Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47  All

Author Topic: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Game over)  (Read 123388 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #725 on: June 08, 2020, 07:09:48 am »

I don't know why I asked, I think at last, that you're town. I just realised that this is a classic case of me being unable to read you and assuming you're scum again and again. Also stalled game, get a lynch already!

Now I think more clearly. let's lynch mm
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 08, 2020, 07:10:42 am »

if Calamitas is scum, it would be hard to lynch him without a result, unfortunately
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 08, 2020, 07:11:49 am »

Vote: mail-mi

works for me
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 08, 2020, 07:17:39 am »

I am very interested in the general lack of PRs we are seeing in flips.

We have at least 2 letters since we have the scum RB flip.

But no need for any claims at this point I think.a
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 08, 2020, 10:21:57 am »

This is the wrong move, I am town. Look at my interactions D1 with Joseph, then look at my last 3 scum games D1 with my partners. I don't defend my partners so actively like that, it's basically suicide (As can be seen from the constant wagons on me).

More responses in a minute.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 08, 2020, 10:34:45 am »

I am struggling to stay active in this game. But mail-mi and e lynches are both fine by me, so

vote: mail-mi

That is L-1 I believe
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 08, 2020, 10:51:40 am »

why is 2.7 not getting lynched? what are the alternatives? mail-mi and Swowl?

i don't know. i think it's 2.7 for sure and i will figure out who the second one is later
see my previous post for why specially mail-mi over e in my opinion. Why do you think e for sure?
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 08, 2020, 10:53:29 am »

*sigh* I am a VT. My lynch isn't the worst ever, but it's also a bad idea and we'll go to mylo.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 08, 2020, 10:56:06 am »

*sigh* I am a VT. My lynch isn't the worst ever, but it's also a bad idea and we'll go to mylo.

I assume you think I am scum with.....?

What do you think of LaLight?

What do you think of my posts that demonstrate why I think calamitas and swowl are town?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 08, 2020, 10:57:23 am »

What do you think of my posts that demonstrate why I think calamitas and swowl are town?

reply #709 and #710. Curious about your thoughts on those two posts especially

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: June 08, 2020, 10:58:01 am »

I was getting to that.

I already thought Swowl was town, so I agree with you there. I'm also more suspicious of LaLight, considering they've just kinda skirted along this game until you and yuma started pointing out their scumminess. They're probably your partner. I'd have to look over again what you wrote about Calamitas.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #736 on: June 08, 2020, 11:00:56 am »

This is just a super duper townie string of posts from Calamitas leading up to deadline.  The vote here put Joseph at L-2 and really made it THE lynch of choice. Calamitas then defends the Joseph wagon as really about as good a D1 lynch as you could get. Weird random ideas were rejected (my little fling with a WCD Wagon existed at the time) for a vote to ensure that a lynch happened.

I think I agree. I haven't actually reread D1 yet, I was mostly scumreading Calamitas due to his position on-wagon. If I recall correctly, the scola wagon was still a viable choice at the time, so moving to Joseph was basically the lynchpin, as you say.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: June 08, 2020, 11:01:10 am »

why is 2.7 not getting lynched? what are the alternatives? mail-mi and Swowl?

i don't know. i think it's 2.7 for sure and i will figure out who the second one is later
see my previous post for why specially mail-mi over e in my opinion. Why do you think e for sure?
replied without reading the last two pages

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: June 08, 2020, 11:03:31 am »

I am confused about e. Look how they attacked me at the beginning of D2 and still had me as slightly scummy after my defense. Their townread in the page before doesn’t use any new information (not saying there isn’t new stuff that is town!me indicative, just saying they didn’t use it)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 08, 2020, 11:04:13 am »

I still think e is our best choice of lynch for today.

I sorta forgot Didds was in this game, though that's pretty hard to do normally. So that makes me lean toward scummy on her, but I don't think scum!e tries to divert a wagon from his partner to his other partner on D1. So if e is town, didds is probably scum, and vice versa.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 08, 2020, 11:08:23 am »

I am confused about e. Look how they attacked me at the beginning of D2 and still had me as slightly scummy after my defense. Their townread in the page before doesn’t use any new information (not saying there isn’t new stuff that is town!me indicative, just saying they didn’t use it)

The attack on you D2 was pure gut reactionary to a singular post disregarding the whole game.

