Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Events are pretty awesome  (Read 1147 times)

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
Events are pretty awesome
« on: May 24, 2020, 07:10:15 pm »
+7

So I came back to Dominion after a big break, and after playing a bit (up to level 53/mu=0.95 - no idea where that is in relation to the community) and I just have to say, Events make the game so much more interesting.

I've now had at least two kingdoms that looked like a boring BM+X, but events made BM+X actually have interesting strategic thought throughout. One had Save, so even with no +action and no useful cantrips, there was a lot more managing what to get which shuffle, rather than just playing through. And another one was a BM+Council room (seriously, weak as heck kingdom actions...) which had Pursue and Alliance, where I spent the whole time tracking where in my deck my Golds and Council Room(s) were to set up big council room turns.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Events are pretty awesome
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 03:36:29 am »
+1

(up to level 53/mu=0.95 - no idea where that is in relation to the community)

That (level 53) used to be the lower threshold for my automatching criteria, I feel like that's roughly when people start to mostly know what they're doing and usually go for the best strategy but might not play it optimally.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.