Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Wayfarer and "last other card"  (Read 1384 times)

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
Wayfarer and "last other card"
« on: May 14, 2020, 07:29:59 pm »
+1

Wayfarer: "This has the same cost as the last other card gained this turn, if any."

According to the rules, this means "when anyone gains a card other than a Wayfarer". So Wayfarer never copies its own cost. I guess if it copied its own cost, it would revert to $6 after it was gained(?). Instead it keeps copying the cost of the card gained before it.

But does "other card" literally mean "other than Wayfarer", or does it mean "differently named than this"?

Let's say I play with old Inheritance, and I inherit Wayfarer.
I gain a Wayfarer. Do my Estates now cost $6?
What if my Estates cost for instance $4, and I gain an Estate? Do my Estates now revert back to $2?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 10:16:07 am by Jeebus »

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
Re: Wayfarer and "last other card"
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 03:18:12 am »

Estates in your hand would cost $6, I think. Estates in the Supply, which are not Yours yet, would cost $2. Under the rules of Old Inheritance, which never existed at the same time as wayfarer anyway.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 10:22:41 am »

Estates in your hand would cost $6, I think. Estates in the Supply, which are not Yours yet, would cost $2.

Thanks, I forgot about that aspect of old Inheritance. I corrected the questions.

Under the rules of Old Inheritance, which never existed at the same time as wayfarer anyway.

It exists for people who play the game physically. I don't know if the new version is available physically. But pretty much everybody who bought both Adventures and Menagerie play with the old version (unless they choose to pretend it's the new version of course).

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25711
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 12:07:07 pm »
+6

Under the rules of Old Inheritance, which never existed at the same time as wayfarer anyway.

It exists for people who play the game physically. I don't know if the new version is available physically. But pretty much everybody who bought both Adventures and Menagerie play with the old version (unless they choose to pretend it's the new version of course).
But no-one will both have whatever ruling I make, and not have the new wording of Inheritance. So the ruling can just be, use the new wording. And I mean that's my ruling.

But I'll give you a personal ruling anyway; it's other than a card named Wayfarer.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.148 seconds with 22 queries.