I have since rejected that knee-jerk read

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 08, 2020, 11:09:16 am »

The continued slightly scummy was just me not having fully read you and coloring my read based on my knee-jerk reaction

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: June 08, 2020, 11:16:01 am »

Rereading LaLight now.

I see e's point on LaLight's position on the Joseph wagon. Placed there before it became the lynch of the day, either didn't get online before it became THE lynch or didn't want to unvote because that would be hecka scummy. So definite scumpoints there.

I'm mostly just confused by LaLight saying Dylan will claim VT. Is it because he is scum and knows that we don't have very many power roles? Is it for some other reason? I don't know, but I think I'm leaning with slightly scummier.

Then today LaLight stops voting for e after e proclaims a scumread on them and votes for me. I'm not sure if this is a partner interaction, but if e is town I can see LaLight trying to buddy up to him to dissuade his scumread. I guess I could also see it as a partner interaction as well.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 08, 2020, 11:17:36 am »

Rereading LaLight now.

I see e's point on LaLight's position on the Joseph wagon. Placed there before it became the lynch of the day, either didn't get online before it became THE lynch or didn't want to unvote because that would be hecka scummy. So definite scumpoints there.

I'm mostly just confused by LaLight saying Dylan will claim VT. Is it because he is scum and knows that we don't have very many power roles? Is it for some other reason? I don't know, but I think I'm leaning with slightly scummier.

Then today LaLight stops voting for e after e proclaims a scumread on them and votes for me. I'm not sure if this is a partner interaction, but if e is town I can see LaLight trying to buddy up to him to dissuade his scumread. I guess I could also see it as a partner interaction as well.

Conclusions from my read: I am willing to lynch LaLight today. I think they could be partners with e or with WCD. Or with yuma, I suppose. So I guess here's a lynch preference list:

Prefer to lynch: e, LaLight
Would be willing to lynch: yuma, Calamitas, WCD
Don't want to lynch but will if I have to: Swowl
Won't lynch: me, ADK.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 08, 2020, 11:27:02 am »

Rereading LaLight now.

Conclusions from my read: I am willing to lynch LaLight today. I think they could be partners with e or with WCD. Or with yuma, I suppose. So I guess here's a lynch preference list:

So, if we Lynch LaLight and they flip scum, you still think I am scum?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 08, 2020, 11:31:26 am »

Rereading LaLight now.

I would still have a scumread on you, but not as strongly as I do now.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 08, 2020, 11:32:25 am »

LaLight, please state your intention with the "will claim VT"

Mail-mi: Do you have a possible narrative why scum!e continues to push Dylan? I need to read that section, just realized my source for that is e themselves. Because scum!e should have tried to let go a bit, make me convince everyone to switch to you and then either me or Dylan is next in line.

PPE: 2

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 08, 2020, 11:34:43 am »

Rereading LaLight now.

I would still have a scumread on you, but not as strongly as I do now.

Let me clarify: I would want to look much more closely at WCD and yuma because I think they are equally (if not more) likely to be partners with lalight.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 08, 2020, 11:37:01 am »

LaLight, please state your intention with the "will claim VT"

Mail-mi: Do you have a possible narrative why scum!e continues to push Dylan? I need to read that section, just realized my source for that is e themselves. Because scum!e should have tried to let go a bit, make me convince everyone to switch to you and then either me or Dylan is next in line.

PPE: 2

I mean, after dylan is lynched I am next in line, and scum!e can also divert to lalight (as seen here) or yuma or whathaveyou.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 08, 2020, 11:41:48 am »

Bottom line what I am trying to get at with mail-mi: your scum pairings don't add up.

Joseph/e/X pairings just don't work.

In fact, most pairings don't work. Joseph/mail-mi/LaLight does work
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 19 queries.