Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 262279 times)

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #450 on: June 06, 2020, 02:38:25 pm »

"Take Quiet Times (QT's) often, and consistently, guys. It's good for your health."
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 06, 2020, 02:39:56 pm »

vote: faust

Unfortunately I think Dylan is correct here in that by the time he got on it was too late to push back against this, and thus at this time claiming was the right play.

I also believe that scum likely gain far more value from knowing Dylan than town - and that scum likely didn’t give two hoots about having that potential fake claim “taken away”. I’ve never once played in a game where scum has gone “damn, if only I hadn’t lost the ability to fake claim that one role!”.

I believe faust used the pretext of outting a role that he can argue is anti-town for pro-scum motives.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 06, 2020, 02:41:44 pm »

Unfortunately I think Dylan is correct here in that by the time he got on it was too late to push back against this, and thus at this time claiming was the right play.

I also believe that scum likely gain far more value from knowing Dylan than town - and that scum likely didn’t give two hoots about having that potential fake claim “taken away”. I’ve never once played in a game where scum has gone “damn, if only I hadn’t lost the ability to fake claim that one role!”.

I believe faust used the pretext of outting a role that he can argue is anti-town for pro-scum motives.

I have been in that scum position more times than I have been scum.

So, do you think faust knew the Dustbringer's ability?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 06, 2020, 02:44:12 pm »

why is pushing back on this impossible?

this isn't like a forced claim in an open setup; since we don't have a guaranteed # of dusties there's no process of elimination here. why couldn't someone just say "i'm not going to claim"?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 06, 2020, 02:45:04 pm »

why is pushing back on this impossible?

this isn't like a forced claim in an open setup; since we don't have a guaranteed # of dusties there's no process of elimination here. why couldn't someone just say "i'm not going to claim"?

It’s not if done early - but given the number of people already claimed it essentially was.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 06, 2020, 02:46:36 pm »

Then you’re bad at playing scum.

Mafia Record:

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 06, 2020, 02:52:14 pm »

No idea, because if he did, then either A) He's a Dustbringer or B) he got said knowledge from a scum/3rd party buddy.  With A, I don't think this plays out the way it did unless he's scum dustbringer, because he wouldn't push for the claim as town!dustbringer I don't think. Actually I don't think he would as either alignment if he was that order. With B, it's faust, he's good enough to play as though he didn't have that knowledge, and so I just don't think we can tell from this.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 06, 2020, 02:53:27 pm »

No idea, because if he did, then either A) He's a Dustbringer or B) he got said knowledge from a scum/3rd party buddy.  With A, I don't think this plays out the way it did unless he's scum dustbringer, because he wouldn't push for the claim as town!dustbringer I don't think. Actually I don't think he would as either alignment if he was that order. With B, it's faust, he's good enough to play as though he didn't have that knowledge, and so I just don't think we can tell from this.

edit: knights radiant are town or scum, so the 3rd party clause there is dumb.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 06, 2020, 02:59:42 pm »

As there can be multiple people in a given order, no one else should claim Dustbringer or not. Then if someone claims it later, use the spheres to use reporter to prove it. A Dustbringers claim without reporter is scum.

Dylan, was "Dylan32 claims Dustbringer using the Dustbringer's reporter ability." the message you had the mods post?

That is, could you have made the mods post "cayvie claims Dusbringer..." instead, had you wanted to, and none would be the wiser (well, other than me)?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 06, 2020, 03:00:32 pm »

Logically, it's the other way, no? all town/scum are kinghts, not all knights are town/scum.

"1. All players that start out as Town- and Mafia-aligned are Knights Radiant"
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 06, 2020, 03:02:29 pm »

Logically, it's the other way, no? all town/scum are kinghts, not all knights are town/scum.

oh shit so THAT'S why people are saying eddie claimed 3p, got it

she/her

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 06, 2020, 03:04:37 pm »

I have been quiet, like I usually am D1s. i.e. my D1 reads are usually not very good, if they even really happen.

I think scum!faust is likely too good to try such a thing about the dustbringers.

Another thing to consider revealing is how many orbs we each started with and / or percentage of which that are infused.

I don't necessarily think that's a good idea, not sure what it would even get us, but putting it other there for others to opine if there's any value.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 06, 2020, 03:13:18 pm »

As there can be multiple people in a given order, no one else should claim Dustbringer or not. Then if someone claims it later, use the spheres to use reporter to prove it. A Dustbringers claim without reporter is scum.

Dylan, was "Dylan32 claims Dustbringer using the Dustbringer's reporter ability." the message you had the mods post?

That is, could you have made the mods post "cayvie claims Dusbringer..." instead, had you wanted to, and none would be the wiser (well, other than me)?

