Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47  All

Author Topic: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Game over)  (Read 123434 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #600 on: June 01, 2020, 08:08:25 am »

Dylan32 was nervously shuffling about, waiting for a good time to speak, but faust was still on the phone.

"Err, faust... this has been great and all but I actually remembered that I have another thing... and someone should probably get scolapasta to the hospital and all... so, thanks for the invite, but..."

faust put the phone away for a second. "No, you have to stay. I need to still show you all the things this marvel of technology can do! You should totally stay, please..."

Dylan32 has been lynched! They were a Vanilla Townie!

Night 1 starts now and lasts at least until June 02, 2020, 08:00:00 pm. Night actions due in 24 hours.

Thread locked!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #601 on: June 03, 2020, 03:34:57 am »

faust put the ear away from the phone, and called over to his remaining friends: "They suggest that we try turning it off and on again."

SpaceAnemone saw the on/off button, and was quick to push it. As they did, an electrical shock surged through them.

faust looked at the scene, dismayed. "Yeah, that didn't work. ... hello?" The call was cut off. Apparently the power surge had cut off the phone's electricity.

SpaceAnemone has been killed! They were a Vanilla Townie.

Day 3 begins!

Vote Count 3.0

Not Voting (8): mail-mi, WestCoastDidds, yuma, LaLight, Calamitas, 2.71828....., A Drowned Kernel, Swowl

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends June 10, 2020, 03:30:00 am.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 03, 2020, 05:21:06 am »

hell

I'm extremely frustrated. vote: Calamitas , I guess
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 03, 2020, 07:33:41 am »

hell

I'm extremely frustrated. vote: Calamitas , I guess
What. This is insane.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 03, 2020, 08:02:13 am »

I still don't like mail-mi and I like e even less than yesterday. Not re-read anything yet.

I have a slight town-read on LaLight, never stated my reasons for that. He stated in the quarantine call, in a general-not-to-this-game-referring-way, that he struggles right now in town games but is doing fine in scum games. This game seems to resemble the former style. But I have not read any recent games and thus cannot confi.rm or deny this.

That being said, his fixation on me seems super weird tbh, imo that's just bad play and makes me question their motives. I mean, there is no reasonable way looking at things in which I appear on the top of anyones scumlist.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 03, 2020, 09:06:01 am »

I'm currently inclined to think mail-mi is town. More thoughts later
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 03, 2020, 09:47:57 am »

I still don't like mail-mi and I like e even less than yesterday. Not re-read anything yet.

I have a slight town-read on LaLight, never stated my reasons for that. He stated in the quarantine call, in a general-not-to-this-game-referring-way, that he struggles right now in town games but is doing fine in scum games. This game seems to resemble the former style. But I have not read any recent games and thus cannot confi.rm or deny this.

That being said, his fixation on me seems super weird tbh, imo that's just bad play and makes me question their motives. I mean, there is no reasonable way looking at things in which I appear on the top of anyones scumlist.

you're the one I would expect to kill Space

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 03, 2020, 09:48:18 am »

vote: 2.7

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 03, 2020, 10:20:12 am »

vote: swowl

I find it hard to believe that both scum would bus on day 1, and he's the only other one left off-wagon.

Also very willing to go to e or calamitas.

Also why is ADK still alive?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 03, 2020, 12:33:57 pm »

you're the one I would expect to kill Space
Fair enough, that might be true. I wouldn't have skilled Scola though?

In general, I think Space was not that crazy a target. Was still surprised after seeing it but they are a quite strong player and were sufficiently towny to not be lynched in all likelihood.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 03, 2020, 12:45:21 pm »

vote: swowl

I find it hard to believe that both scum would bus on day 1, and he's the only other one left off-wagon.

Also very willing to go to e or calamitas.

Also why is ADK still alive?

Either my reads are terrible or someone thinks they can push the conspiracy theory
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 03, 2020, 12:47:40 pm »

Hold on. unvote.

My main question right now is why do scum kill off-wagon when there are several perfectly townie people on-wagon to kill instead (thinking ADK, LaLight).

Answer: because both scum are on-wagon. It's the only thing that makes sense. If Swowl is scum, no way he narrows the off-wagon lynchpool to 50-50 with me and him. (Hopefully y'all realize the same about me). Maybe a little of a WIFOM argument, but I think I'm gonna park my vote back on vote: e
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 03, 2020, 01:26:06 pm »

vote: e

But I am interested in what more ADK has to say. (I am teaching right now so I don't have the bandwidth to be super involved, but that will end for the week by tomorrow morning.  Hooray for summer summer school weeks!)
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 03, 2020, 03:45:24 pm »

Hold on. unvote.

My main question right now is why do scum kill off-wagon when there are several perfectly townie people on-wagon to kill instead (thinking ADK, LaLight).

