Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 3-step Traveller Line based on Kudasai's "Army"  (Read 809 times)

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
3-step Traveller Line based on Kudasai's "Army"
« on: May 04, 2020, 09:13:20 am »

So Kudasai entered a card in the weekly design contest a while back, Army, which amassed cards on a mat and then played them all at once.

It won, and was a really cool card, but a thing that bugged me about it was it used your own cards as the Command targets, but still left them on the mat. That means your embargos were just a silver, your madmen a necropolis, etc. But you got those cards. You gained them, you burned an action putting them on the army mat. They're your cards, why not move them? So here's my design-response to that stimuli:

Ensign • $2 • Action - Command - Traveller
Choose one: Gain a non-Command Action card costing up to $4 to your Legion mat; or play an Action card on your Legion mat, leaving it there.
-
When you discard this from play, you may exchange it for a Lieutenant.
Lieutenant • $4 • Action - Command - Traveller
Play an Action card on your Legion mat, leaving it there. Gain a non-Command Action card costing up to $4 to your Legion mat.
-
When you discard this from play, you may exchange it for a Brigade
(This is not in the Supply)
Brigade • $6 • Action - Command
Choose one: Play an Action card on your Legion mat (you may leave it there), then gain a non-Command Action card to your Legion mat;

or Play all Action cards on your Legion mat in any order (you may leave them there), then return this to its pile.

(This is not in the Supply)

only thing i don't like so far is Brigade has the smol text
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 09:27:15 am by spineflu »

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1423
    • View Profile
Re: 3-step Traveller Line based on Kudasai's "Army"
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 12:37:54 pm »
+1

I like the original far more. This is more megaturny whereas the original is more build up and then use. Also, this suffers from information overload without achieving anything fundamentally different from the original.

Also, it looks overpowered. Even if you stopped at Lieutenant it would be a decent BoM variant.

alion8me

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: alion8me
  • Respect: +178
    • View Profile
Re: 3-step Traveller Line based on Kudasai's "Army"
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 01:18:53 pm »
+1

Even Ensign by itself is pretty powerful. If there are any spammy cards at the $3 or $4 cost point you can use Ensign to make them effectively cost $2 and then load up on them (assuming there is +Buy). The flexibility that you can potentially make for yourself by spending another play or two just makes this even better.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 20 queries.