Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 259605 times)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #550 on: June 07, 2020, 07:57:03 pm »

i missed when we got to talk about alignment inverters?

Not sure that's been a full convo yet. What would you like to say about them?

that it's the first time i hear about them and that they can't exist  in this game

Did you mean "that they can exist" or do you think they can't?

that it's the first time i hear about them and that they can't exist  in this game

I trust this claim. I had the same thought when looking at the setup.

snip

So yeah, did you also think they can't exist or were you assuming LL meant they can and you didn't see it in the setup?
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #551 on: June 07, 2020, 08:21:39 pm »

I’m having trouble seeing how the scenario cayvie suggested would happen. Unless there’s two scum teams, which we don’t have any evidence for.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 07, 2020, 08:54:27 pm »

I’m having trouble seeing how the scenario cayvie suggested would happen. Unless there’s two scum teams, which we don’t have any evidence for.

Yeah it was just a random thought I had while perusing the setup.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 07, 2020, 08:54:57 pm »

Good question, cayvie. Townpoints, since I would've expected it to be the same as if 0 inverters targeted.

Ok chairs is scum.

Vote: chairs

Explain please
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 07, 2020, 08:57:51 pm »

Okay new plan. Trying to follow along isn't really working, so I'm going to try to get through a re-read of each player before deadline. We have about 5 days, so that means 3-4 re-reads per day. Starting with Dylan.

Man, I thought I had a shot at being first, and now I'm not even 2nd...  I think my assumption with a game this big is that there is probably 3rd party regardless of setup posts, I mean come on 18 people is massive!

This would be a ballsy post if he's 3rd party. So I'd say he's less likely than average to be.

It is? I was thinking of suggesting a no stealing pact to my housemates.

Scum would have no problem breaking that pact, and town (in my mind) would be suspicious of the others in their house since there's no reason for there not to be at least 1 scum or non-town person in your house. The trust here could be scummy, rather, it's scummy enough for a D1 Vote: EFHW.

This is a stretchy vote at best. EFHW didn't say, "We should all have a no stealing pact". She was thinking of suggesting it. It seems a reasonable thing to discuss within a house, even if it ends up being a bad idea. I'm mostly willing to chalk this vote up to it being early Day 1 in which it's okay to vote for someone just for disagreeing with them about something.

I don't understand how this makes sense. Scum overall spends more stormlight anyway because they can do both town and scum things.

What makes you think the factional abilities scum has would cost stormlight the same way the knight radiant powers do? And what "scum things" (emphasis on the plural "things") can scum do in addition to the factional kill and surge powers? Scumslip? Vote: MiX

Ehh. I don't have a problem with this vote, but I don't agree that it was a scumslip, just an assumption about the setup. If MiX had a wrong assumption and had it corrected by being scum, he would be more careful about giving that information away.

Most of the rest of Dylan's early posts are setup-related, discussing possible house plans etc, which I don't think is interesting or alignment-indicative.

As for the whole Dustbringer thing, I don't have a strong opinion on that either way, but I think Dylan comes out of it looking mildy Towny, and mildly Towny is where I would put him.

Greathallscout

• Pawn
  • he/him wazzup
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: June 07, 2020, 09:09:11 pm »

@dylan i might have missed you explain this- why did you use your power and not just wait or regular claim?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 08, 2020, 12:21:22 am »

LaLight

Do we think Eddie has a posting restriction? Or is he just being weird for the sake of being weird?

vote: Glooble
i don't like Glooble's perspective of "hey, what does everyone think about this?" instead of expressing his own opinion.

yup.

Maybe this argument holds weight in some situations, but in this case? Why would scum be worried about providing an opinion on the strangeness that is Eddie this game? I think "What's going on with Eddie?" is a very reasonable question to ask.

...And I’m strongly townreading Glooble...

why are you townreading Glooble?

Vote: Greathallscout

Wagons!

it's the second time you mention wagons, this is a card not played twice.

I also think Glooble is scum as well.

vote: Glooble

and joth, you said twice, that you hard townread him and never said why.

So, the gist of these posts is that LL thinks Glooble is scum for that one question about Eddie (and possibly because each player should only join a wagon for the sake of it once per game?), and wants to know why joth doesn't. So, not much there, and I think this makes LL mildly scummy. I should re-read Glooble.

LL, how certain are you of your scumread on Glooble? Is there more than just the Eddie question and the wagons thing?

vote: MiX.

MiX is doing this thing when he dominates the thread and tells his opinions as something that is very obvious, although it's not. I think this is NAI, but it's a good lynch regardless of his alignment.

Sorry.

What even is this? There's plenty of time left in the Day to find something better than a good lynch regardless of alignment.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 08, 2020, 12:48:29 am »

well jimmmmm is towning it right the heck up here.

she/her

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 08, 2020, 12:52:46 am »

You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 08, 2020, 01:49:18 am »

@dylan i might have missed you explain this- why did you use your power and not just wait or regular claim?

A few mediocre reasons all combined together, not any really a single good reason, although some are better than others.

I tend to come out of claiming looking scummy, even when I'm a totally honest town cop with a guilty result on scum that flips red that day (see M126), and this was a unique way to do it that I thought would avoid whatever it is I usually do wrong.

It was more interesting than a regular claim.

