Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Way of the Mouse and Setup Rules  (Read 1738 times)

Doom_Shark

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Doom_Shark
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
Way of the Mouse and Setup Rules
« on: March 20, 2020, 07:44:14 am »

Way of the Mouse. Wacky card. Do I perform Setup instructions for the card set aside for this? Like, if I set aside Trade Route, for example, do I get out the mat and put coin tokens on the victory piles?

Edit: Damn, cardImage tags from the extension didn't work on Way of the Mouse.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 07:45:44 am by Doom_Shark »
"I swear to drunk I'm not officer, God."
Generation 33 The first time you see this, copy it, add 1 to the generation number, and add it to your signature. (On any forum) Social experiment.

dz

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: DZ
  • Respect: +342
    • View Profile
Re: Way of the Mouse and Setup Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 08:04:23 am »

Way of the Mouse. Wacky card. Do I perform Setup instructions for the card set aside for this? Like, if I set aside Trade Route, for example, do I get out the mat and put coin tokens on the victory piles?

This was answered in the rulebook, and the answer is yes. So if you set aside e.g. Pixie, you start with Goat.

Doom_Shark

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 08:46:40 am »

This was answered in the rulebook, and the answer is yes. So if you set aside e.g. Pixie, you start with Goat.

Ah. I need to learn to read. Thanks
Generation 33 The first time you see this, copy it, add 1 to the generation number, and add it to your signature. (On any forum) Social experiment.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 11:21:01 am »

This matches Black Market, right? Anything in Black Market is considered to be in the game; so you follow all setup instructions for it, including Heirlooms.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Doom_Shark

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 04:13:40 pm »
+1

This matches Black Market, right? Anything in Black Market is considered to be in the game; so you follow all setup instructions for it, including Heirlooms.

Yeah. Black Market was the reason I thought of it, actually. Funny enough, Black Market could be the mouse

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 04:52:16 pm »
+1

It just hit me how crazy Way of the Mouse can be with Shelters/Necropolis. You can now play an attack card on turn 1; before your opponent has ever had a turn.

*Edit* Ok, you could always do that with crazy "empty the supply on turn 1" type stuff. But now you can do it really easily without needing a crazy setup.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 04:54:58 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1335
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 05:01:49 pm »

It just hit me how crazy Way of the Mouse can be with Shelters/Necropolis. You can now play an attack card on turn 1; before your opponent has ever had a turn.

*Edit* Ok, you could always do that with crazy "empty the supply on turn 1" type stuff. But now you can do it really easily without needing a crazy setup.
You play Necropolis as Moused Urchin.  Your opponent goes from having a 5/2 opening to a 4/2 opening

And if Fisherman's in the kingdom, a discard attack puts the price back from $2 to $5!
They/them

mxdata

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 05:04:37 pm »

You play Necropolis as Moused Urchin.  Your opponent goes from having a 5/2 opening to a 4/2 opening

And if Fisherman's in the kingdom, a discard attack puts the price back from $2 to $5!

Wait, even better - if Catapult is the set-aside card, you can turn your opponent's would-be 5/2 opening into a 3/2 opening!
They/them

mxdata

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2020, 05:44:44 pm »
+1

I think in playing IRL, I'll propose a house rule that when there's Shelters and Mouse's set-aside card is an Attack, that we don't use it until Turn 3 at the earliest.  Because attacks have the potential to be absurdly cruel in the opening
They/them
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.