Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 47  All

Author Topic: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Game over)  (Read 123495 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M127: Customer Service Hotline Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #275 on: May 23, 2020, 11:17:35 am »

I mean, I think in no game I ever was the person who got a bunch of votes early on D1 out of RVS got actually lynched, lynches don’t happen that fast. Rather interesting is how fast it evaporated after getting close, that sounds like light evidence for scum
I am not completely sure who you are talking about here

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 23, 2020, 11:19:37 am »

What Joseph did that was scummy wasn't the L-1 part it was the way he did it.

This:
And that was a joke, so Unvote

is scummier than this:

Unvote

Also Joseph did you ever tell us who this was?
Some minor point from that 5 minutes of L1: there was one other person viewing this page at the time, and they chose not to hammer. Which makes me feel a little bit more towny about them
[/quotes a reminder this is what was scummy about joseph.

And again I'll ask if joseph ever answered the above question.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 23, 2020, 11:19:51 am »

Fudge

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 23, 2020, 11:21:20 am »

This:

is scummier than this:

Unvote

Some minor point from that 5 minutes of L1: there was one other person viewing this page at the time, and they chose not to hammer. Which makes me feel a little bit more towny about them
This is the scummy post. Joseph did you answer the above question?

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 23, 2020, 12:45:47 pm »

This:

is scummier than this:

Unvote

No I didn't, and I don't want to, because I don't want to put target on anyone's head
The person in question is not being considered for lynching right now
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 23, 2020, 01:48:30 pm »

I mean, I think in no game I ever was the person who got a bunch of votes early on D1 out of RVS got actually lynched, lynches don’t happen that fast. Rather interesting is how fast it evaporated after getting close, that sounds like light evidence for scum
About Scola, and answering to Joseph

ADK, swowl and west. You are my biggest town reads, who should we lynch?

I also am interested in Dylan's thoughts.

I would like a joseph lynch, and to avoid a lurker lynch

Super hot take: the longer mail-mi's bit goes on the scummier it gets

problem I have with this mentality is that we are in a stall because skum is the lurking component. Or at least that is what I think. I cannot bring myself to just want to lynch someone simply because lurking, but it should be noted that if the lead wagons have consistently so far been town, skum would likely just sit back and watch.
Exactly, I think that is what's happening. I'm town, scola wagon got far too many votes far too quickly- some scum must have piled onto that, which makes me think it would have been a mislynch
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 23, 2020, 01:49:22 pm »

This:

is scummier than this:

Unvote

No I didn't, and I don't want to, because I don't want to put target on anyone's head
The person in question is not being considered for lynching right now
This is so super weird

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 23, 2020, 02:08:22 pm »

problem I have with this mentality is that we are in a stall because skum is the lurking component. Or at least that is what I think. I cannot bring myself to just want to lynch someone simply because lurking, but it should be noted that if the lead wagons have consistently so far been town, skum would likely just sit back and watch.
Exactly, I think that is what's happening. I'm town, scola wagon got far too many votes far too quickly- some scum must have piled onto that, which makes me think it would have been a mislynch

@Calamitas, I think there's something grammatically weird about your quoted text, which certianly confused me on first reading. Are you saying that in no game that you've ever been in has the person who's gotten a bunch of D1 votes from RVS ever been lynched? Are you characterising the votes on Joseph as coming from RVS, or coming immediately as we pulled out of RVS? I don't think either is entirely accurate, as it was Joseph's questionnably-motivated L-1 game with Scola that then let people justify a bunch of votes on him, and the Scola wagon itself wasn't really RVS either.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 23, 2020, 02:21:13 pm »

So 4 on Joseph. Are we going to lynch him or do we need to go elsewhere?

I will be moving my vote elsewhere soon to someone pretty specific if it doesn't gain traction, and I think it should.

Mostly I feel like there are players that just haven't said anything about it. That makes me feel... tingly? But not in a good way. Or maybe I am just nervous about ano-lynch. But that turned out fine last game. Although i think that is the exception cause that game was thumpin weird.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 23, 2020, 02:22:04 pm »

I've been doing a bunch of re-reading. I agree broadly with ADK. Dylan also seems generally engaged and sensible, though I disagree on any idea about scumreading people for voting Joseph over his Scola L-1 behaviour. I actually like that Dylan was able to back off a bit and reconsider when LL made a point about scum not necessarily having had motivation to engage with the Joseph wagon so soon after the Scola one.

