Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 259663 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #2825 on: July 04, 2020, 05:39:28 pm »

To answer speccy!cayvie:

I did mention that you correctly read me, and I would never shoot you because I would then be forced to point out that you said that about me, and if I was SK I would've said it in a really awkward way that makes everyone know I killed you.

Hey mods what were my other 2 forms? I presume stormform's traitor, and warform's SK, but knowing the setup I don't think it makes sense anymore.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: July 04, 2020, 05:48:53 pm »

How did Jimmmmm's killing work?

Overall, I think the setup's already pro-town, and the "randomization" made it more so. There's too many cheap investigations: I thought town would have like 30-45 infused spheres, but they had so many more that there was a lot of freedom in role usage.

However, outside of balance, the setup's very well made, I really liked the feigned randomness and all the unique quirks that are hidden behind a "semi-open game". In fact, I'd say every non-public ability (excluding orders) are incredibly unique and fun: half-knight, squires (with the traitor), choose-your-alignment and especially The True Survivor. These could be somewhat predicted by flavor, but by making a lot of things known information, it helps to hide the things that aren't.

The only problem I have is a biased one: I couldn't really bluff anything. There were too many tracking roles and I had no idea what a normal sphere count looked like. I suspect this is true for everyone else, but I think I'm the only player that has an incentive to bluff (the SK obviously bluffs being a full knight, but that's not the same).

Really fun, I wish it was possible for this to be an open setup, all I want is to go back in time and play this setup differently.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: July 04, 2020, 06:28:47 pm »

Mod QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/hd6HuYDhTamLC

Speccy: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/vvxpgKWZsEAe

Mafia QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/WVTeQ4zPFgVE

Final thoughts on the game: Thanks for trying this out! About the setup, I think it was town-sided, especially because we had way too many watchers. If I were to run it again, I would replace that with a different, non-investigative power. However, I don't think it was unbalaced toward town; cause scum lost their strongest player on D1, and it was just down-hill from there.

I hope everyone had fun!

Scum got lynched D1. 3 (4 with Traitor) of 18.
Scum lost their strongest PR to D1 lynch.
Scum got screwed by targeting their ONE traitor in 17 (15 if you discount Swowl/Joth) with alignment inversion N1.
Scum got hit by Watcher N1.
Scum kill got Doctored N1.
MiX had no incentive to swing towards Scum when the opportunity first came up.
Swowl was seen at the end - but by that point they already were backed up against the wall.

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: July 04, 2020, 06:34:25 pm »

I would’ve cut back on total number of spheres though. I think that’s really the only thing that tipped the scales. Other than that, things just fell heavy against scum when they largely didn’t have to.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: July 04, 2020, 06:35:54 pm »

I would’ve cut back on total number of spheres though. I think that’s really the only thing that tipped the scales. Other than that, things just fell heavy against scum when they largely didn’t have to.

Even then, I think more expensive town actions and less expensive scum actions would've helped, and been healthier for the setup. I didn't go check, but I presume scum didn't have much more stormlight than town.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: July 04, 2020, 06:46:25 pm »

Mod QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/hd6HuYDhTamLC

Speccy: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/vvxpgKWZsEAe

Mafia QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/WVTeQ4zPFgVE

Final thoughts on the game: Thanks for trying this out! About the setup, I think it was town-sided, especially because we had way too many watchers. If I were to run it again, I would replace that with a different, non-investigative power. However, I don't think it was unbalaced toward town; cause scum lost their strongest player on D1, and it was just down-hill from there.

I hope everyone had fun!

Scum got lynched D1. 3 (4 with Traitor) of 18.
Scum lost their strongest PR to D1 lynch.
Scum got screwed by targeting their ONE traitor in 17 (15 if you discount Swowl/Joth) with alignment inversion N1.
Scum got hit by Watcher N1.
Scum kill got Doctored N1.
MiX had no incentive to swing towards Scum when the opportunity first came up.
Swowl was seen at the end - but by that point they already were backed up against the wall.

so total number spheres I think was balancing for skum to be able to steal. but I could be wrong, and yeah we kind of had some bad luck on the targeting... but seriously I had a blast playing this game.

Thanks MM for the fun set up! Once I actually could understand what was going on I had a great time!

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)
« Reply #2831 on: July 04, 2020, 06:47:03 pm »

oh and GG to town obv!
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: July 04, 2020, 06:48:39 pm »

oh and GG to town obv!

Yeah, regardless of setup, town crushed all that opposed it.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: July 04, 2020, 07:21:01 pm »

Oh, it ended.

Well, gg folks.

I have to say that this was some of the most fun I have had in a long while.

I have to say, I saw the word “Wit” in my role, was like “am I a Jester?” And after that I just saw verse. Sorry for those that I was annoying with my antics, but I was having a blast.

Scum did seem to have it rough, and I kept wanting to try and work against town, but little things kept making that hard.

MiX outing me, for one. Haha.

I was also hoping swowl would just claim to me, so we could try for a play, but his conversation was much less eventful,

Also also, sorry my activity (And, this, song’s) died down near the end, I ended up going on a vacation that I didn’t think I was going to go on, and it threw a cog  in my plans for activity.

