Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Non-Supply Junk Card  (Read 1607 times)

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
Non-Supply Junk Card
« on: April 18, 2020, 10:08:01 pm »
+1

I'm brainstorming ideas for WDC contests and one that I had was come up with a new flavor of junk and have everyone design a card that gives it out.
I've been kicking around the idea of a Copper version of Spoils for a while and this is where I'm at:

Does this seem like a good "junk" card to be distributed? Should the "pay-to-return" amount be more? Am I off-base with this entire thing and it's a bad conceit? Did I miss anything on this other than the $1 at the top corners and the asterisk on the cost?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 10:51:40 pm by spineflu »

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Supply Junk Card
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 02:37:19 am »
+9

I'm not sure, but I think "choose one: +$1 or return this to its pile" might be a simpler way to get the idea across.

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1424
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 08:17:02 am »
+5

The interesting aspect of this is the shift of the junking time pattern (other junkers like Coven also did this), i.e. as you can return the junk this can lead to more of an Ambassador like to and fro than to the standard, above all junk early and quick, kind of play.

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 03:39:53 pm »
+2

I'm brainstorming ideas for WDC contests and one that I had was come up with a new flavor of junk and have everyone design a card that gives it out.
I've been kicking around the idea of a Copper version of Spoils for a while and this is where I'm at:
[...]

Does this seem like a good "junk" card to be distributed? Should the "pay-to-return" amount be more? Am I off-base with this entire thing and it's a bad conceit? Did I miss anything on this other than the $1 at the top corners and the asterisk on the cost?

It's an interesting idea, but I expect you'd almost always just return this to the supply the first time you play it.
(I think Donald found during playtesting Shelters that even giving up a complete turn for trashing a Shelter was usually worth it, and this doesn't cost you anything to get rid of.)
So if you don't want Trinket to be just a "one-shot junk" (i.e. essentially a spammable "-1 card" token distributor - which may be fine if the Trinket doesn't go on top of the deck), I'd make the penalty significantly harsher.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 20 queries.