Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 47  All

Author Topic: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Game over)  (Read 123452 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #575 on: May 31, 2020, 09:25:39 am »

Vote: Dylan

I’ve been meaning to vote but wanted to see the vote count. I feel pretty sure scum is on that short list.

@Didds, I assume that when you said "that short list", you mean the end-of-day Scola wagon, is that correct?

Why did you feel like Dylan over Mail-mi, given that they're both there on the Scola wagon?

Hi hi!

No, I meant the wagons short list....

Vote Count 2.2

mail-mi (3): A Drowned Kernel, Calamitas, Swowl
Dylan32 (2): 2.71828....., LaLight
2.71828..... (2): Dylan32, mail-mi

Not Voting (3): SpaceAnemone, WestCoastDidds, yuma

I think one of those people are scum.

Dylan over yams is just a slight preference. I think they behaved very similarly, but Dylan was a bit more erratic. Although as I think about that more, erratic might be more town. I also thought e coming in late and creating an entirely different wagon (me!) that drew votes from Joseph was scummy. That there are wagons on the three scummiest people seems like like town is doing well, but maybe it just means we’re getting played.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 31, 2020, 09:31:16 am »

I prefer mail-mi as I cannot really imagine a scum!Dylan & town!mail-mi scenario, the push on mail-mi has been way to weak for that.

I find this an odd argument

1)I wouldn't call the push on mail-mi "weak", he's the second leading wagon and IIRC more than one person currently not voting for him has expressed willingness to do so
2)mail-mi would not be the scumteam's only option for a lynch to push
3)As I pointed out before, Dylan and mail-mi being scumbuddies is not an unreasonable scenario
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 31, 2020, 09:58:42 am »

even though Joseph was playing a really scummy D1 game
We both didn't see it as scummy at the time

Well, that's partially true. I saw it as Joseph-like, and I usually don't find town!Joseph to be that pro-town. However, consider how someone who'd drawn scum with him probably felt, watching him drawing so much attention to himself... I feel like they would have been a bit miffed, and would possibly have been quite ready to bus him hard after the L-1 stunt.

Personally, I only really started to doubt my benefit-of-the-doubt strategy on him when it got to twilight, but we have to remember that for the other scum, they would have known about his scummy motivation all the way through, so when they read his posts, they would probably have been much more keenly aware of how they'd look in retrospect/on a later read-through of the game. So yes, I do stand by the statemeny that he was playing a scummy game.

(The thing that swung me around in twilight before his flip was that I set out to do a full enumerated commentary on all his in-game posts, just to point out where he could have helped town out more and made less of a target out of himself. However, in doing that, I realised that when set out all in one list, his play was just too empty. It wasn't till three quarters of the way through his game posts that he actually offered a real opinion on another player's alignment. So that made me change my mind enough not to post an enumerated list, and instead just to summarise briefly in my post at #351, which opened with "Assuming you're town", but really I wasn't sure that was a good assumption by then anyway.. I just felt like covering my bases given that I had just done all that reading, and I remember back when I was new and got mislynched a lot, it was helpful that Haddock gave me some pointers about what people reacted badly to in my playstyle).

PPE 2
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 31, 2020, 10:03:23 am »

Dylan over yams is just a slight preference. I think they behaved very similarly, but Dylan was a bit more erratic. Although as I think about that more, erratic might be more town. I also thought e coming in late and creating an entirely different wagon (me!) that drew votes from Joseph was scummy. That there are wagons on the three scummiest people seems like like town is doing well, but maybe it just means we’re getting played.

How do you feel about the fact that two of the wagons are on people who were off-wagon on the Jopseh lynch, and instead voting for someone scum chose to flip as a known town, when otherwise he (that is scola) would have been probably a decent mislynch wagon for today given that he had plenty of votes yesterday?

What's your perspective of how likely it feels that scum was on the Joseph wagon with you?

@Yuma, same questions to you, if you please :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 31, 2020, 03:14:05 pm »

I am trying to figure out why scola was killed. I think scum just killed on-wagon, because one of them is off wagon. Also other than Dylan, I would prefer mail-mi or Calamitas.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 31, 2020, 03:32:50 pm »

I prefer mail-mi as I cannot really imagine a scum!Dylan & town!mail-mi scenario, the push on mail-mi has been way to weak for that.

I find this an odd argument

1)I wouldn't call the push on mail-mi "weak", he's the second leading wagon and IIRC more than one person currently not voting for him has expressed willingness to do so
2)mail-mi would not be the scumteam's only option for a lynch to push
3)As I pointed out before, Dylan and mail-mi being scumbuddies is not an unreasonable scenario
I don't worry at all about 3), in that scenario I don't care about whom I lynch first; thus it's not an argument against preferring mail-mi

I still feel 1) is true, he's the second leading wagon but I didn't feel a drive towards it. Sure, people stated they were fine going there but no one did. Instead, the Dylan wagon built and built and no one except me made a push for switching. Dylan could have easily been hammered by now, that's what I would call weak.

