Author Topic: Logs  (Read 1306 times)

dghunter79

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +319
    • View Profile
Logs
« on: April 27, 2020, 03:21:52 pm »
+1

At various times there have been huge online resources of Dominion game logs. Is this still the case at all? It did always seem to good to be true.

I'm asking because I'm interested in gathering data from a large set of game logs. (I'm actually only interested in Kingdoms and endgame states, if that matters.)

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
Re: Logs
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 09:13:02 pm »
+1

Since coming back to Dominion a few weeks ago, every time I read a wiki article or old forum post and it references a game, the link is broken -_-

If there's anywhere where game logs are being stored - even current ones from Shuffle.it - it would be nice.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
Re: Logs
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 06:58:38 pm »
+1

All logs from the Goko and MakingFun era were hosted on Amazon S3. As far as I know, no one did a bulk download of those games when the site shut down, so those logs are gone forever.

Shuffle IT has game logs, but doesn't save them in raw text, they're saved in a different format (my understanding is that this is part of how the replay system is implemented).

I really wish Shuffle IT exported the raw text logs somewhere, but I'm guessing it's pretty low on priority.

Some projects have direct access to the Shuffle IT database. DomBot on the Dominion Discord is one of those projects. However, I think there's a special agreement between Stef and Cave-o-Sapien for how that works. You could try http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18336.0 but I'm not sure how up to date it is, might have broken with Menagerie's release.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 21 queries.