Answer: because both scum are on-wagon. It's the only thing that makes sense. If Swowl is scum, no way he narrows the off-wagon lynchpool to 50-50 with me and him. (Hopefully y'all realize the same about me). Maybe a little of a WIFOM argument, but I think I'm gonna park my vote back on vote: e

So, this thought is interesting and I think I agree with it (obviously from a "not Swan or MM POV" that means very little to anyone), but all the same... If MM was skum choosing to isolate it down to me and them from VCA perspective is very strange. Like there are a bazillion WIFOM cases I can think of, but they are all pretty far fetched. I need to think about this more, but I am inclined to agree with MM here.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 03, 2020, 03:50:13 pm »

Well, my terrible D1 was followed by what I thought was a great D2 until the flip happened.

Vote: mail-mi

Case on me is basically the D1 hammer was a ruse and D2 was focused on a mislynch?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: June 03, 2020, 03:53:37 pm »

Well, my terrible D1 was followed by what I thought was a great D2 until the flip happened.

Case on me is basically the D1 hammer was a ruse and D2 was focused on a mislynch?

If you think I'm scum, you have to ask why I killed Space. it puts me in a 1v1 with Swowl and 9 times out of 10 I get lynched before swowl (which is a point for swowl's scumminess, I guess). There's no reasonable scum tactic there.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #616 on: June 03, 2020, 03:55:41 pm »

Day 2 Final Vote Count

mail-mi (3): Calamitas, yuma, SpaceAnemone
Dylan32 (6): 2.71828....., LaLight, WestCoastDidds, Swowl, A Drowned Kernel, mail-mi
2.71828..... (1): Dylan32

Not Voting (0):

With 10 alive, it took 6 to lynch. Twilight begins now and lasts until June 01, 2020, 06:30:00 am or whenever faust gets here, whichever is latest.

Also, scum totally hopped on my wagon. I mean, that case was lock right, except for the fact that Dylan was actually town. Scum love hopping on someone else's cause.

The town flip does make me question everything I was so convinced of though.

Yuma and LaLight are much more on the table for me then they were, for example.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 03, 2020, 03:59:46 pm »

If you think I'm scum, you have to ask why I killed Space. it puts me in a 1v1 with Swowl and 9 times out of 10 I get lynched before swowl (which is a point for swowl's scumminess, I guess). There's no reasonable scum tactic there.

That was clever of you, wasn't it?

You think I am scum, you have to ask why I set myself up to be the #1 lynch option for today. There was no reason for me to goad you into the hammer. There was no reason for me to consistently and thoroughly build the case on Dylan after I saw it take off. I could take a break! Relax! My top two mislynch wagons (if mail-mi is town as he claims) were rolling along nicely.

No, I had just caught the tunnel vision because I got excited about a scum Lynch and thought I had solved the game! Hooray for me!

(Spoilers: I didn't)

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 03, 2020, 04:02:05 pm »

Oh, and WCD is back on the table as well. Your friendly neighborhood scum, that's WCD for you.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 03, 2020, 04:11:04 pm »

Oh, and WCD is back on the table as well. Your friendly neighborhood scum, that's WCD for you.

Ok, now I am just throwing out random accusations. But yeah. Also, ADK is still solidly town for me despite the weirdness of not killing them.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 03, 2020, 05:51:28 pm »

OK, I am doing some stuff, and to avoid confusion have written this up so that I can reference it for the points I am going to make.
The below is currently for D1 only. It starts at the height of the Pasta wagon, and then proceeds to follow all vote moves until end of Day 1. It is color coded (I left myself grey and put ADK in as Green, to help clarity for others reading it).

This is the height of the Pasta Wagon on Day 1:

Joseph2302 (1): scolapasta
A Drowned Kernel (2): SpaceAnemone, yuma
mail-mi (1): 2.71828.....
scolapasta (6): Dylan32, ADrownedKernel, LaLight, mail-mi, Calamitas, Joseph
Not Voting (2): WestCoastDidds, DatSwan

Fairly immediately after the Joseph unvote thing...Space moves from ADK to MM, then ADK, WCD go to Joseph (Yuma does as well, then a little later goes to Mail Mi). That brings us here to VC 1.2.2:

Joseph2302 (3): scolapasta, A Drowned Kernel, WestCoastDidds
mail-mi (3): 2.71828....., SpaceAnemone, yuma
scolapasta (4): Dylan32, LaLight, mail-mi, Calamitas
Not Voting (2): DatSwan, Joseph2302

So, I find these two wagon "snap shots" important (as well as the third one below) in trying to figure out; a) why skum chose to kill who they did, b) analyze Joseph's movements, c) analyze other's movements.

a) I think with the way these two wagons ran up (pasta and joseph), followed by the skum flip of Joseph, that skum chose Pasta as the NK because like... how were they gonna sell skum!pasta there after Joseph flipped red? I mean, still dunno what to say about ADK not being the choice... but I also am continuing to treat them as IC so I don't care rn.

b) Why did he unvote? That is just what I cannot get my head around. Like up unto that point (when they unvoted) they had not like... done anything skummy. OK - they put pasta at L1, but like even if a hammer came down... its not the worst. I just do not get why they unvoted. However, as I stated yesterday, regardless of "where he went", I think that he chose to leave because he realized skum was saturated on the Pasta wagon. Now that Dylan has flipped Town, I find it even easier to believe that is the case because that would put all the people with suspicious placement on the wagon as the only one's we do not know the alignment of.