I think 2) is a bit mood as no one else was really pushed and mail-mi would be the most convenient choice. The arguments for him and Dylan are similar and a significant number of people have stated that they like either (though votes are mostly on Dylan).
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 31, 2020, 03:33:16 pm »

or Calamitas.
This is ridiculous.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 31, 2020, 03:38:25 pm »

I don't worry at all about 3), in that scenario I don't care about whom I lynch first; thus it's not an argument against preferring mail-mi

It's not an argument against preferring Dylan either

I think 2) is a bit mood as no one else was really pushed and mail-mi would be the most convenient choice. The arguments for him and Dylan are similar and a significant number of people have stated that they like either (though votes are mostly on Dylan).

I think e has been substantially pushed today

The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 31, 2020, 04:40:24 pm »

mail-mi, you expressed intent to hammer Dylan, has that changed at all?

I do find it interesting that mail-mi posts intent to hammer @542, Dylan gets back @556, then @560 and @567 mail-mi posts again but ignores Dylan, but just mentions that calamitas is a likely enough Dylan partner (560) and then a short "busy now, reply to the case on me later"

Was a fake intent? You really don't want to lynch your scum buddy, but posting intent to hammer seemed townie at the time?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 31, 2020, 04:41:28 pm »

Like, if mail-mi is actually town I see no reason why he didn't just hammer.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: May 31, 2020, 04:42:07 pm »

I know I am very much now going off a "both Dylan and mail-mi are scum" read

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 31, 2020, 04:48:09 pm »

I know I am very much now going off a "both Dylan and mail-mi are scum" read

I was hoping he would respond before I spelled that all out, but yes
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 31, 2020, 05:30:04 pm »

mail-mi, you expressed intent to hammer Dylan, has that changed at all?

I do find it interesting that mail-mi posts intent to hammer @542, Dylan gets back @556, then @560 and @567 mail-mi posts again but ignores Dylan, but just mentions that calamitas is a likely enough Dylan partner (560) and then a short "busy now, reply to the case on me later"

Was a fake intent? You really don't want to lynch your scum buddy, but posting intent to hammer seemed townie at the time?

Nope.

vote: dylan
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 31, 2020, 05:30:39 pm »

Like, if mail-mi is actually town I see no reason why he didn't just hammer.

I'm town. Also i haven't been keeping track of votes cause I've been busy so not sure if that's hammer or not.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 31, 2020, 05:30:56 pm »

Back for a bit

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 31, 2020, 05:31:10 pm »

Oh hammer

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 31, 2020, 05:34:36 pm »

Weird little triangle thing going on here with player's lynch pools today. Yuma pointed out earlier in the day that *assuming this part - after we got skum Day 1* we should stop the lists of chum to skum... which I agree with. Recently, there has been no chum to skum lists, but there has been lynch preferences.
Lynch preferences are just as bad. So are consolidating them into one large post, I think.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 31, 2020, 05:35:29 pm »

I will respond to space later, just noting this for when I have time.
Noting what?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 31, 2020, 05:41:57 pm »

How do you feel about the fact that two of the wagons are on people who were off-wagon on the Jopseh lynch, and instead voting for someone scum chose to flip as a known town, when otherwise he (that is scola) would have been probably a decent mislynch wagon for today given that he had plenty of votes yesterday?

What's your perspective of how likely it feels that scum was on the Joseph wagon with you?

@Yuma, same questions to you, if you please :-)
I am having a hard time parsing what you want me to answer? But I think it is based on the idea of assessing why scola was killed? I don't think that or any other analysis of NK is very useful and has rarely proven to be before.

But to actually answer your question, I would guess 1 on 1 off from a layperson's statistically viewpoint, but again don't really see it is being a useful way to actually scum or townread individuals.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 31, 2020, 05:53:39 pm »

I will respond to space later, just noting this for when I have time.
Noting what?

Noting to respond to their case on me.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 31, 2020, 06:19:20 pm »

Day 2 Final Vote Count

mail-mi (3): Calamitas, yuma, SpaceAnemone
Dylan32 (6): 2.71828....., LaLight, WestCoastDidds, Swowl, A Drowned Kernel, mail-mi
2.71828..... (1): Dylan32

Not Voting (0):

With 10 alive, it took 6 to lynch. Twilight begins now and lasts until June 01, 2020, 06:30:00 am or whenever faust gets here, whichever is latest.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 31, 2020, 07:07:40 pm »

Oh!

I guess that wasn’t a surprise, but still a bit unexpected.

I’ve got dinner and kid stuff for the next few hours...but I can check in again before I shut down for the evening
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 01, 2020, 12:09:17 am »

finished Sunday things, came to check in and it appears to be done.

kind of surprised that twilight has been open for so long and no one is chatting at all.
that being said I don't really have anything to chat about so I suppose I cannot hold it against anyone.

I am around for a few hours is anyone else is.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 01, 2020, 07:38:49 am »

It's not an argument against preferring Dylan either
Yes, so you can 100% ignore it when thinking about Dylan vs. mail-mi. That has been my point all the time.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 01, 2020, 07:42:47 am »

I really don't like that no one was going away from Dylan and don't like e's play at all at the end. It's pretty insane to allow the best alternative lynch target to hammer and even provoke him into doing so.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.996 seconds with 20 queries.