PPE: 1
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 23, 2020, 02:23:56 pm »

@Calamitas, I think there's something grammatically weird about your quoted text, which certianly confused me on first reading. Are you saying that in no game that you've ever been in has the person who's gotten a bunch of D1 votes from RVS ever been lynched? Are you characterising the votes on Joseph as coming from RVS, or coming immediately as we pulled out of RVS? I don't think either is entirely accurate, as it was Joseph's questionnably-motivated L-1 game with Scola that then let people justify a bunch of votes on him, and the Scola wagon itself wasn't really RVS either.
I meant the former and I was maybe overstating a bit. ButI wanted to express that I didn't feel like Scola was actually really on the brink of being lynched. Wagons building out of RVS and a bit non-RVS happens all-the-time and in my (fading) memory it is quite rare for that to go in a monotone way. I.e. I don't think I ever had
1) First Wagon builds
2) The person is lynched
Without other wagons building, vote moving, ... happening in between

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 23, 2020, 02:25:12 pm »

So 4 on Joseph. Are we going to lynch him or do we need to go elsewhere?

I will be moving my vote elsewhere soon to someone pretty specific if it doesn't gain traction, and I think it should.

Mostly I feel like there are players that just haven't said anything about it. That makes me feel... tingly? But not in a good way. Or maybe I am just nervous about ano-lynch. But that turned out fine last game. Although i think that is the exception cause that game was thumpin weird.
I much prefer Joseph over no-lynch. Right now my preference order is Scola > Joseph > Rest.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 23, 2020, 02:44:10 pm »

The person I'm feeling most confused on is Swowl, because I feel like he switches back and forth a number of times on what to think about Joseph, and I don't quite see a reason behind that.

ADK voted Joseph at #117, over the "unvote" stuff around putting Scola at L-1.
Swowl voted ADK as a first real post of the game at #133, but then immediately at #134 asked Mail-mi why he wasn't offering a "vote Joseph" option. His possible distain for Joseph's play is then backed up in #135 where he points out that observing who's looking at the thread is not that useful.
Finally queries LL on being "ok" with either of Joseph or Scola in #136. So the mood in #133 and #136 seemed against people wanting to lynch Joseph, while in #134 and #136 it seemed to be actively open to a Joseph lynch, or at the very least, pointing out that Joseph wasn't being helpfully pro-town.

I guess from #165 & #169 onwards he's settled on wanting to lynch people who though Joseph was scummy, with ADK apparently being top of the list still. I don't see any real justification for how he doesn't seem to think Joseph or Scola deserve votes, and indeed he goes out of his way to ask Scola some questions at 200 that he never goes back and re-engages with. I see that at #212 he says he just doesn't think people who pick up early wagons are ever scum, but that's a very convenient way to avoid having to say anything about any actual play made by either Joseph or Scola.

And then at #236, Scola appears at a second tier of what I assume is a scum-to-chum list, which is unexpected given that he was asking for alternatives to both Joseph and Scola earlier. And what's more, he was asking Mail-mi for alternatives, and apparently Mail-mi is right up there at tier one, too. So yeah, that just doesn't feel super-consistent to me.

PPE 2

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 23, 2020, 03:11:24 pm »

I'm getting distracted by cooking now, but I'll be back later.

I should say that I'm fine with my vote being on e for now.. four game posts all game is not just "being a lurker", it's being disengaged to the point where unless he comes in and really shows us he can get into this game, then there's not much point in us keeping him around anyway.

I'm not seeing any particularly strong reason not to lynch either Scola or Joseph, except for the fact that I'm not fond of lynching new-to-me players on D1 of my first game with them.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 23, 2020, 04:04:08 pm »

I'm getting distracted by cooking now, but I'll be back later.

I should say that I'm fine with my vote being on e for now.. four game posts all game is not just "being a lurker", it's being disengaged to the point where unless he comes in and really shows us he can get into this game, then there's not much point in us keeping him around anyway.

I'm not seeing any particularly strong reason not to lynch either Scola or Joseph, except for the fact that I'm not fond of lynching new-to-me players on D1 of my first game with them.

My specialty is lurking all day and coming in at the last minute. Sitting down and reading now
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 23, 2020, 04:08:16 pm »

I don't get it

The best jokes are the ones that need to be explained more.  But actually, Joseph can do some crazy stuff, I don't think voting to L-1 here is a scum tell
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 23, 2020, 04:11:52 pm »

Swan! How are you?? I miss talking to you every day!

You don’t find Joseph’s L-1 shenanigans scummy?

Right?!? We should just get our own thread every game.

And no? Idk I don’t really get what the skummy part is about it. Like if putting them at L1 is skummy then putting them at L2 L3 etc should also be skummy. But the only reason to think it is skummy is “if you know the wagon is town”. So, for now i am more interested in The people that found Joseph skummy rather than Joseph themself.

this makes a lot of sense

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 23, 2020, 04:13:58 pm »

And hi mail-mi. How is it?