It's more fun to use the ability than not.

I figured my claim would increase the odds I'm an early NK, so might as well use some stormlight while I'm alive.

Any future DB claims would have to do it in order to prove it, thus reducing scum's ability to fake claim it by saying they just refused to follow Faust earlier.

If why not wait was a separate question, I felt like enough people went along with Faust that not claiming now would be anti-town, although I stand by the whole exercise actually being anti-town to begin with.

Not proofreading and phone posting, so good luck
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 08, 2020, 02:12:35 am »

I have been out of town for two days. I am going to need the night to get my thoughts in order, sorry. Tomorrow afternoon = start of contribution.

Unvote (it was on Galz, and RVS) want to get that off the table.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 08, 2020, 03:42:29 am »

Good question, cayvie. Townpoints, since I would've expected it to be the same as if 0 inverters targeted.

Ok chairs is scum.

Explain please

It's a terrible question and it's NAI, chairs getting anything out of that is forcing himself to have a read on you. The fact that the answer influenced his read is also a big question mark.

Unrelated, Jimmmmm wants to be town so he's null. I'd love to see where he ends up voting.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 08, 2020, 03:43:25 am »

Unrelated, Jimmmmm wants to be town so he's null. I'd love to see where he ends up voting.

Why are you particularly interested in where I vote?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 08, 2020, 03:44:32 am »

Why are you particularly interested in where I vote?

I'm interested in knowing who you're pushing and where that ends up going. I think that'll help me determine if you're town or scum.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 08, 2020, 04:07:09 am »

Do we think Eddie has a posting restriction? Or is he just being weird for the sake of being weird?

As I said, I think this is a reasonable question.

vote: chairs

Wagons are good. This joth-gambit feels townie.

The joth-gambit was fine and this vote is fine.

Vote: Faust

Until someone can explain what’s pro-town about pushing for our freaking vigilante to claim day one.

I tend to agree about pushing for claims, but I'm not sure it's alignment-indicative.

If scum has watchers and trackers and can easily see a reason for a town player to use the ninja ability.

I don't think I agree with this. In general I think Town wants their actions to be seen so they can be confirmed, unless somehow they think they have the most powerful role and scum tracking them will let to a Nightkill? Not loving Glooble's vote on faust.

Scum could watch the person they kill. If they survive, now scum has found the doctor. If I’m an edgebringer I could totally see myself ninja doctoring to prevent that scenario.

Yeah okay, maybe a Ninja Doctor makes sense. Back to null.

Vote: Greathallscout

Wagons!

I see LL's point about this vote. Not necessarily because he'd already made a wagons vote, but it felt a bit jarring after some more analytical content. I guess it concluded with "I see your logic now, but I disagree", so he was looking to place his vote elsewhere, so maybe it's null.

Was just wondering when people were going to start voting for me and... there we go.

Why did you think people were going to start voting for you?

I’m happy with my vote where it is.

Why?

Hmm. I find myself wavering back and forth between slight scum and slight Town. I can see why people are getting bad vibes, but on the other hand some of his posts seem quite genuine. I guess I land on null for now.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 08, 2020, 04:09:44 am »

vote: hypercube

Are you a scum Dustbringer?

If I am, I'd better be working on a killer (haha) fakeclaim!

Where does this question come from? OMGUS or something more?

I wanted to know if that's why you're voting for me.

Are you town?

Yes.
I have sigs off.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 08, 2020, 04:10:13 am »

Vote: hypercube

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 08, 2020, 06:44:36 am »

Did you mean "that they can exist" or do you think they can't?

I trust this claim. I had the same thought when looking at the setup.

snip

So yeah, did you also think they can't exist or were you assuming LL meant they can and you didn't see it in the setup?

they can't. because mail-mi said, that everyone will be notified if their alignment is capable of changing, in the case of people who can offer alignment changes, everyone should be notified, and I wasn't
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 08, 2020, 06:47:52 am »

they can't. because mail-mi said, that everyone will be notified if their alignment is capable of changing, in the case of people who can offer alignment changes, everyone should be notified, and I wasn't

They're not alignment changes, they just change Cop (etc) results.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 08, 2020, 06:48:16 am »

LaLight

i scumread Glooble, because his posts feel like posts for the sake of posts, not really doing anything

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: June 08, 2020, 06:49:22 am »

what happens if two alignment inverters target the same player?

ok, I read this as "people who can change alignments of other players", sorry

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 08, 2020, 06:49:47 am »

that's why i was surprised about the topic

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 08, 2020, 06:50:02 am »

LaLight

i scumread Glooble, because his posts feel like posts for the sake of posts, not really doing anything

To what extent do you think that's a scumtell on Day 1? There seems to always be a lot of setup discussion in these kinds of games.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 08, 2020, 06:58:20 am »

LaLight

To what extent do you think that's a scumtell on Day 1? There seems to always be a lot of setup discussion in these kinds of games.

he wasn't discussing setup

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 08, 2020, 06:59:45 am »

hos first posts were like too serious for rvs, but without meaningful content. that's what i usually do when I am scum, I feel the urge to just not post, when it's 18 people in a game, but oh well, I need to post at least something. so, what's the biggest deal? oh, Eddie's weirdness

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 20 queries.