Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 47  All

Author Topic: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Game over)  (Read 124330 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #350 on: May 24, 2020, 06:43:49 am »

Shall we have some twilight conversation?

The hammer happened before I was even awake. While Calamitas, who's an hour ahead of me, had stated he wasn't going to be on for the deadline, it's pretty clear that scola could have been an option given the European votes as we woke up. I think Yuma and e deserve a few scumpoints for rushing it through before that.

The Didds wagon came out of nowhere, and I'm suspicious that it evapourated again by the actual hammer, bar Joseph's anyone-but-Joseph-motivated vote. I was slightly suspicious that it was a ploy by part of the scumteam to wagon one of their own as a way to panic everyone onto the lynch wagon, but then I looked at the actual vote order, and Didds had moved to Joseph of her own volition at #272, and e didn't start her wagon up at all until #294, so that's not such a smart theory. Yes, Didds's response to being voted actually sounded genuinely indignant, but she's smart and knows how to use words, so while I think she's townie, I'm definitely willing to entertain the possibility that she's scum for the purposes of exploring wild theories.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 24, 2020, 07:22:31 am »

who is skummy?
Interesting e came back from the non existence to hammer this shit. Scummy

I don't think any of the lynch options (me, scola, Didds) were that good, though that's what happens when nobody posts much all day. You just make up random wagons

Assuming you're town, you weren't giving your team a lot to work with pre-lynch. A couple of people have asked you who you think is scummy, and all you've said is that you don't know, or don't like the available options, or you've used it as a chance to complain about how other people aren't posting enough. Instead, maybe say who you think is townie, and hence who, by elimination, your lynchpool would contain, so that at least you're giving other people something positive to work with.

On the other hand, it really could be useful to you to share who you think is scummy, even if it's a big pool of PoE people, because that way you can also hide in that the information about the person you thought was townie because they didn't explicitly hammer scola when they were presumably presented with the chance. Though as others have pointed out, it's probably at most a confirmation that the person in question isn't playing a particular style of suboptimal scumgame, not that they're not scum.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 24, 2020, 07:56:35 am »

I may or may not be around for deadline
Giving you time to claim doesn't really make sense if you post that stuff. You really should have claimed then and there
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 24, 2020, 08:32:26 am »

If a governor is thinking about using their power on Joseph, don't. He's lying
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 24, 2020, 09:13:24 am »

You seem really confident about this, why so?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 24, 2020, 09:23:45 am »

You seem really confident about this, why so?

Lynch calamitas tomorrow please
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 24, 2020, 09:25:51 am »

That was a knee jerk reaction. Just so there isn't any dumb confusion, I'm the UB
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 24, 2020, 11:46:43 am »

That was a knee jerk reaction. Just so there isn't any dumb confusion, I'm the UB

Interesting. Theres no point in claiming this if ADK is scum, so they're definitely town. And it seems I was wrong about Joseph.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 24, 2020, 01:49:55 pm »

Interesting. Theres no point in claiming this if ADK is scum, so they're definitely town. And it seems I was wrong about Joseph.
I'm the actual UB...
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 24, 2020, 02:17:26 pm »

I'm the actual UB...
Then why the heck would ADK counterclaim you after you've already been lynched?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: May 24, 2020, 02:22:01 pm »

I am really curious for the flip

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 24, 2020, 02:27:13 pm »

I mean, I can't imagine a world in which scum is happy forcing a 1v1 on D1, even if it is to trick a governor into letting the UB get lynched. Is the UB strong enough to make that a trade that anyone would consider?
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 24, 2020, 02:47:31 pm »

I'm the actual UB...
Then why the heck would ADK counterclaim you after you've already been lynched?

I don’t get it...
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 24, 2020, 03:36:58 pm »

As faust stayed on the phone waiting for someone to answer the call, he thought that maybe he did not time things ideally. There was a pressure... should he go, just very quickly? Surely he would have to wait for at least another ten minutes anyway. He was about to turn towards the bathroom...

"Hello, this is SmartHome Customer Appreciation Center, how can I assist you today?"

Joseph2302 has been lynched! They were Going to the Bathroom while in the Waiting Queue, the Mafia Roleblocker!

Night 1 begins now and lasts until May 26, 2020, 03:30:00 am. Night actions are due one hour before the Night ends.

