Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47  All

Author Topic: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Game over)  (Read 124174 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #700 on: June 08, 2020, 03:52:33 am »

the two quoted posts are back to back
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #701 on: June 08, 2020, 03:53:05 am »

i think that scum actively ignores Joseph wagon, as it doesn't build as fast as it could have.

I'll return to vote: Joseph

"Scum ignores the wagon"

"Let me vote on the wagon"
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 08, 2020, 03:55:19 am »

Vote Count 3.3

2.71828..... (4): LaLight, mail-mi, WestCoastDidds, Swowl
mail-mi (1): Calamitas
LaLight (1): 2.71828.....

Not Voting (2): A Drowned Kernel, yuma

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends June 10, 2020, 03:30:00 am. That is in less than 48 hours.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 08, 2020, 04:00:27 am »

why is 2.7 not getting lynched? what are the alternatives? mail-mi and Swowl?

i don't know. i think it's 2.7 for sure and i will figure out who the second one is later

hell

I'm extremely frustrated. vote: Calamitas , I guess

Or, you know, Calamitas is an alternative.  You voted them quick enough to start the day but then all of a sudden I am THE ONLY OPTION other than mail-mi and swowl.

Why mail-mi and swowl? Do you no longer have your own reads or do you just go with what town players are thinking to buddy them?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #704 on: June 08, 2020, 04:12:43 am »

Let's review LaLight's Day 2:

definitely vote: Dylan

wanted to do this yesterday after weird flipflop on me, but Joseph was scummier, of course
vote: 2.7
your level of activity is fine, don't let my vote discourage you!

so, I haven't slept for 1,5 days and maybe my logic is flawed, but 2.7 was REALLY deliberate in his last posts. Like, scum deliberate. I mean when I am town, I write blurbs of somewhat meaningful information, when I am scum, I am super confident and make underlined bolded lists. i actually just imagined you doing it and thought, oh, thia guy is scum.
also, lists

also also the more i think about it, it just means you're a good player.

back to vote: Dylan

and, yeah SDAMA (Sleep Deprived Ask Me Anything)

The reasoning I based my thoughts around was exactly that I think he was expecting an off-wagon scumbuddy to come in and hammer, especially because he hinted at having been looking at who was watching the thread. Isn't that something that might be really quite plausible? I think Joseph is aware that scum likes coordinated quickhammers (albeit ignoring the fact that that's mostly at mylo etc!) and was trying to set something up so that one of his buddies could swoop in and hammer before any townies got cold feet. Yes, it's definitely sub-optimal play, as others have already pointed out, but it feels very much like the sort of scheme Joseph woudl try.
I mean, the theory sounds good but I am not sure you aren't overly cynical here. I mean, it would not be suboptimal but downright lunatic to pull something like that off with no need on D1.

But I mean, he refused to say who was online which has a pretty good reason in that theory...(in hindsight, we should have pressed him hard then and there)

@LaLight: Do you remember any game where Joseph did something on this order of craziness

not really
What do you all think about making Dylan and/or mail-mi claim?

@Space,ADK,LaLight in particular

I like both! But the best way to do this is getting either to L-1, so what are we waiting for
also a bit of foreshadowing: Dylan will claim VT.
I am trying to figure out why scola was killed. I think scum just killed on-wagon, because one of them is off wagon. Also other than Dylan, I would prefer mail-mi or Calamitas.

8 posts, opens up voting Dylan before I even show up and build my Amazing Case That Crashed and Burned When Dylan Flipped Town (ACTCBWDFT from here on out)

Then votes for me after ACTCBWDFT, then back to Dylan because.....because Dylan had an early day flip-flop on LaLight D1? Looking back, we know that was just town!Dylan trying to find scum. So, as bad as my case ended up being, LaLight makes no mention of it, no reason for the Dylan vote.

Then we have an answer to a question specifically addressed to them, along with a pro-claim post. And then "Dylan will claim VT" post.  (Potentially because scum know the setup and we rolled a game with a bunch of VTs....but that is conspiracy theory stuff).

