Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47  All

Author Topic: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Game over)  (Read 123465 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #625 on: June 04, 2020, 01:26:55 am »

Vote Count 3.1

2.71828..... (4): LaLight, mail-mi, WestCoastDidds, yuma
mail-mi (1): 2.71828.....

Not Voting (3): Calamitas, A Drowned Kernel, Swowl

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends June 10, 2020, 03:30:00 am.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 04, 2020, 01:40:28 am »

Day 2 Log

Vote Count 2.1
mail-mi (2): A Drowned Kernel, Calamitas
Dylan32 (2): 2.71828....., LaLight
2.71828..... (2): Dylan32, mail-mi
Not Voting (4): SpaceAnemone, WestCoastDidds, yuma, DatSwan

Swan votes MailMi
LaLight votes E!, from Dylan
LaLight goes back to Dylan
WCD votes Dylan
ADK votes Swowl, from MailMi
Yuma votes E!
Swan votes Dylan, from MailMi
Yuma votes MailMi, from E!

Vote Count 2.3
mail-mi (2): Calamitas, yuma
Dylan32 (4): 2.71828....., LaLight, WestCoastDidds, Swowl
2.71828..... (2): Dylan32, mail-mi
Swowl (1): A Drowned Kernel
Not Voting (1): SpaceAnemone

ADK votes Dylan (L-1), from Swowl
Space votes MailMi
MailMi hammers Dylan, from E!

Final Vote Count
mail-mi (3): Calamitas, yuma, SpaceAnemone
Dylan32 (6): 2.71828....., LaLight, WestCoastDidds, Swowl, A Drowned Kernel, mail-mi
2.71828..... (1): Dylan32
Swowl (1): A Drowned Kernel

It would be leaps and bounds to make assumptions just based on this day's VCA bc we have no red color on the board. So a slightly different approach, something I started with yesterday - the groupings.

1) Players that voted for MailMi - ADK, Calam, Yuma, Space'
- Space and ADK green text so removed. Calam and Yuma join one after the other on MM for pretty much the whole day.
- It is impossible for all three to be skum. It is very unlikely that both Calam and Yuma are skum together.
- Ignoring personal preference for a moment, in the world where MM could be skum... then it is kind of up in the air if one of Calam or Yuma are. However, If MM is Town, then I think it is likely that one of Calam or Yuma are skum.
- Not the best pool to analyze right now, as we need a flip to get a better grip of the situation... and there is a chance that they are all just Town.
- Important note IMO; Yuma and Calam are not both skum together.

2) Players that voted for E! - Dylan, MailMi, LaLight, Yuma
- Dylan is green.
- LL and Yuma both hopped on and off of E! super quick. Never same time, and like only stayed for a moment.
- Only thing here is that it is remotely interesting the fact that MailMi was all for E! pretty much the whole day. And now is good again with E!. But then followed their top SR onto Dylan when they hammered.

3) Players that voted for Dylan - E!, LaLight, WCD, Swowl, ADK, MailMi
- E and LL were on Dylan from the get go for literally the entire day. Day 2 specific read would be I think it is likely there is skum in those 2.
- WCD adds on not far after and also sits all day. That is apex of UNK players on Town wagon. I need to go and iso the three of them out later, too many things to think through rn.
- Swowl makes Dylan case and switches from MM. Not gonna do my own stuff, for obvious reasons.
- ADK moves from Swowl with me over to Dylan. Not doing ADK either, for obvious reasons.
- MM hammers. Again, interesting that they followed E! here who had been there all day.

So I mean pretty much this is how the pools are being made:

Joseph Lynchers: A Drowned Kernel, LaLight, WestCoastDidds, Calamitas, scola, Yuma, 2.71828..
Non-Joseph Lynchers: MailMi, Swowl
Dylan Lynchers: E!, LaLight, WCD, Swowl, ADK, MailMi

That gives us
a) Players on Joseph and Dylan - [E, LL, WCD]
b) Players off Joseph and on Dylan - [MailMi, Swowl]
c) Players on Joseph and off Dylan - [Calam, Yuma]

There is no case here. I just had some time and needed to get this down in order to do the ISOs. I will start on those tomorrow. Ya'll could feel free to do some too if you want.

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 04, 2020, 01:42:51 am »

Does Swowl put in this much effort into doing things like VCA as scum? I don't remember scum!Swowl, I'm asking those who do.

