Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Return to VP for Curses  (Read 1047 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
Return to VP for Curses
« on: March 22, 2020, 12:12:52 am »

I know the idea of a card straight-up giving you VP for curses is awful, but I've always liked the concept.  I was thinking recently, could it be salvaged by making it an action card?  An idea I had was

[Insert Name Here] - Action/Victory
+1 Card
+1 Action
+1 Buy
-----
Worth 1 VP per Curse you have.

This card won't use up space in your deck, and gives you the extra buys you might want to pick up curses.  It can still be useful in Kingdoms without any other source of +Buy.  Is there something stupid about this idea, and is it salvageable at all if it is stupid?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Wizard_Amul

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
Re: Return to VP for Curses
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 12:57:17 am »

I know the idea of a card straight-up giving you VP for curses is awful, but I've always liked the concept.  I was thinking recently, could it be salvaged by making it an action card?  An idea I had was

+1 Card
+1 Action
+1 Buy
-----

This card won't use up space in your deck, and gives you the extra buys you might want to pick up curses.  It can still be useful in Kingdoms without any other source of +Buy.  Is there something stupid about this idea, and is it salvageable at all if it is stupid?

If you want something that doesn't take up space in your deck, how about a landmark that gives you +2 VP for each curse in your deck?

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 01:25:20 am »

+1 Card
+1 Action
+1 Buy
-----

If you want something that doesn't take up space in your deck, how about a landmark that gives you +2 VP for each curse in your deck?

The idea of this is to be an alt-VP strategy.  A landmark like that doesn't quite fit.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

kru5h

• Tactician
  • Respect: +401
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 03:24:41 am »

I think it's flawed but salvageable.

It should be fairly easy to get 5 of the 10 (or more) Curses, making these worth 5 VP a piece. And they cantrip and give you a buy (Which helps you buy more Curses), making these almost as valuable as Provinces.

These should probably be harder to get than a 5-cost.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.505 seconds with 22 queries.