Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47  All

Author Topic: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Game over)  (Read 124582 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #525 on: May 29, 2020, 10:30:00 pm »

So this actually started as a case elaboration on MailMi... but due to a finding or two, turned into a case on Dylan.

Order of relevant actions:

Votes RVS for LL

#97 Dylan calls Scola skummy for voting Joseph for referring in 3rd person, votes for Scola

Dylan votes for Scola

#130 Dylan's shepherd post. Gives their reasons, states that because of how wagon ran up (and that they stand by their original voting reason) they were gonna leave vote on Scola for a bit. Also - agrees with WCD in that there likely could be skum that got on behind him.
---- So I am a little confused as to how everyone missed this so far. Dylan, in the same post, says they think Scola is skummy still, and that there was likely skum that got on the wagon behind him? I mean if that is town!Dylan then that is Town Dylan a)not going to Joseph and staying on Scola and b) saying they think that both Scola AND someone else behind them on wagon are skummy. That is a lot. I missed this too to be fair but this is weird af. ---
----- Also, for reference, this was the height of the Pasta wagon:
[Dylan32, A Drowned Kernel, LaLight, mail-mi, Calamitas, Joseph] ADK is Town, and they certainly did NOT think Joseph was skum... So dylan is FOSing at LL, MM, Calam in that spot.

#212 - Dylan agrees with Swowl that Joseph didn't really do anything skummy and finds the people that are fixated on Joseph the more skummier of the lot.

#214 - Now 2 posts later, they say not only do they find people behind him on Pasta skummy, but also the people that are moving to Joseph. They also vote for LL after isoing the LCD players to either ADK or LL.

--- so here is the thing with all that.
first) people behind him on Pasta are skummy
second) people honing in on Joseph are skummy
third) goes for LL over ADK

So I am less interested in the concept of why they chose ADK over LL, as it means nothing without a flip. However, what is skummy, is just how this panned out.
1) Wagon runs up on Town!Scola
2) Wagon starts to shift to Joseph
3) Dylan finds people on Scola behind him skummy, while also finding people moving to Joseph skummy.

So then...
1) Why still on Scola?
2) Convenient timing.

So.. Joseph's thoughts...
a) People on Scola behind him are skummy but also Scola is skummy
b) People that piled off onto Joseph are skummy, but Joseph himself is not skummy enough vs Scola (even though point "a") to merit a Dylan vote for Joseph.
c) Then ends up putting it all together and voting for LL... which is fine. Except that it all hangs on the concept that he has to be hard Town Reading both Joseph and Scolapasta... except he liked his vote on Scolapasta.

#223 - post that is worth a lot of town points. States that skum may be likely to jump on the first building wagon (people on scola behind himself), but then if another town wagon (at this time thought of as Joseph) came up, they may not want to play hop scotch and jump around. This is a good point in a vortex. However, Joseph flipped red. So they have gone from People behind me on scola are skummy, to people that are focusing on Joseph that were also on scola behind me are skummy, to people behind me on scola are skummy and cross reference that with people that ignored the Joseph wagon - those are the skummy skums.

#226 - points out Space, Calam and E are the ones that ignorged the Joseph wagon. But they are all ok, probably just inactivity... scola is the skummy one because they are in-decisive.

whatever posts followed by...

#301 - where they move to WCD. They find Scola more skummy still - but WCD is where they choose. This is 12 hours out.

#307 - defends josephs weird play

#311 - defends Joseph again

#312 - Votes back to Scolapasta

#315 - If joseph flipped Green I would lynch dylan for this post. Says that scola is a better case, yet he sees why people are voting for them. However, Joseph flipped red, so it wasn't like they were leaving the window open to move.

He checks back in and says there is no reason that has been brought up that is merits enough credit to change their mind to Joseph over Scola. Then they check back in during twilight to comment on the UB claim shit.

TLDR; I obviously didn't want to lynch Joseph either, so I cannot hold that against Dylan. However, the multiple attempts to link suspicion to players he should not know the alignment of, combined with the multiple attempts to dismantle the Joseph wagon, combined with some of the other details there in between... this is where I am at:

Vote: Dylan

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 30, 2020, 01:47:34 am »

^that is kinda what I did with Joseph/Raptor last game, but more on Day2. And I was town. Bad bad bad town.

But I am sure I am not anymore! So let's march confidently ahead even though I am quite behind and could really do a in depth reread (but honestly I don't think I will.... sorry if that makes it unfun for you guys to play). But from what I have read I am going to vote: mai-mi

I see his shenanigans (it is a fun word!) shenanigans, shenanigans, shenanigans, shenanigans... very fun... everyone should try it... were something to hide behind. I thought it Day 1 and I still think it especially as it clouded much of the interactions he had with Joseph... that might actually be something for someone (not me) to look at. Whether mail-mi interacted in this way with anyone else that could be their dual scummate. But maybe if this theory were true he wouldn't focus so much on both partners? I don't know. Plus the people that seem to know more are thinking similarly, so this is what I am doing.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 30, 2020, 01:48:04 am »

also hama

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 30, 2020, 01:49:25 am »

oh. no one else is here...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 30, 2020, 01:49:39 am »

that is embarrassing

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 30, 2020, 02:41:30 am »

Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 30, 2020, 02:42:34 am »

It was pretty late Friday night for US people. I was eating breakfast then cleaning up the blueberry mess on the little guy. He is down for nap #1 now though
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 30, 2020, 02:50:39 am »

Vote Count 2.e

mail-mi (2): Calamitas, yuma
Dylan32 (4): 2.71828....., LaLight, WCD, Swowl
2.71828..... (2): Dylan32, mail-mi
Swowl (1): ADK

Not Voting (3): SpaceAnemone

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 30, 2020, 02:52:21 am »

Swowl's last post where he started trying to build a case on mail-mi but landed on Dylan just reads super-duper town to me. Don't really want to lynch swowl today anymore.