Thread locked!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #364 on: May 26, 2020, 05:25:44 am »

As faust was on the phone, suddenly the Kitchen-o-matic sprung into action and shot hot, steaming coffee out right into scolapasta's face, who was just checking to see if something might have been clogged.

scolapasta has been killed. They were a Vanilla Townie.

Day 2 begins!

Vote Count 2.0

Not Voting (10): mail-mi, SpaceAnemone, WestCoastDidds, yuma, LaLight, Calamitas, 2.71828....., A Drowned Kernel, DatSwan, Dylan32

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends June 02, 2020, 05:30:00 am.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 08:03:48 am by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 26, 2020, 06:01:38 am »

scolapasta has been lynched. They were a Vanilla Townie.

I assume this should be killed not lynched
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 26, 2020, 06:02:54 am »

Also, fantastic Lynch everyone. I take zero credit for the actual Lynch, but will gladly assume my position as pseudo-IC with the hammer
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 26, 2020, 06:04:44 am »

We also don't need last second claims.

Also, this

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 26, 2020, 07:40:07 am »

Also, fantastic Lynch everyone. I take zero credit for the actual Lynch, but will gladly assume my position as pseudo-IC with the hammer

Haha.. if anyone's getting to be a pseudo-IC, it should be ADK with the uncontested claimed UB status. Though I need to go back and check to what extent the scumteam could know if we're in a game situation where there isn't a UB at all, since that would actually be a neat way of trying to IC a scum. I should come back to that though later.

Actually, I think to Joseph's teammates, he might have been playing such a bad scumgame that they may have been majorly tempted to bus. Things like complaining all the way through the game about how much of mislynch target he is, and asking me about what roles are most likely to be in the game are really scummy when you realise he was just scum all along, so presumably were quite uncomforatble for his buddies to read.

OTOH, I realise this reads as me trying to throw shade on the on-wagon people while I myself was an incorrectly off-wagon person. I was genuinely trying to overcome my bias where I always just want to lynch him anyway. Apologies for having swung too far in the direction of trying to assume overtly scummy play by Joseph was just him being him :-(

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M127: faust's setup rerun
« Reply #369 on: May 26, 2020, 07:53:43 am »

if anyone's getting to be a pseudo-IC, it should be ADK with the uncontested claimed UB status. Though I need to go back and check to what extent the scumteam could know if we're in a game situation where there isn't a UB at all

All games include a Universal Back-Up.

From the setup

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 26, 2020, 07:54:29 am »

So yeah, ADK is totally IC here.

Interesting why scum didn't kill them, I guess just WIFOM

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 26, 2020, 08:05:44 am »

I am actually confused about this. First of all, why the heck would ADK claim as UB here. Governors are not really likely and its not like it would even be a certainty whether a hypothetical governor would even save Joseph here (UB is most convenient claim, would be NKed afterwards if actual UB)

I thought that ADK is WIFOM'ing UB/Virgin/Commuter or the like, that explains the non-NK. So we need to answer whether we should treat ADKs thing as an actual UB claim. As of now, I don't treat it as such; what do you think? Even without taking the claim into account, I strongly townread ADK (did not re-read) for his very hard push on Joseph.

Also, I am confused by the choice of Scola as target.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 26, 2020, 08:07:43 am »

I wouldn't go that far. Need to re-read, but I would much rather townread the people who pushed the wagon before it manifested as basically the only choice. Busing right at the end is not that unimaginable

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 26, 2020, 08:20:51 am »

if anyone's getting to be a pseudo-IC, it should be ADK with the uncontested claimed UB status. Though I need to go back and check to what extent the scumteam could know if we're in a game situation where there isn't a UB at all

From the setup

Yes, but also from the setup, games with a single V roll, or a single W roll that converst to a V, turn our guaranteed UB into a restless spirit. Except if we have a single V and also a single W roll that converts to a V, in which case we get both a UB and a RS. It makes me happy that faust's setup text covers that odd little corner case.

Anyway, the actual chance of not having a UB in the game is higher than you might think.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 26, 2020, 08:25:53 am »

From the setup

Yes, but also from the setup, games with a single V roll, or a single W roll that converst to a V, turn our guaranteed UB into a restless spirit. Except if we have a single V and also a single W roll that converts to a V, in which case we get both a UB and a RS. It makes me happy that faust's setup text covers that odd little corner case.

Anyway, the actual chance of not having a UB in the game is higher than you might think.

Maybe I should actually read the setup. 
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 19 queries.