Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Way of Mouse + Another Way  (Read 2111 times)

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1350
    • View Profile
Way of Mouse + Another Way
« on: March 18, 2020, 01:32:35 pm »
+1

I know it's recommended to use only one Way, but that's not an actual rule, so you can have two Ways.  Normally, though, you wouldn't be able to play two Ways on one card, because even if you tried to, one would overrule the other

However, suppose that you have Mouse and some other Way.  When you play the set-aside card with Mouse, can you then apply the second Way to the set-aside action?  Most times that wouldn't be any different from playing the second Way in the first place, but suppose that the second Way is Chameleon, and the set-aside card has +cards or +coins, e.g., Pearl Diver.  Would you then be able to play the set-aside Pearl Diver with Chameleon?
They/them

Wizard_Amul

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
Re: Way of Mouse + Another Way
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 01:39:57 pm »
+2

I'm pretty sure you can do this. You are "playing" the set-aside card, even though it remains set aside. Similarly, I'm quite sure you can do this with something like Band of Misfits -> play Pearl Diver -> play Pearl Diver as Way of the Chameleon.

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 03:32:42 pm »

What you can't do is, say, use Way of the Otter to get +2 Cards and then Way of the Chameleon to convert those +Cards to +Coins.

EDIT: Corrected, thanks, GendoIkari
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 03:51:22 pm by Jeebus »

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 03:34:13 pm »

What you can't do is, say, use Way of the Ox to get +2 Actions and then Way of the Chameleon to convert those +Actions to +Coins.

Chameleon turns cards into coins, not actions though. But still true, you can't play a single action using multiple ways.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 11:44:25 pm »
+2

I know it's recommended to use only one Way, but that's not an actual rule, so you can have two Ways.  Normally, though, you wouldn't be able to play two Ways on one card, because even if you tried to, one would overrule the other

However, suppose that you have Mouse and some other Way.  When you play the set-aside card with Mouse, can you then apply the second Way to the set-aside action?  Most times that wouldn't be any different from playing the second Way in the first place, but suppose that the second Way is Chameleon, and the set-aside card has +cards or +coins, e.g., Pearl Diver.  Would you then be able to play the set-aside Pearl Diver with Chameleon?
You can apply the other Way to the set-aside card.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.