Mail-mi or Dylan.

Ready to lynch either one.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 30, 2020, 03:09:03 am »

Vote Count 2.3

mail-mi (2): Calamitas, yuma
Dylan32 (4): 2.71828....., LaLight, WestCoastDidds, Swowl
2.71828..... (2): Dylan32, mail-mi
Swowl (1): A Drowned Kernel

Not Voting (1): SpaceAnemone

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends June 02, 2020, 05:30:00 am.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 30, 2020, 11:13:26 am »

I'm not lynching LL, didds or space today
I woke up this morning having questions about this. Why am I (and others) townreading Space? They were off-wagon just like dylan, swowl, and me. I might be townreading them just cause they're Space. I'm adding them to my reread list.
I posted my reasons for townreading them somewhere

Could you point me to them?

Was phone posting yesterday, here we go

Okay, finished re-reading. First round of thoughts on Space:
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 30, 2020, 11:22:39 am »

Did some rereading of D2 in particular and I think that I'm ok with

vote: Dylan

This is L-1
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 30, 2020, 11:23:04 am »

Just re-read Dylan and mail-mi and I am less confident about them than I used to be a few days ago even though not much has changed.

Still slight preference of mail-mi over Dylan, though gap to e has closed from reads alone. Not willing to go there as of now though as the people pushing for e are my biggest scumreads which is by no means a good sign.

Still unsure about Swowl and cannot reread right now.

PPE: 1

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 30, 2020, 11:27:51 am »

I think Dylan should claim

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: May 30, 2020, 12:22:42 pm »

I'm not lynching LL, didds or space today
I woke up this morning having questions about this. Why am I (and others) townreading Space? They were off-wagon just like dylan, swowl, and me. I might be townreading them just cause they're Space. I'm adding them to my reread list.
I posted my reasons for townreading them somewhere

Could you point me to them?

Was phone posting yesterday, here we go

Okay, finished re-reading. First round of thoughts on Space:

Thank you, i have a little bit more reason to my space townread now.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 30, 2020, 12:23:59 pm »

I don’t like about Dylan though that except from LaLight none of my townreads is on that wagon. No ADK, no Space, no me.

Also, note that no one except me pushed for mail-mi over Dylan really and this is something scum should  definitely do if we have scum!Dylan and town!mail-mi. My analysis (or rather the fact that mail-mi’s case is sufficiently strong) should have been the perfect platform for pulling that off and no-one did that.

We really should go to mail-mi

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 30, 2020, 12:25:11 pm »

This is L-1

I'm good with a Dylan lynch. I mean, from my perspective it's either him or Swowl (or both) and as of now I don't have a preference on either one.

Consider this an Intent to hammer to encourage a claim.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 30, 2020, 12:28:06 pm »

I don’t like about Dylan though that except from LaLight none of my townreads is on that wagon. No ADK, no Space, no me.

Also, note that no one except me pushed for mail-mi over Dylan really and this is something scum should  definitely do if we have scum!Dylan and town!mail-mi. My analysis (or rather the fact that mail-mi’s case is sufficiently strong) should have been the perfect platform for pulling that off and no-one did that.

We really should go to mail-mi

No, we shouldn't. If you look at my D1 posts, I'm pretty sure I talked about Joseph more than any other player, and I was actively defending him. I don't do that as scum. Look at D1 of hunger games, where my top two scumreads were my two scum buddies.

Also, I would not be putting this much effort in as scum. Look at BM30, which was my third scum game in a row. I was pretty tired of being mafia, and my play was pretty lackluster. I was ecstatic when I got greentext in my pm for this game.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 30, 2020, 12:29:06 pm »

This is L-1

I'm good with a Dylan lynch. I mean, from my perspective it's either him or Swowl (or both) and as of now I don't have a preference on either one.

What about e?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 30, 2020, 12:33:11 pm »

This is L-1

What about e?

I still have a scumread on e but he has to have a partner somewhere, and I'm 100% sure that the remaining 2 scum were not both on-wagon.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 30, 2020, 01:50:48 pm »

I’m filling up my car halfway through a many hour drive and have to work immediately on arrival, but assuming I’m the one at l1, I will claim and answer whatever arguments have been made in a while. Just wait a few hours for me to have the chance to. Like honestly I won’t even be mad if I’m hammered because my reads were so bad D1, but I just need time to read what has actually been said to answer it.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 30, 2020, 02:15:14 pm »

I got a little behind, so I'll re-read a bunch of D2 stuff in more detail now.

I agree with Calamitas that if we have scum!Dylan and town!Mail-mi, then we should have expected more of a scum!Mail-mi case to have been made. Which ironically makes me worried about then coming along with a Mail-mi re-read in case I feel like he's scummier than Dylan :-P However, the optics are less important than trying to get a glorious town victory...
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 30, 2020, 02:50:45 pm »

There's a third option here, which is scum!Dylan and scum!mail-mi
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 30, 2020, 03:54:24 pm »

There's a third option here, which is scum!Dylan and scum!mail-mi
Yeah, but in that case mail-mi is just a good choice

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47  All

Page created in 1.716 seconds with 19 queries.