Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How Do u randomize  (Read 2313 times)

Hawkmouth

• Swindler
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
How Do u randomize
« on: March 30, 2020, 06:23:53 pm »
+1

When preparing a rnd kingdom, how Do u Do that?

I. E. im using just the rnd cards from the randomizer pile. Each Player one After another tells the shuffler a stop. That card will be in the kingdom.

If only one Exp is used, then sometimes all randomizer cards are laying on the whole table Face down, so in turn order every Player can Pick a card they want.

To determine wheter or not to use shelters, every card from Dark ages gives a percentage of 10. So if 3 Dark ages cards are in the kingdom, i will use a RNG, roll a dice d100 and if its result Shows 30 or lower, shelters will be used.

Same technique by choosing to play with colony platinum.

If all cards are from prosperity, Dark ages etc, a simple coin flip can also tell us, wether or not to use shelters, platinum.

What techniques Do you prefer as well?

(as a german im trying to give my best English) 😊

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1335
    • View Profile
Re: How Do u randomize
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 07:29:54 pm »
+1

I actually use an app on my phone called Jack of All Dominion (it's Android, but I'm sure there's an equivalent for iPhone if you use that).  It lets you choose which expansions you want to use, and has a blacklist function if you want to exclude specific cards.  But also, it gives you the option of customizing what kinds of cards you want, e.g., you can choose how many cards from each set (either a specific number or a range), and how many specific types, such as Attack cards, Treasure cards, Reactions, Duration, categories like cantrips, villages, etc., as well as set-specific types like Doom or Reserve.  It hasn't been updated yet to include Menagerie, but it has all the other sets (including 1st edition Base and Intrigue)
They/them

scolapasta

• Minion
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 08:10:35 pm »
+1

I actually use an app on my phone called Jack of All Dominion (it's Android, but I'm sure there's an equivalent for iPhone if you use that).  It lets you choose which expansions you want to use, and has a blacklist function if you want to exclude specific cards.  But also, it gives you the option of customizing what kinds of cards you want, e.g., you can choose how many cards from each set (either a specific number or a range), and how many specific types, such as Attack cards, Treasure cards, Reactions, Duration, categories like cantrips, villages, etc., as well as set-specific types like Doom or Reserve.  It hasn't been updated yet to include Menagerie, but it has all the other sets (including 1st edition Base and Intrigue)

Fyi, If you subscribe to the beta, it has menagerie.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 08:38:54 pm »
+1

I use a similar program, but it's online. The one I use has Menagerie already, although it seems like Jack of all Dominion might have a few more categories (like specifying set-specific types). This is the link to the one I use: http://inprogressgaming.com/dominion-card-picker/
Hydrogen Helium Lithium Beryllium Boron Carbon Nitrogen Oxygen Fluorine Neon Sodium

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +444
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 09:01:48 pm »

I wrote my own some years ago, but it hasn't been updated to include any cards/sets I don't own.

Barbarossa41

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: Barbarossa41
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 11:10:41 pm »

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.38 seconds with 21 queries.