Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Silly things to do during Donate  (Read 1277 times)

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
Silly things to do during Donate
« on: March 21, 2020, 03:06:48 pm »
+5

With Way of the Mouse and some of the Reaction cards, you could in theory play all kinds of cards during a player's Donate. But it wouldn't be anybody's turn. So if you play Fortune several times, you double your money each time!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 03:25:35 pm by Jeebus »

scolapasta

• Minion
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
Re: Silly things to do during Donate
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 03:31:49 pm »
+1

With Way of the Mouse and some of the Reaction cards, you could in theory play all kinds of cards during a player's Donate. But it wouldn't be anybody's turn. So if you play Fortune several times, you double your money each time!

The challenge here is (of course) that Fortune was created before it was possible to play in between turns.

I think there's an argument to be made that "double your $ if you haven't yet this turn" implies you only double when it's during a turn. (and that in between turns is a kind of limbo where Fortune does nothing).
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 03:50:34 pm »
+1

Buy a Messenger from the Black Market, don't pass out any other cards.

Snowy Village doesn't stop +Actions now, so you can really power up that Diadem for Storyteller/Black Market.

Every Fool's Gold makes $4.

I wonder what happens with The River's Gift? "+1 Card at the end of this turn. (Keep this until Clean-up.)" I guess "this turn" would be undefined, so you don't draw a card, but you would keep it until the next player's clean-up phase and then discard it?

I think most other cards that refer to "this turn" just don't work in obvious ways, assuming "this turn" is essentially undefined/null.

I guess Wayfarer always costs $6.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 04:00:37 pm »
+1

I wonder what happens with The River's Gift? "+1 Card at the end of this turn. (Keep this until Clean-up.)" I guess "this turn" would be undefined, so you don't draw a card, but you would keep it until the next player's clean-up phase and then discard it?

I think most other cards that refer to "this turn" just don't work in obvious ways, assuming "this turn" is essentially undefined/null.

I would agree.
Donald answered River's Gift here: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18334.msg749224#msg749224

Wolphmaniac

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: DividedSpy
  • Respect: +279
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 09:26:09 pm »

If the game is lost, I will donate down to nothing as a joke.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.