I'm doing great, thanks for asking! And how are you doing this fine morning?
Great! Evening now. I went for a walk and the weather was perfect and I defeated a red gym and put down my Alakazam. What could be better?

wait, are we friends?  6389 2496 5226

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 23, 2020, 04:18:42 pm »

Yams, what is it about scola that you are finding scummy? I don't get it.. and I especially don't get the number of people who do

Why are you so sure scola is town?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 23, 2020, 04:19:49 pm »

Alight, bird man. I wouldn’t say Joseph is particularly scummy, so fair enough.

But then who is? We can’t seem to get going at all, and a big chunk of players aren’t coming around or saying much at all.

Kind of makes me miss MiX.

yeah I mean I openly admit my Day 1 ability to make cases is lacking unless something seriously pops up. Right now, the only thing that pops up is what I said before - I am suspicious of the people that pushed Joseph for something that I do not find skummy.
That was pretty much [you,ADK, and whoever started and then bailed].
I am literally, not figuratively, incapable of skum reading you ever... so yeah ADK is where I am at.

I also generally just tend to lean against any quick to start wagons on Day 1. I normally find they are either skum driven, or they are town and skum plants themselves elsewhere - so I like to look at the outliers.

I don't think ADK is the worst call, just not super inspired.  But maybe inspiration is too much to ask for right now.

The scola wagon is much more robust than the Jospeh one.  I haven't been pushing...it was kind of an "eh" vote that never changed. Oddly, yuma has a post a few back saying let's lynch Joseph but isn't voting there. Wagoneering without commitment...hmmm...

vote: yuma

And then ADK is a meh lynch here?  And you jump on yuma?

vote: WCD

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 23, 2020, 04:21:13 pm »

I have many adventures planned for today! First, we are going to a distillery in the hill country to do see if we can get hold of a couple of bottles of a special release of double barreled bourbon which is sweet and amazing and OMG, y’all. Cross your fingers they have some lef when we get there!

Then we are going to a winery down the road from the distillery for a picnic. And day drinking.

Then I’m assuming I’ll need a nap.

All of which is to say 1. Alcohol tourism is a thing, 2. Day drinking= naps, and 3. I’ll be around tonight but I’m not sure how much I’ll be around before then.

See, WCD is so super friendly she is hard to lynch D1, but reading through the thread, I think she is a clear choice.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 23, 2020, 04:22:40 pm »

Vote Count 1.5

Joseph2302 (3): A Drowned Kernel, yuma, LaLight
mail-mi (1): 2.71828.....
scolapasta (2): mail-mi, Calamitas
A Drowned Kernel (1): Swowl
Calamitas (1): scolapasta
2.71828..... (1): SpaceAnemone
yuma (1): WestCoastDidds

Not Voting (2): Joseph2302, Dylan32

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends May 24, 2020, 06:00:00 am, which is in ~45.5 hours.

I don’t know how much this has changed, but I don’t think by much.

So, when I headed off into the world OUTSIDE yesterday, I felt like we were making a decision between Joseph and Scola. But looking at this, that seem artificial. There aren’t as many votes there as I had thought.

If I imagine that Jospeh is scum, the people trying to derail his wagon are yams, Swowl, and Scola. Swowl is voting for ADK because ADK is voting for Joseph. Joseph was playing around with some L-1 hijinks. Regardless if it was scummy or not, it is not scummy to think that it was. So, Swowl reaction (and yams validating that reaction) seems off.

LL, space, and calamitas are not going to vote for one another today.

I LOVE that yams is making the game fun. He may be scum, he might be protecting his Bro-seph, but I’m still not voting for him.

I find e’s under the radar play super suspicious. Not that he’s lurking, but rather that he is making himself not at all memorable. Like a ninja blending into the darkness.

So, all in all, I think I’m wary of folks who are working harder to protect Jospeh than I am of the folks voting for him.

ADK....what are you thinking? Is Joseph the right lynch today?

A whole bunch of non-opinions here

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 23, 2020, 04:23:20 pm »

I'm working this morning/afternoon...so I'll either be around a lot (because concentrating is hard!) or not at all (sometimes I focus!).

Video/chat mafia later tonight (want to play? Lynchpool at 8FT), and then deadline is pretty early for me tomorrow.

So, I will vote: Joseph for now, but I will definitely be around some later if anyone else decides e is scummy and not just busy.
I could Vote: e in preference to me being lynched

No join me on Didds.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 23, 2020, 04:28:11 pm »

So, read through the thread, the only thing that really stuck out to me was WCD is scum.

There are all the usual D1 non-cases being thrown about, mine is no different.  Except it is better than the other non-cases. 

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 23, 2020, 04:29:30 pm »

we are what, 13 hours or so from deadline?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.