the Backup and the other Mason will be notified at the start of the next day but will be unable to talk to each other until the next night.

Scum will most likely not be able to claim third mason. Actually,

If the first mason and backup mason are NKd, does backup mason convert before they die?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2020, 09:43:24 am »

The awkward bit would be third mason if the first two die isn't an IC since nobody can confirm, we can only deal with counter claim

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2020, 09:46:59 am »

Well that's a second time I've phone posted without remembering to use the word list. That's probably not gonna fly so my apologies. Assuming the mod doesn't modkill me for it I'm going to apologize in advance for the profs I'm going to incur as I can't actually play from a computer for the next two days.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2020, 10:00:12 am »

Well that's a second time I've phone posted without remembering to use the word list. That's probably not gonna fly so my apologies. Assuming the mod doesn't modkill me for it I'm going to apologize in advance for the profs I'm going to incur as I can't actually play from a computer for the next two days.

You think phone posting is bad, now try almost-asleep posting. The amount I had to concentrate just to write the 2 am post was staggering, and I failed because I said "posture's" instead of "posture".

The awkward bit would be third mason if the first two die isn't an IC since nobody can confirm, we can only deal with counter claim

Half of the times the dead mason can breadcrumb.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2020, 10:30:03 am »

Welp, lalight stole my plan, except mine was for both masons to claim. It was pretty air-tight, I thought.

Also no one else should comment about the plan so we don't out our second mason.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2020, 11:23:32 am »

I am good with language, but it turns out I am bad at reading, so I got a warning, too! List management is hard.

Okay, so there was/is a plan, and it has already been put into motion and so now we just chill?

Has EFHW checked in with us yet? 

Is it a good time to vote: Joseph?

Scola!  How are you and how have you been?  Awa...I see you in my mind's eye. MiX, who is scum??
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2020, 11:32:39 am »

The plan has been executed: LL is town. I think it's worse than the alternative I was thinking of, but scum can't coordinate so he might live lol. And as he said, it essencially creates an immortal IC, as when he dies someone takes his place.

To answer your request, Didds, I think Galzria is scum, followed by chairs/scola.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2020, 11:39:33 am »

vote: Galzria, ket's get some activity here. Also I believe MiX's buttocks about him

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2020, 12:31:02 pm »

I am good with language, but it turns out I am bad at reading, so I got a warning, too! List management is hard.

Okay, so there was/is a plan, and it has already been put into motion and so now we just chill?

Has EFHW checked in with us yet? 

Is it a good time to vote: Joseph?

Scola!  How are you and how have you been?  Awa...I see you in my mind's eye. MiX, who is scum??
Seems like you're trying to build an empire of Joseph votes
That's not a good idea
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2020, 12:32:00 pm »

Vote: WCD the transaction of voting for me displays obvious contempt for the good team
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2020, 12:38:09 pm »

I, for one, am still happy with my MiX vote. It is no longer an RVS vote.

I will still be able to talk throughout today, I'll be in my home office so @ me if you have any questions.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2020, 02:22:34 pm »

If the first mason and backup mason are NKd, does backup mason convert before they die?

No.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2020, 02:34:49 pm »

People have been slipping up more than I though they would, so the fail count has been increased from three to five.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2020, 02:45:33 pm »

There has been some confusion regarding punctuation.  Most punctuation does not modify words, but there are a few exceptions: first, the apostrophe " ' " and the accent " ` " always modifies the word.  Second, the hyphen " - " (or the en dash or em dash, but those are annoying to type) modifies the word depending on usage.  If it connects two words, it modifies the words into a single word.  If it is used to connect two longer phrases, it has not modified anything.  If it is used to specify a range, it has not modified anything.  If it is used as a minus sign, it has not modified anything.  If it is used as an interrupter, it has not modified anything.  Please ask me about any other uses of the hyphen or dashes.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2020, 03:02:50 pm »

There has been some confusion regarding punctuation.  Most punctuation does not modify words, but there are a few exceptions: first, the apostrophe " ' " and the accent " ` " always modifies the word.  Second, the hyphen " - " (or the en dash or em dash, but those are annoying to type) modifies the word depending on usage.  If it connects two words, it modifies the words into a single word.  If it is used to connect two longer phrases, it has not modified anything.  If it is used to specify a range, it has not modified anything.  If it is used as a minus sign, it has not modified anything.  If it is used as an interrupter, it has not modified anything.  Please ask me about any other uses of the hyphen or dashes.

Huh, it didn't occur to me that we would have to worry about punctuation! Glad at least there's no masculine or feminine nouns in english to worry about, as well.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2020, 03:05:07 pm »

I'm finding it hard to find the motivation to post random stuff while I'm on my computer because of the random word requirement.

I like that we have a mason claim to get the game started, though.

Anyone want to lynch MiX with me?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2020, 04:03:02 pm »

I'm finding it hard to find the motivation to post random stuff while I'm on my computer because of the random word requirement.

Not particularly. His read on me seems a little far-fetched and stretched but it doesn’t strike me as scummy. I’m going to need to retire my offer to him though, and that makes me sad. I had hoped that he would take me up on it. No way I offer to sacrifice my vote to the whims of another player if I’m scum though!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2020, 04:08:35 pm »

It's pretty hard to post random stuff, but overall it makes each post...somewhat better, surprisingly.

Not particularly. His read on me seems a little far-fetched and stretched but it doesn’t strike me as scummy. I’m going to need to retire my offer to him though, and that makes me sad. I had hoped that he would take me up on it. No way I offer to sacrifice my vote to the whims of another player if I’m scum though!

I reeeeally don't think you're town. Look at this statement. This would make sense if you did sacrifice your vote, but did you?

It's pretty hard to put these words in context. The above sentences are weirdly worded and I don't like it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.