c) Other Player's Movements:
- Space votes MM
- ADK, WCD, Yuma are the first to move to Joseph after they unvote. ADK town, and I assign town points to the other two for being so early on the move.
- After they move, we get to the above posted Vote Count 1.2.2.. From there we have some tip toeing around either of these two player wagons for a bit. The moves were:
*Swowl votes ADK, from No Vote
Pasta votes Calam, from Joseph
Space votes E!, from MM
**LaLight votes Joseph, from Pasta
Dylan votes LaLight, from Pasta
***WCD votes Yuma, from Joseph
**Yuma votes Joseph, from MailMi
LL does a post back to back switch, but ends up staying on Joseph
Dylan unvotes from LaLight

That brings us to VC 1.5:
Joseph2302 (3): A Drowned Kernel, yuma, LaLight
mail-mi (1): 2.71828.....
scolapasta (2): mail-mi, Calamitas
A Drowned Kernel (1): Swowl
Calamitas (1): scolapasta
2.71828..... (1): SpaceAnemone
yuma (1): WestCoastDidds
Not Voting (2): Joseph2302, Dylan32

So what I am looking for here in this last part:
* UNK players moving to Town from UNK
** UNK players moving to Skum
*** UNK players moving off of Skum
(Any move that starts with Green Text, is a conf!Town player moving... which while good info, when isolated is not important).

So far that is;
* Swan voting for ADK
** LaLight and Yuma both go to Joseph (and LL was off of Town!Scola)
*** WCD leaves Joseph, for UNK!Yuma

At this point, there is 48 hours until DL. We go a full 24 hours with a decent amount of talk, but no votes moving. That streak is then broken with 24 hours left to DL...

**WCD votes Joseph, from Yuma
Joseph votes E!, from No Vote
E! votes WCD, from MailMi (first completely UNK move since VC 1.4)
Dylan votes WCD, from No Vote
Dylan votes Pasta, from WCD
***Yuma votes WCD, from Joseph
Joseph votes WCD, from E!

K so that brings us to 7 hours to DL and VC 1.7:

Joseph2302 (4): A Drowned Kernel, LaLight, WestCoastDidds, Calamitas
scolapasta (2): mail-mi, Dylan32
A Drowned Kernel (1): Swowl
Calamitas (1): scolapasta
WestCoastDidds (3): 2.71828....., yuma, Joseph2302

There we had;
** WCD voting Joseph
*** Yuma leaving Joseph

Then there are like 3 back to back switches, but ends up starting with...
Pasta votes Joseph, from Calam
Swowl votes Pasta, from ADK

That takes us here:
Joseph2302 (5): A Drowned Kernel, LaLight, WestCoastDidds, Calamitas, scola
scolapasta (3): Dylan32, mail-mi, swowl
WestCoastDidds (3): 2.71828....., yuma, Joseph2302

*** Yuma votes Joseph, from WCD
*** E! hammers Joseph, from WCD

Final Day 1 VC:
Joseph2302 (5): A Drowned Kernel, LaLight, WestCoastDidds, Calamitas, scola, Yuma, 2.71828..
scolapasta (3): Dylan32, mail-mi, swowl
WestCoastDidds (1):  Joseph2302

So I started typing all of this up just for myself to look into MM's point I responded to about last night's kill selection... then kind of decided it would be good to look further into it. A couple things immediately jump out, though I have other points I want to dive into as well:

MM's point about last night's NK choice is, imo, actually a fairly solid point. Looking at the second to last wagon, there are 3 UNK!Players on the wagon, and 4 UNK!Players off the wagon. By the last wagon, 2 votes later, there are 5 UNK!Players on the wagon and 2 UNK!Players off the wagon. The choice to kill Space is super strange - I believe they had been pretty strongly advocating that they did not think that there were 2 skum players on the wagon at the end, so there had to be at least 1 off in their mind. With Dylan flipping Town, skum then chose to kill Space. That would be a super weird play if MM was skum here. Even if they push me... bc then I flip green and then they kind of got Skum!MM on the outs there. Which is inherently why I do not think MM is skum.

I think it is more likely that there are actually two skum that were on the Joseph wagon. I have a lot of thoughts I need to parse out regarding the grouping of [LL, WCD, Calam] vs [Yuma, E!], but this took wayyyy longer than I expected... so it is gonna have to wait a bit while I get some other stuff done.

Most important for now - I do not think MM is a good lynch today.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 03, 2020, 06:29:34 pm »

Wild, random accusations! Friendly isn’t scummy, and I am not scummy.

But I will also admit to not having done much this game. I hope to rectify that tomorrow.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 03, 2020, 06:49:30 pm »

Does Swowl put in this much effort into doing things like VCA as scum? I don't remember scum!Swowl, I'm asking those who do.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 03, 2020, 07:42:32 pm »

vote: e

L-1

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 03, 2020, 08:07:25 pm »

Does Swowl put in this much effort into doing things like VCA as scum? I don't remember scum!Swowl, I'm asking those who do.

Swowl puts in a lot of effort as scum from what I recall of him. I need to do more rereading before I'm ready to vote, and I don't like yuma's L-1
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 20 queries.