Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Cost of Animal Fair revisited  (Read 9683 times)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1679
    • View Profile
Re: Cost of Animal Fair revisited
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2020, 04:58:03 pm »
+1

If I were a game designer, I would be happy with fans that are devoted enough to create wikis and rules documents and care to make them accurate.

It's great; sometimes it's hard though. I have not been able to gather the energy to figure out what I need to clarify about Animal Fair.

I feel like this post sums up the whole thread very well.
For some reason, I totally want to make this my forum tagline now.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 04:59:39 pm by LibraryAdventurer »

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2020, 07:25:36 pm »

To me what you're doing now is trolling.

I don't think you've been trying to be a mediator. I think you've been trying to be a disruptor. For some reason (probably not even clear to yourself) you didn't like what I asked in this thread. You don't have or want to use mental capacity, or as you say "you don't care enough to bother", to try to understand it. So you just make little jabs here and there, trying to find ways to tear holes in what I'm saying. When one of them doesn't work, you just leave it (stop responding) and try another. When I take the time to actually explain why the question matters, you say nothing. You have already decided that the question is pointless, so no amount of reasoning or logic will deter you. You ignore what you don't have responses to. Since you didn't actually try to understand, you could have done like Donald and just elected not to contribute to the thread. I welcome challenges to my thinking, but only if it's made by someone who actually cares enough about the topic to take it seriously. What you've been doing is mostly just destructive for the fun of it.

This thread will be locked now, but that's okay, it's over. A few people made valuable contributions (thank you), and a few people did the opposite. You were unique in that you pretended to not care and even admitted to not bothering trying to understand, but still posted negatively. But there were also a few others who kept asking what the point was, while never once actually responding to the longish posts I wrote explaining it. Not exactly trolling, but not very respectful. Sure, who expects to be treated with respect online, right? It would have been nice if this forum was a place people didn't shit on each other for fun, but oh well.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1679
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2020, 04:09:52 am »
+4

To me what you're doing now is trolling.

I don't think you've been trying to be a mediator. I think you've been trying to be a disruptor. For some reason (probably not even clear to yourself) you didn't like what I asked in this thread. You don't have or want to use mental capacity, or as you say "you don't care enough to bother", to try to understand it. So you just make little jabs here and there, trying to find ways to tear holes in what I'm saying. When one of them doesn't work, you just leave it (stop responding) and try another. When I take the time to actually explain why the question matters, you say nothing. You have already decided that the question is pointless, so no amount of reasoning or logic will deter you. You ignore what you don't have responses to. Since you didn't actually try to understand, you could have done like Donald and just elected not to contribute to the thread. I welcome challenges to my thinking, but only if it's made by someone who actually cares enough about the topic to take it seriously. What you've been doing is mostly just destructive for the fun of it.

This thread will be locked now, but that's okay, it's over. A few people made valuable contributions (thank you), and a few people did the opposite. You were unique in that you pretended to not care and even admitted to not bothering trying to understand, but still posted negatively. But there were also a few others who kept asking what the point was, while never once actually responding to the longish posts I wrote explaining it. Not exactly trolling, but not very respectful. Sure, who expects to be treated with respect online, right? It would have been nice if this forum was a place people didn't shit on each other for fun, but oh well.

If it's going to be closed, I'm glad I got in before it closed. I'm sorry I came off that way. My comments were really not intended to be negative. My comment about not caring enough to bother was being honest but at the same time, I shouldn't have said it. I recognize I shouldn't have posted in the thread if I don't care enough about the question to bother looking it up (and I did look it up later). I do care enough to apologize for posting when I didn't care and coming off like a troll.

I actually did begin to understand your question in this post of yours: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=20290.msg832503#msg832503
I did not respond directly to the question after that because I don't know the answer. And I was suggesting (as Lost Phoenix said) to "write in your rules document whatever makes the most sense to explain said rules" because I think if Donald doesn't answer the question then you, who probably knows the rules of the game better than anyone else, are qualified to write in the rules document the way the card works that makes sense to you. (And of course Donald is free to correct you later if he wants to.)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 04:16:59 am by LibraryAdventurer »

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2020, 09:43:07 am »
+5

Thanks. I was already thinking that I shouldn't have made that post, because usually that kind of post only makes matters worse. I tried to write it in a calm and "fair" way, but it's hard to not let emotions get into it. So thanks for writing what you wrote instead of taking it up a notch (in an awful direction).
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.