Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Error when playing Displace  (Read 1448 times)

Willvon

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +168
    • View Profile
Error when playing Displace
« on: May 08, 2020, 11:47:10 pm »

When you play Displace and exile a Province, shouldn’t you be allowed to get another Province as your card costing up to 2 more? Or if I use Displace to exile a Colony, shouldn’t I be able to replace it with a Colony? For some reason, Shuffle IT will let you gain a card less than than the exiled card or more than it, but not one that is the same price as it.

Carline

• Witch
  • Respect: +391
    • View Profile
Re: Error when playing Displace
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 11:52:40 pm »
+5

When you play Displace and exile a Province, shouldn’t you be allowed to get another Province as your card costing up to 2 more? Or if I use Displace to exile a Colony, shouldn’t I be able to replace it with a Colony? For some reason, Shuffle IT will let you gain a card less than than the exiled card or more than it, but not one that is the same price as it.

It's because you can't gain a card with the same name.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 01:46:12 pm »
+3

It's because you can't gain a card with the same name.

Seems likely that "differently named" is there specifically to avoid this interaction which would be overpowered otherwise.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1335
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 06:13:52 pm »

You can get one with the same price, as long as it's a different card.  E.g., you can Displace a Duchy for another Displace, both costing $5, or even a Knight for another Knight, since they're all differently-named
They/them
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.