Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Infinite Loops List  (Read 7074 times)

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1384
    • View Profile
Re: Infinite Loops List
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2020, 10:41:44 am »

hand is crown, mandarin, your favorite treasure, horn of plenty, black market
This gets you infinite VP if your favourite treasure is Plunder.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Carline

• Witch
  • Respect: +391
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2020, 05:09:51 pm »
+1

I will note that it is possible to get infinite loops in every phase, including your opponent's phases and the between turns donate phase, due to reacting with sheepdog as way of the vassal hitting some throne room. From the throne room you can create some of the action phase loops described.

Here is a loop that uses none of the cards in the new list:

hand is crown, mandarin, your favorite treasure, horn of plenty, black market
deck is crown, mandarin, your favorite treasure, horn of plenty
play a black market
  play a crown
    play mandarin as way of the horse
    play mandarin as way of the horse
  play your favorite treasure
  play horn of plenty, gaining mandarin
  repeat

Yes, you're right, thank you! I thought there's no way to gain Mandarin and remove gainer from play without Capitalism, but Black Market does the opposite, allows to play a treasure type gainer in action phase. This invalidate my statement that you can't do the Mandarin trick without Capitalism, so we have to include Mandarin in the list.

In the loop you posted there are only four different named cards in play when you play Horn of Plenty, so you can't gain Mandarin, but I think it can be fixed (with Canal, for example). About this loop, however, I have a doubt: from your deck with a total of 9 cards, how you manage to control that exactly these 5 will be in your hand?

For the loop in Donate phase, you have also to trash something like Catacombs or Hunting Grounds to gain a card and react with Sheepdog. But how can you play a card with Vassal in Way of the Mouse if you still didn't shuffle your hand into your deck? (Edited: I found the answer. See post below)

I think a loop in your Opponent's phase depends on what she played, don't? So, to setup the initial conditions for loop is out of control. Anyway, I would like to know if there's a loop in opponent's phase that doesn't use any of the enablers of the new list.

Including Mandarin, the list of  essential cards for infinite loops is this:

- Villa
- Cavalry
- Scepter
- Capitalism
- Gamble
- Toil
- March (I'm not sure about this, since Gamble with Star Chart seems to me to be strictly better than it for loop purposes)
- King’s Court
- Mandarin
- Trader

I would be happy if you contradict me again and show another loop only with cards out of this list. Every time you do this I learn something.

I will note that it is possible to get infinite loops in every phase

Can you think in a loop in night or clean-up phases?

« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 08:59:51 pm by Carline »

Carline

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2020, 08:45:16 pm »

For the loop in Donate phase, you have also to trash something like Catacombs or Hunting Grounds to gain a card and react with Sheepdog. But how can you play a card with Vassal in Way of the Mouse if you still didn't shuffle your hand into your deck?

Now I see that the answer is in the question itself. You can gain a Throne Room trashing Catacombs. However, if the loops you can do are the same of action phase, the list of enablers is still the same.

mad4math

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: madd4math
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2020, 09:04:03 pm »
+1

In the loop you posted there are only four different named cards in play when you play Horn of Plenty, so you can't gain Mandarin, but I think it can be fixed (with Canal, for example). About this loop, however, I have a doubt: from your deck with a total of 9 cards, how you manage to control that exactly these 5 will be in your hand?

For the loop in Donate phase, you have also to trash something like Catacombs or Hunting Grounds to gain a card and react with Sheepdog. But how can you play a card with Vassal in Way of the Mouse if you still didn't shuffle your hand into your deck? (Edited: I found the answer. See post below)

I think a loop in your Opponent's phase depends on what she played, don't? So, to setup the initial conditions for loop is out of control. Anyway, I would like to know if there's a loop in opponent's phase that don't use any of the enablers of the new list.

I assume for all of these loops we put a few cards that let you trash down and draw your deck and stuff. Just imagine I played a giant village - smithy style engine to get there with topdeck/discard control; it solves the horn of plenty cards in play thing and can easily get you enough deck control to get that specific hand and deck.

Opponent's phase only depends on you being able to react with one of caravan guard, black cat, or sheepdog. Clean-up and night phase can be accomplished by gaining a card in either of those phases; e.g. vampire and hermit. You then react with sheepdog and do the same thing as in the donate one.

Carline

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2020, 09:23:17 pm »

I assume for all of these loops we put a few cards that let you trash down and draw your deck and stuff. Just imagine I played a giant village - smithy style engine to get there with topdeck/discard control; it solves the horn of plenty cards in play thing and can easily get you enough deck control to get that specific hand and deck.

Opponent's phase only depends on you being able to react with one of caravan guard, black cat, or sheepdog. Clean-up and night phase can be accomplished by gaining a card in either of those phases; e.g. vampire and hermit. You then react with sheepdog and do the same thing as in the donate one.

About opponent's phase, yes, but what I meant to say is that these reactions depend on what she does.

With Vampire you have an exchange, so you don't gain a card, but since you can do it with Changeling you're right about night phase. Also about clean-up.

However, none of these change the enablers list.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 10:02:18 pm by Carline »

Random2732

• Pawn
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2020, 09:04:58 pm »

Apologies if this doesn't belong here, but just had it happen in a game and wanted to share! It doesn't quite go infinite but it allows for near unlimited $ and buys in a turn.

Necessary cards were Villa/Cavalry (+buys, allowing additional buy phases), Stockpile (+buys and $ to be repeated each buy phase), and Merchant Guild (+buys and generating $ with each buy).

Had 6-7 merchant guilds in play, a couple stockpiles in exile:

Play stockpiles -> Buy (anything) to gain coffers, finishing with Stockpile into Villa/Cavalry -> return to action phase, play anything you just bought -> repeat until you've bought everything in sight!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 20 queries.