Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Achievement I want to unlock  (Read 2298 times)

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1335
    • View Profile
Achievement I want to unlock
« on: March 19, 2020, 11:58:54 am »
+2

Playing Goatherd after the player to my right bought Donate
They/them

Wizard_Amul

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Re: Achievement I want to unlock
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 12:01:52 pm »
+7

I thought about this when I first saw the card and then realized that it doesn't work since Donate trashing happens between turns.

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1335
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 12:53:14 pm »

I thought about this when I first saw the card and then realized that it doesn't work since Donate trashing happens between turns.
Oh, right.  Didn't catch that.  Well, darn, so much for the +ridiculous number of cards
They/them

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 01:02:46 pm »
+4

When you play Goatherd on your right-hand opponent's turn, I assume that "their last turn" means the turn they had before this current turn? Which, in a multiplayer game; could have been 4 turns ago? Is this correct? Or was "their last turn" their current turn if it currently is their turn?

Same goes for playing Smugglers or Treasure Hunter on your opponent's turn. I'll make a rules forum thread for this one.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 01:15:23 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

marksim

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 08:22:10 pm »

When you play Goatherd on your right-hand opponent's turn, I assume that "their last turn" means the turn they had before this current turn? Which, in a multiplayer game; could have been 4 turns ago? Is this correct? Or was "their last turn" their current turn if it currently is their turn?

Same goes for playing Smugglers or Treasure Hunter on your opponent's turn. I'll make a rules forum thread for this one.

Basically it just means the turn that happened just before yours.  "Their last turn" is the turn that they last played. 

Ingix

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ingix
  • Respect: +424
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 05:46:44 am »
+1

Basically it just means the turn that happened just before yours.  "Their last turn" is the turn that they last played.

I think you missed the initial condition "When you play Goatherd on your right-hand opponent's turn...". Menagerie allows many new things to happen (often they are very unlikely edge cases).

Gherald

• Minion
  • Awe: +35
  • Respect: +1397
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 07:10:04 am »
+1

Right. Simplest example being you gain a card during that turn, react with Sheepdog, play it as Way of the Mouse-Goatherd.

Donald answered; it's their last completed turn.
My opponent has more loot than me
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.