Swowl puts in a lot of effort as scum from what I recall of him. I need to do more rereading before I'm ready to vote, and I don't like yuma's L-1

I put in equal effort regardless of alignment. Which I suppose is not an argument for my being town here... but I don't like your answer. I have played with you enough for you to know I rely on VCA mid game no matter what. If you were not IC I would find it skummy that you did not include that in your response.
real good. That’s how

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 04, 2020, 07:17:50 am »

For now I prefer vote: mail-mi . It is crazy how far e has built. I really don't like the L-1, someone please leave that wagon for now.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 04, 2020, 07:45:16 am »

Unvote
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: June 04, 2020, 08:03:28 am »

Does Swowl put in this much effort into doing things like VCA as scum? I don't remember scum!Swowl, I'm asking those who do.

Swowl puts in a lot of effort as scum from what I recall of him. I need to do more rereading before I'm ready to vote, and I don't like yuma's L-1

I put in equal effort regardless of alignment. Which I suppose is not an argument for my being town here... but I don't like your answer. I have played with you enough for you to know I rely on VCA mid game no matter what. If you were not IC I would find it skummy that you did not include that in your response.

The intention of the post was that it's null for you, I realize now that that wasn't clear
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 04, 2020, 12:38:56 pm »

"I would scumread you if you weren't the IC" is a townie thing for swowl to say, though
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 04, 2020, 12:41:04 pm »

For now I prefer vote: mail-mi . It is crazy how far e has built. I really don't like the L-1, someone please leave that wagon for now.

Scum wagons have been built in less time (I'm thinking hunger games D1).

e is 100% my preferred lynch here. Would be willing to go with yuma or calamitas as well. LaLight and Swowl are considerations, but would prefer to lynch elsewhere.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 05, 2020, 01:28:49 am »

e is 100% my preferred lynch here. Would be willing to go with yuma or calamitas as well. LaLight and Swowl are considerations, but would prefer to lynch elsewhere.

why? specifically to the yuma/calamatias section.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 05, 2020, 02:38:49 am »

also weekend is going to be a little much for me this week. so I will be around, but not a ton until Monday evening.
real good. That’s how

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 05, 2020, 10:02:08 am »

also weekend is going to be a little much for me this week. so I will be around, but not a ton until Monday evening.

Oooohhhhhhh...... are you doing something fun??

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 05, 2020, 10:19:16 am »

why? specifically to the yuma/calamatias section.

They've got the scummiest position on the wagon, I think.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 05, 2020, 01:35:50 pm »

Oooohhhhhhh...... are you doing something fun??

Sigh maybe not. Me and DisSwan were gonna do some dispersed camping/fishing but rangers just updated saying no go in that area.... so i might be around :/
real good. That’s how

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 05, 2020, 03:41:28 pm »

Why did the speed of this go down so much. Why is e so silent given they are basically on the brink of being lynched?

Honestly, I am not a fan of this whole "there got to be scum off/on wagon" thingy. That is not a good style to scumread individiuals.

I think mail-mi hesitating to lynch Dylan is evidence of him being scum. If they were town they would have been a tad more eager to just lynch Dylan I think than if they knew of their towniness.

I don't like e's play yesterday. As he said, he was in full tunnel vision but that might actually be because he and mail-mi are scum together or so and he had to fight really hard to get mail-mi over Dylan. I think I still prefer mail-mi over e in direct lynch comparision because
a) in the scenario where both are scum it doesn't matter
b) in the scenario where e is scum and mail-mi is town, e can be fine pushing less because it was clear one of them will be the target given what almost everyone stated
c) in the scenario where e is town and mail-mi is scum, his tunnel vision still makes sense

Thus, I put more probability mass on c) than on b).
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 05, 2020, 03:44:14 pm »

I guess I am being silent because I don't have much to say? I talked myself out yesterday?

Also, how do you respond to these?

vote: 2.7

vote: e

But I am interested in what more ADK has to say. (I am teaching right now so I don't have the bandwidth to be super involved, but that will end for the week by tomorrow morning.  Hooray for summer summer school weeks!)
vote: e

L-1
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 05, 2020, 03:47:39 pm »

I mean, swowl has a good post, I like a lot of what he said.

Yuma, what do you think of that post?  WCD?  LaLight?

But just.....vote for e.  Because obviously.

Here is my defense: Day 1 was just bad.  No defense there.  I did hammer scum though.  Day 2 I tunneled a very reasonable person to vote against.  I was wrong.

People are voting me for what I did.  But, as you (Calamitas) point out, there is a narrative where I am town that makes sense. Because I am town.  That's why it makes sense.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 05, 2020, 03:52:01 pm »

Unvote

I mean, how about changing your vote to appease town rather than for what you think?

I have no problem with being at L-1.  I do pose some level of distraction and I think flipping green would clarify things for a lot of people.  I definitely don't want that to happen.