Very tempted to submit the message "cayvie claims Dusbringer..." for the lolz, but I'm not going to use the stormlight on it. In order to not quote anything exactly, my understanding is that I put a message in my QT, it shows up precisely in the next mod post.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 06, 2020, 03:14:52 pm »

I have been quiet, like I usually am D1s. i.e. my D1 reads are usually not very good, if they even really happen.

I think scum!faust is likely too good to try such a thing about the dustbringers.

Another thing to consider revealing is how many orbs we each started with and / or percentage of which that are infused.

I don't necessarily think that's a good idea, not sure what it would even get us, but putting it other there for others to opine if there's any value.

That's probably not worth talking about outside of the houses, and I'm definitely not even if everyone disagrees and does. Inside the houses it might have some value depending on how much you want to coordinate with them.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 06, 2020, 03:21:54 pm »

Very tempted to submit the message "cayvie claims Dusbringer..." for the lolz, but I'm not going to use the stormlight on it. In order to not quote anything exactly, my understanding is that I put a message in my QT, it shows up precisely in the next mod post.

ok what this says to me is maybe important:

as long as there is a scum dustbringer alive, then any scum on that team can claim dustbringer, and have the real scum dustbringer "report" for them.

she/her

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: June 06, 2020, 03:39:47 pm »

oh shit so THAT'S why people are saying eddie claimed 3p, got it

I mean, I thought he claimed survivor because in post 176 the line, "'Tis Living that pleases me." Also the profession is that of a lowly knave in his first post would also suggest not a knight.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 06, 2020, 03:48:07 pm »

ok what this says to me is maybe important:

as long as there is a scum dustbringer alive, then any scum on that team can claim dustbringer, and have the real scum dustbringer "report" for them.

Ooh, good point. Yeah, I think it would work that way. However, this is assuming that scum could roll this order. A scum with extra vig power does seem maybe unbalanced. And looking back, I don't see anything that says whether the alignment of individuals in a given order is random or assigned or random in limited fashion, only that the numbers in each are random.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 06, 2020, 03:49:33 pm »

Also, unlike most D1s, you already have nearly 20 pages of content to go through, so while you might not have strong reads (like I don't, too many people to keep straight), you surely have opinions on things that have been said that you could share.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 06, 2020, 04:07:17 pm »

For the record, that is the laziest and worst possible reason to dismiss something against anyone.

Mafia Record:

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 06, 2020, 04:24:35 pm »

For the record, that is the laziest and worst possible reason to dismiss something against anyone.

Really? I guess my point is it seems that if it is a non town move, that gets discovered quickly and gets lots of suspicion. I also probably didn't say it right - I'm not saying I don't think that faust isn't scum, just that calling this claim is not yet enough reason for me to vote him.

I will admit 18 people is tough to keep track of. And lots to read. I mean I was caught up last night and when I checked today, there were like 5 pages of posts!

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 06, 2020, 04:32:01 pm »

Really? I guess my point is it seems that if it is a non town move, that gets discovered quickly and gets lots of suspicion. I also probably didn't say it right - I'm not saying I don't think that faust isn't scum, just that calling this claim is not yet enough reason for me to vote him.

I will admit 18 people is tough to keep track of. And lots to read. I mean I was caught up last night and when I checked today, there were like 5 pages of posts!

I think he means the "he's too good to..." part of that. No matter how good someone is, they can still make less than ideal plays and be caught because of it.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 06, 2020, 04:35:53 pm »

I think he means the "he's too good to..." part of that. No matter how good someone is, they can still make less than ideal plays and be caught because of it.

Fair enough.

Oh, and you're right that there are a lot of posts to start making sense of. But still D1 they are not based on much (IMO).

I'm curious what people make of Mix's claiming his house. Trying to figure out if I should think that's indicative of anything.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 06, 2020, 04:36:25 pm »

Where it gets lazy (and bad - to the point of being anti-town), is that to say of anyone “Nah, they’re too good to do ‘X’ as scum” is to give them carte blanche to do exactly ‘X’ as scum. Worse, it actively encourages it AND aims to assign them town!points for doing it. Even worse - in this case, as in most cases where this argument is a thing, ‘X’ happens to be an anti-town action.

If any player is “as good” as that argument would suggest, they are easily just “as good” as to abuse the end results of the argument itself.

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 06, 2020, 04:40:29 pm »

Well good. People in Dylan's House, you know who to steal from. I won't have much more time for this tonight unfortunately.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 06, 2020, 04:53:44 pm »

“People should have some Quiet Times... Specifically Dylan...”
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 20 queries.