GG, regardless, and again:

This character was made for me, the powers and potential for backstabbing and deal making. I loved trying to dance around everyone’s wishes.

I would echo MiX’s thoughts on wanting to try an open version of this at some point... But I would want to play this guy again.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: July 04, 2020, 07:27:30 pm »

My first post in my QT:

To be clear, I am a survivor?

Will people think I am just part of their guild?

Also, did I get the coolest role in the game?

Can I open and close neighborhoods during the day?

Also, thematically I am essentially a Jester?

Again, I shall repeat, did I get the best role in the game?

My first post I made after the opening song:

I will probably die within 12 seconds of trying this, but it will be an enjoyable 12 seconds.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: July 04, 2020, 07:35:50 pm »

I never had a QT with you. #UnLoved

Mafia Record:

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: July 04, 2020, 07:41:26 pm »

Ditto. I even asked for one, and then everyone scum read that. (I wanted to communicate to Gloobie that I had given him the QT with joth)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: July 04, 2020, 07:44:15 pm »

Ditto. I even asked for one, and then everyone scum read that. (I wanted to communicate to Gloobie that I had given him the QT with joth)

Did we? Were people scumreading town that game?

I have so many mixed (sorry) feelings about reads that game. My scumreads were all accidentally on point.

All I know is that I was jealous of anyone that talked to Uncle :P I wanted to make that hood a masonry full time.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: July 04, 2020, 08:14:04 pm »

Well played town!
I have sigs off.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: July 04, 2020, 08:15:55 pm »

And, apologies again to my teammates for failing to do much of anything to further our wincon.
I have sigs off.

Greathallscout

• Pawn
  • he/him wazzup
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: July 04, 2020, 11:03:16 pm »

Thank you so much everyone for a great first game for me on this site! Special thanks to the moderators! I would love to play more, get better, get to know you guys better, and show my personality more :)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: July 04, 2020, 11:10:24 pm »

Good job Swowl, staying alive so long all alone. I'm sorry Day 1 was such a bust.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #2842 on: July 04, 2020, 11:12:27 pm »

I don’t think I’ve ever been an IC in a non-blitz game before. It’s a very different experience not having to worry about looking towny.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: July 04, 2020, 11:16:49 pm »

That was so fun yams! Thank you for all of the hard work!

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: July 04, 2020, 11:18:43 pm »

I don’t think I’ve ever been an IC in a non-blitz game before. It’s a very different experience not having to worry about looking towny.

It’s funny - I can’t recall personally, but if you ask Swowl about “Glooble”, he’ll tell you that he has a permanent “IC” next to your name. He’s told me that he remembers you as being IC in almost every game you’ve ever played together.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: July 04, 2020, 11:19:24 pm »

It’s funny - I can’t recall personally, but if you ask Swowl about “Glooble”, he’ll tell you that he has a permanent “IC” next to your name. He’s told me that he remembers you as being IC in almost every game you’ve ever played together.

Maybe you’re just really, really townie to him.

Mafia Record:

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: July 04, 2020, 11:24:44 pm »

Sorry Swowl for shooting you. After being lynched the first time, my kill would only work on Mafia (while any remained alive). I figured if you were the last one, a coup de grâce was best for everyone.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: July 04, 2020, 11:27:45 pm »

Of course I copped you Swowl, totally the right kill choice.

Xoxo
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: July 05, 2020, 05:01:45 am »

Okay, we made it through.

For me, unfortunately, it wasn't a particularly fun experience. Day 1 was great, what came after felt mostly mechanical. I'm trying to figure out what the problems were, and my thinking is.

- the number of spheres and frequency of highstorms was not what I expected. For most players, infused spheres were never really a scarce resource. So it ended up being mostly fluff, and it also led to too many night actions.
- every townie had like 2-3 PRs. That was just too much power. So much information trickled in each Night that finding scum with them was not a challenge.
- The "scummy" powers weren't all that helpful to scum. Ninja and Ascetizier clearly were meant for scum to avoid being caught, but that ended up not helping because not being seen doing an action is also bad in this setup. Alignment inversion is better, but scum had only one of those versus like 3ish Cops, so for the most part Cop results were still trustworthy. Not sure how much Bus Driving/Redirection would have changed things, but with the amount of Watching going around it probably would not have been too difficult to reconstruct what happened.
- Survivors are always problematic because they have a strong incentive to side with the winning team, leading to a boost to whoever's already ahead. Having 2 of them makes it even worse.
- scum had no space to maveuver, since fakeclaims of roles were all but impossible, especially with the hidden order powers. Those were arguably too much anyway and should have been cut.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: July 05, 2020, 05:21:20 am »

Thanks for a fun game everyone.
I’m still sad Cayvie died early, but you’re a fun bunch to play with.

I agree that we all had too many spheres to play around with. I ended the game with 70 infused spheres. That’s two more Nights worth of blocking and watching.
I think in a setup with so much power you have to either limit the amount of times those powers can be used drastically or dumb down those powers themselves (voyeur instead of watcher for example).

The design of Eddie’s role is amazing.

Jimmm should have probably not been a watcher. It’s forcing him to townside in a setup where town already has a lot of power.

Still I like the setup a lot. Thanks for the hard work.
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115  All

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 20 queries.