Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 47  All

Author Topic: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Game over)  (Read 123485 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #750 on: June 08, 2020, 11:48:27 am »

Bottom line what I am trying to get at with mail-mi: your scum pairings don't add up.

Joseph/e/X pairings just don't work.

In fact, most pairings don't work. Joseph/mail-mi/LaLight does work

False.

Joseph/e/LaLight works just fine. The only thing you've done to dissuade that is your scumread on lalight today, which doesn't absolve that pairing at all, since you haven't backed it up with a vote.

Joseph/e/Swowl would work, though I'm not scumreading swowl.

Joseph/e/Calamitas and Joseph/e/yuma aren't as likely as the first, but still possible.

Joseph/e/WCD is the only one I see as impossible.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 08, 2020, 11:53:17 am »

LaLight, please state your intention with the "will claim VT"

Mail-mi: Do you have a possible narrative why scum!e continues to push Dylan? I need to read that section, just realized my source for that is e themselves. Because scum!e should have tried to let go a bit, make me convince everyone to switch to you and then either me or Dylan is next in line.

PPE: 2

because I was sure he's scum and scum claims vt in that position
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 08, 2020, 12:14:22 pm »

so, I see just a lot of shade on me. good job.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 08, 2020, 12:15:10 pm »

I would never bus early in the day. i always hammer my partners or bus them when I can get the most townpoints, which obviously isn't the case here, as you correctly noticed

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 08, 2020, 12:17:45 pm »

so, I see just a lot of shade on me. good job.

From me? I don't intend to cast shade on you, more of a spotlight on why I think you are scum
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 08, 2020, 12:25:58 pm »

Bottom line what I am trying to get at with mail-mi: your scum pairings don't add up.

False.

Joseph/e/LaLight works just fine. The only thing you've done to dissuade that is your scumread on lalight today, which doesn't absolve that pairing at all, since you haven't backed it up with a vote.

Joseph/e/Calamitas and Joseph/e/yuma aren't as likely as the first, but still possible.

Assume we Lynch me and I flip town. Who is scum then?

Finishing up cooking dinner (then eat, etc), but I will explore the same concept with you later tonight
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 08, 2020, 12:35:53 pm »

I still think e is our best choice of lynch for today.

I sorta forgot Didds was in this game, though that's pretty hard to do normally. So that makes me lean toward scummy on her, but I don't think scum!e tries to divert a wagon from his partner to his other partner on D1. So if e is town, didds is probably scum, and vice versa.

I know, right? I am in no way memorable, which hurts my heart.  My adjectives are lackluster and lethargic...both of which are completely counter to how I want to be in games and in the world. I was SO FREAKING ENERGIZED when Joseph flipped red, but since then, we have lagged and stalled and lynched town and lagged and stalled.  Blah. My lack of energy is not for lack of interest, its just that stalls wear me down and we don't have any result on anything and the VCA only goes so far.  So, I am voting for e. His flip will at least tell us something. I am not opposed to you or LaLight, but I am not sure it is as interesting. Then maybe tomorrow something new happens or we can learn something new or SOMETHING.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 08, 2020, 12:47:18 pm »

I sorta forgot Didds was in this game, though that's pretty hard to do normally. So that makes me lean toward scummy on her, but I don't think scum!e tries to divert a wagon from his partner to his other partner on D1. So if e is town, didds is probably scum, and vice versa.

I know, right? I am in no way memorable, which hurts my heart.  My adjectives are lackluster and lethargic...both of which are completely counter to how I want to be in games and in the world. I was SO FREAKING ENERGIZED when Joseph flipped red, but since then, we have lagged and stalled and lynched town and lagged and stalled.  Blah. My lack of energy is not for lack of interest, its just that stalls wear me down and we don't have any result on anything and the VCA only goes so far.  So, I am voting for e. His flip will at least tell us something. I am not opposed to you or LaLight, but I am not sure it is as interesting. Then maybe tomorrow something new happens or we can learn something new or SOMETHING.

Maybe pointed questions will stimulate activity.

Have you considered who the third alleged scum is?
How is my lynch more informative than a mail-mi Lynch? Or a LaLight lynch?
Do you have anyone other than ADK in a super duper strong town category?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 08, 2020, 04:37:37 pm »

False.

Finishing up cooking dinner (then eat, etc), but I will explore the same concept with you later tonight

Ok, I didn't do this and it is too late at night for me to think critically about things.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 08, 2020, 04:41:04 pm »

False.

I think if you're town, the most likely pairing is WCD and LaLight. They're the two scummiest after you, I think.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 08, 2020, 04:41:50 pm »

A LaLight lynch is definitely less informative than you. mail-mi or you I am not sure
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 08, 2020, 05:36:43 pm »

back.
almost nothing has changed, so because.. a) I am tried and b) nothing has changed...

Vote: E!

