Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sheepdog + "When you gain"  (Read 884 times)

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1350
    • View Profile
Sheepdog + "When you gain"
« on: March 18, 2020, 01:22:35 am »

If you gain a card with a "when you gain this" clause, do you resolve the "when you gain this" before you react with Sheepdog, or do you react with Sheepdog first, then resolve the "when you gain this"?  Or can you choose the order, since they're both triggered by the gaining?

For example, I gain Hostelry, do I discard Treasures for Horses before or after getting +2 Cards from Sheepdog?  Depending on what the cards I draw with Sheepdog is, this might affect the number of Horses I can gain
They/them

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
Re: Sheepdog + "When you gain"
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 01:31:07 am »
+1

If you gain a card with a "when you gain this" clause, do you resolve the "when you gain this" before you react with Sheepdog, or do you react with Sheepdog first, then resolve the "when you gain this"?  Or can you choose the order, since they're both triggered by the gaining?

For example, I gain Hostelry, do I discard Treasures for Horses before or after getting +2 Cards from Sheepdog?  Depending on what the cards I draw with Sheepdog is, this might affect the number of Horses I can gain
Either order. If you had two Sheepdogs you could also do the Hostelry in the middle.

Ingix

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ingix
  • Respect: +424
    • View Profile
Re: Sheepdog + "When you gain"
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 07:07:11 am »

A cards own "When you gain this" ability is in no way different or privileged from another card's "When you gain a card" effect. You can execute them in whatever order you want.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.