Then a random post about why scola was killed and then silence to let the Dylan lynch run its course.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: June 08, 2020, 04:17:59 am »

back.
almost nothing has changed, so because.. a) I am tried and b) nothing has changed...

Vote: E!

I am just gonna be completely honest on this - at this point until I see an E! flip I do not think there is anything that can happen (less I suppose a result confirmation or something) that will keep me from wanting to lynch E!. This is me thinking this after taking 2 days off and looking at everything again. There are other candidates I suppose, but to me E! is in there own bracket at this point the way the day as progressed.

That is L-2

Also, I think this is town!swowl with the L-1 thinking it was L-2

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 08, 2020, 04:21:28 am »

And also, yeah.  I agree with Swowl's sentiment that the wagon/case/etc on me is a very large distraction and that my flip could be very helpful for town.

That being said, we don't have a TON of wiggle room.  Although we do have enough where lynching me isn't the end of the world

Right now - 8 alive with 2 scum
Lynch me/town NK - 6 alive 2 scum Mylo
No lynch (probably) - 5 alive 2 scum Lylo

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 08, 2020, 04:24:37 am »

Don't get me wrong though....I am a huge proponent of just lynching scum over mislynching me.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 08, 2020, 04:27:06 am »

Also, I realized that I can't just tunnel mail-mi like I did Dylan.  There is a partner out there. 

Still think mail-mi is scum, but I do like my case on LaLight.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 08, 2020, 04:40:35 am »

So 4 on Joseph. Are we going to lynch him or do we need to go elsewhere?

I will be moving my vote elsewhere soon to someone pretty specific if it doesn't gain traction, and I think it should.

Mostly I feel like there are players that just haven't said anything about it. That makes me feel... tingly? But not in a good way. Or maybe I am just nervous about ano-lynch. But that turned out fine last game. Although i think that is the exception cause that game was thumpin weird.
I much prefer Joseph over no-lynch. Right now my preference order is Scola > Joseph > Rest.

I will probably not be around before deadline, have to see. I think I will do vote: Joseph for now. Haven't read WCD so no preference there yet, noticed nothing in the normal flow of the game.

And that was a joke, so Unvote

I don't get it

The best jokes are the ones that need to be explained more.  But actually, Joseph can do some crazy stuff, I don't think voting to L-1 here is a scum tell

Voting to L-1 isn't scummy but immediately unvoting and calling it a joke is
It is not scummy in the sense that Joseph is more likely to do that as scum than as town. Joseph does crazy (seeming?) stuff all-the-time

I don't think scum!joseph votes there because he really thinks the lynch could go through. He votes because he's hoping it makes him look towny (and if scola is his partner, it has a good chance of getting rid of his wagon). But his immediate unvote makes it look, to me, like he became concerned about the optics of the vote right after he placed it, which is a scum mindset

Well, that's at least a possible narrative. I think I thought the wording of the unvote was what people were talking about. I forget who but someone made the comment "Joseph's joke unvote" is scummier than "Unvote" would have been, and I think that's what I don't get.

If Joseph had said "on second thought, unvote, I don't want someone to derphammer" or "actually on second thought I don't think scola's scum, unvote" that would be one thing. But the saying that he was joking makes it seem like he feels like he concerned, not about whether he was voting for scum, but how people would view his vote
From my experience, trying to analyze what Joseph was thinking never leads to good results

Keeping my vote on Joseph, will assumably not be around until the deadline

This is just a super duper townie string of posts from Calamitas leading up to deadline.  The vote here put Joseph at L-2 and really made it THE lynch of choice. Calamitas then defends the Joseph wagon as really about as good a D1 lynch as you could get. Weird random ideas were rejected (my little fling with a WCD Wagon existed at the time) for a vote to ensure that a lynch happened.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 08, 2020, 04:51:38 am »

Not going to quote Swowl because they have some really long block posts, but I think they are super townie

They were very much against the Joseph wagon, but all of their rationale was very townie I thought.