As Calamitas noted, compare my game with mail-mi.  Maybe I am scum (no), maybe mail-mi is scum (maybe?), maybe we both are scum (no). But the narrative for scum!mail-mi is better than the narrative for me being scum.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #642 on: June 05, 2020, 03:59:29 pm »

Vote Count 1.7

Joseph2302 (4): A Drowned Kernel, LaLight, WestCoastDidds, Calamitas
scolapasta (2): mail-mi, Dylan32
A Drowned Kernel (1): Swowl
Calamitas (1): scolapasta
2.71828..... (1): SpaceAnemone
WestCoastDidds (3): 2.71828....., yuma, Joseph2302

Not Voting (0):

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends May 24, 2020, 06:00:00 am, which is in ~7 hours.

This is probably my last vote count for this in-game day and I have no idea where faust is, so here's my fair warning.

We regret to inform you that mail-mi will not be awake for deadline, but he will leave with a vote: WCD as a better alternative than Joseph.

This is a terrible idea.  I am town, and me getting lynched will start us off in the hole.

It may not be Joseph, but it sure as heck isn't me, and this last day pivot toward me with ZERO ARTICULATED REASON reeks of scumminess. 

I am heading to bed.  You can trust me or not, but remember all of this was started less than 7 hours ago.  The only way a wagon builds that fast and lands a town mislynch is a heap 'o scum joining in.

WCD is town. vote: scola

This little exchange is interesting.  Mail-mi jumping on and off WCD at a critical juncture.  I am starting to get much more suspicious of mail-mi than I was.

rereading yesterday was really what got me onto mail-mi being scum (D1 I was saying he was town just like joseph was town).  But, as is clearly evident, my D1 reads were crap (as few of them that I had).

I accused Dylan of being scummy for jumping on the WCD wagon with me.  But it was actually mail-mi who jumped on the wagon in a pretty scummy spot then immediately realized how scummy it was and hopped off. 

Then avoided lynching town (dylan) until I goaded them into it even after their "intent to hammer"

So yeah.  WCD, yuma, LaLight....everyone who just one-off and voted me because....reasons I guess.

Compare my game with mail-mi's.  Who is scummier and why?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 05, 2020, 04:02:35 pm »

Unvote

I mean, how about changing your vote to appease town rather than for what you think?

I have no problem with being at L-1.  I do pose some level of distraction and I think flipping green would clarify things for a lot of people.  I definitely don't want that to happen.

As Calamitas noted, compare my game with mail-mi.  Maybe I am scum (no), maybe mail-mi is scum (maybe?), maybe we both are scum (no). But the narrative for scum!mail-mi is better than the narrative for me being scum.

I feel like it’s you or yams, but beyond that I’m not so clear.

Calam asked someone to unvote for a minute, and with so much time left in the day, I think it was a fair request.

I find it tremendously helpful when Swowl reads the game. But he doesn’t really draw any conclusions. Alas

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 05, 2020, 04:04:09 pm »

Unvote

I feel like it’s you or yams, but beyond that I’m not so clear.

Calam asked someone to unvote for a minute, and with so much time left in the day, I think it was a fair request.

I find it tremendously helpful when Swowl reads the game. But he doesn’t really draw any conclusions. Alas

No yeah, I was just kind of grasping at anything in the moment, you still aren't on the top of my scum list for the day despite all the swipes I have taken at you.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: June 05, 2020, 04:18:19 pm »

No yeah, I was just kind of grasping at anything in the moment, you still aren't on the top of my scum list for the day despite all the swipes I have taken at you.

That’s fair. Grasping at straws requires grasping at straws.

So, what do you think about Swowl?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 05, 2020, 04:20:42 pm »

Here is my defense: Day 1 was just bad.  No defense there.  I did hammer scum though.  Day 2 I tunneled a very reasonable person to vote against.  I was wrong.

People are voting me for what I did.  But, as you (Calamitas) point out, there is a narrative where I am town that makes sense. Because I am town.  That's why it makes sense.

Please answer why I as scum would kill SA as opposed to LaLight or ADK.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 05, 2020, 04:31:23 pm »

Please answer why I as scum would kill SA as opposed to LaLight or ADK.

I have no clue how ADK survived N1 or N2.

I honestly have no clue what scum was doing.  I almost threw some shade Space's direction because they were off wagon and voting me D1 until I double checked and realized they were killed

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 05, 2020, 04:47:33 pm »

Here, let's try something fresh

vote: yuma
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 05, 2020, 04:50:58 pm »

Here, let's try something fresh

vote: yuma

Why’s that?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.