I am just gonna be completely honest on this - at this point until I see an E! flip I do not think there is anything that can happen (less I suppose a result confirmation or something) that will keep me from wanting to lynch E!. This is me thinking this after taking 2 days off and looking at everything again. There are other candidates I suppose, but to me E! is in there own bracket at this point the way the day as progressed.

That is L-2

Also, I think this is town!swowl with the L-1 thinking it was L-2

It was late and I was tired. My apologies, I even checked before I stated L2 and still thought it was L2. That is on me.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 08, 2020, 05:46:46 pm »

False.

I would like an explaination on how Joeseph/E/Calam specifically falls where it does, and also why it is grouped with Yuma. I get Yuma being where they are... but by the thought process you seem to be following here Calam should either fall wayyy down on the list or wayy up on the list. What am I missing?
real good. That’s how

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 08, 2020, 05:51:01 pm »

False.

I would like an explaination on how Joeseph/E/Calam specifically falls where it does, and also why it is grouped with Yuma. I get Yuma being where they are... but by the thought process you seem to be following here Calam should either fall wayyy down on the list or wayy up on the list. What am I missing?

I think Calamitas is likely town. More likely town than anyone else on-wagon except ADK at this point. The points e brought up are very valid points (even if e is scum).

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 08, 2020, 05:54:25 pm »

oh homie... this is a skummy post.
The bolded is you just saying you will vote for your current vote, the other candidate, and the only other person people are talking about.
Like if you believe that, that is fine. But why in the world would you publicly post it right now? That is the defn of helping skum move around as needed for the remainder of the day...
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: June 08, 2020, 05:55:38 pm »

False.

I think Calamitas is likely town. More likely town than anyone else on-wagon except ADK at this point. The points e brought up are very valid points (even if e is scum).

OK, how does yuma fall into that tier?
real good. That’s how

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 08, 2020, 06:25:38 pm »

False.

The quick 1-2 punch at the end of D1 is hard to believe if they're both joseph's partners. Could they have done it? Yeah, sure, but that's why they're in the same tier as Calamitas.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 08, 2020, 06:40:35 pm »

False.

The quick 1-2 punch at the end of D1 is hard to believe if they're both joseph's partners. Could they have done it? Yeah, sure, but that's why they're in the same tier as Calamitas.

OK - one more - you say the points E brought up are good one's even if E is skum. You do in fact think E is skum?
real good. That’s how

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 08, 2020, 06:44:33 pm »

False.

OK - one more - you say the points E brought up are good one's even if E is skum. You do in fact think E is skum?

My past 100% certainty is now at, like, 85% certainty. I still think he's the best lynch for today.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 08, 2020, 10:28:29 pm »

oh homie... this is a skummy post.
The bolded is you just saying you will vote for your current vote, the other candidate, and the only other person people are talking about.
Like if you believe that, that is fine. But why in the world would you publicly post it right now? That is the defn of helping skum move around as needed for the remainder of the day...

oooof. Because I didn't think about it. I'll blame summer school brain, or quarantine brain, or just the general sense of being beat down I feel in this game.  Also, I am sometimes not at smart.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 08, 2020, 10:29:44 pm »

Have we considered that someone like LaLight might have accidentally been on the joseph wagon.

Look at this:

LaLight's last post was #233. At that point Joseph had three votes (ADK, yuma, LaLight) and according to the vote count right above it there was still about 45 hours left in the Day1.

He doesn't post the rest of Day1. e's early hammer (along with all the on/off movement) might have forced him to keep his vote there and it was an accidental early bussing.

LaLight was very on and off with voting Joseph, but was more on than off early.

Can someone else look at this? I feel conspiracy theorist with this, but if it matches up with other behavior from LaLight (I think we have all had townier reads since he was so early on wagon, but has there been anything else?) then it may be something we are collectively ignoring.

veeeery conspiracy theorist. although makes you slightly townier
What exactly makes it very conspiracy theory. I think it is quite plausible. The timeline works. You haven't really given us a reason to town read you aside from this...

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 08, 2020, 10:31:16 pm »

Good idea!  But I don't have time right now to work on my groupings. I'll circle back to that.

My super duper town friends are ADK and Swowl. 

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 08, 2020, 10:34:10 pm »

At the very least 2.7 is urging others to do townie things. And others are doing those things. So there is that.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 08, 2020, 10:36:10 pm »

I prefer LaLight over 2.7 at this point. Not sure about mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 09, 2020, 01:54:25 am »

My past 100% certainty is now at, like, 85% certainty. I still think he's the best lynch for today.

Yeah, spin yourself in circles and you can convince yourself of anything.

Or, you are just scum hedging.

Really, what it comes down to is this: if both mail-mi and I are town, town is lost.

If we lynch mail-mi and he flips green, I fully expect to get lynched, and town loses.

If you lynch me I will flip green, then mail-mi is very much on the chopping block.

If scum has maneuvered us into this position, well done. GG.

But I don't think so. Let's lynch mail-mi
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 21 queries.