Also, to start D2 they basically make a choice between Dylan and mail-mi, and land on mail-mi.  Yes, later Swowl goes and does vote for Dylan, but the initial gut reaction to start the day was mail-mi (who is of unconfirmed alignment). And if you look at the move to Dylan, it was not a move that kind of just flowed from ACTCBWDFT, but he basically talked himself into it. 

Also, lots of good, long analysis posts and I am a sucker for those. 

Bottom line: Lean town

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 08, 2020, 04:53:17 am »

SCUM
mail-mi
LaLight

STILL NEED TO REREAD
yuma
WCD

LEAN TOWN
Swowl
Calamitas

TOWN
e, ADK

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 08, 2020, 05:01:47 am »

this game is weirdely slow

We could lynch Joseph
Yes.

But you aren't voting for him...
Oh....

You are right.

vote: joseph

Alright, there is a distinct lack of yuma and e in this game.

Dudes, what's up?
I am here! I pointed out why joseph was actually scummy then everyone ran away from it. Including me. mail-mi shenanigans distracted me.

But otherwise I haven't been here. Work has been a bit. But that should be mostly over by Tuesday.

So this little exchange is interesting. 

IF mail-mi is scum, I really don't see yuma as the third partner doing this.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 08, 2020, 05:03:04 am »

ADK, swowl and west. You are my biggest town reads, who should we lynch?

I also am interested in Dylan's thoughts.

Alternative translation:

"Town, town, and town.  You are my biggest town reads, who should we lynch?

I am also interested in Town's thoughts"

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 08, 2020, 05:06:05 am »

yeah, really think yuma is town.  From the L-1 vote on Joseph to his D2 preference of either e/mail-mi over a now flipped town Dylan.

Just very town.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 08, 2020, 05:06:32 am »

Also, reread WCD.  I think she is town as well.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 08, 2020, 05:07:12 am »

And that's a wrap!  Game solved (this time for real)

LaLight and mail-mi are scum with Joseph.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 08, 2020, 05:53:26 am »

And....the long wait as people in US time zones wake up...

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 08, 2020, 06:53:30 am »

why is 2.7 not getting lynched? what are the alternatives? mail-mi and Swowl?

i don't know. i think it's 2.7 for sure and i will figure out who the second one is later

hell

I'm extremely frustrated. vote: Calamitas , I guess

Or, you know, Calamitas is an alternative.  You voted them quick enough to start the day but then all of a sudden I am THE ONLY OPTION other than mail-mi and swowl.

Why mail-mi and swowl? Do you no longer have your own reads or do you just go with what town players are thinking to buddy them?

not really all of a sudden, the day went on, you know.

mail-mi and swowl are the only two people other than you that I don't at least mildly townread

also, I think I wouldn't be very surprised if Calamitas is scum, he's amazing at that
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 08, 2020, 06:54:35 am »

Alternative translation:

this and your next post suggest that yuma knows alignments of players. why do you townread him?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: June 08, 2020, 06:55:29 am »

anyway, vote: mail-mi

i believe you (other than that I am scum, of course)

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 08, 2020, 06:57:15 am »

Alternative translation:

this and your next post suggest that yuma knows alignments of players. why do you townread him?

I am putting my reads into Yuma's post, not saying he knows alignments.

But I can see how it reads that way

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 08, 2020, 07:00:46 am »

Alternative translation:

well, if you believe in your reads, shouldn't yuma be a bot suspicious for you?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 08, 2020, 07:06:05 am »

Alternative translation:

well, if you believe in your reads, shouldn't yuma be a bot suspicious for you?

Confirming because is looks like autocorrect or something got you: you are saying I should be suspicious of Yuma?

No, scum doesn't make a list of 4 people like that on D1 without including a partner.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 08, 2020, 07:08:25 am »

Alternative translation:

well, if you believe in your reads, shouldn't yuma be a bit suspicious for you?

Confirming because is looks like autocorrect or something got you: you are saying I should be suspicious of Yuma?

No, scum doesn't make a list of 4 people like that on D1 without including a partner.

yeah, fixed it

ok then

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 19 queries.